Chit Chat

Our strange sad experience today

My daughter and I stopped at a Starbucks in our downtown area to celebrate a good driving lesson. We took a walk with our coffees and my daughter said “Mom is that a body?” There was a person on a grassy patch of ground at a busy intersection. Someone had called the police a few minutes before and they arrived and secured the scene as we were standing there. It was so sad and We felt helpless. Thanks for listening I just needed to share.

http://abc7chicago.com/body-found-along-northwest-highway-in-arlington-heights/3456521/

Re: Our strange sad experience today

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yikes. I am perhaps 8-10 miles from there. I am going to hope someone saw this man collapse and immediately called for an ambulance. This is a highly active and busy intersection. I cannot believe he was there for long without being noticed.

I had a 12 hour day between work and babysitting, so I haven’t had a chance to watch any local news yet today.  I’m anxious to see what is reported tonight.  
  • debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    The man who called the police was still there when we got there. He said the man was on the ground when he found him. 
  • edited May 2018
    That is really sad. I’m sorry you experienced that. I always worry in these cases at busy places that people think “oh well someone else must have called it in already” and then carry on.

Recently, I was driving to work one morning and this yellow car is in front of me and we stop at a red light. Light turns green and car doesn’t move. I wait a few seconds then honk. Nothing. I honk again. Then I think are they trying to get into the right lane for some reason? (Two lanes we were were in the left). So I decided to go around them via the left turn lane and as I’m slowly going I glance at the driver and she looks like she’s either asleep or dead. I freaked out and called 911 but the flow of traffic was so busy I couldn’t pull over safely for several blocks. 911 said they were on the way but I kept thinking about what if I had just forced a pull over and ran to see if they were ok or needed cpr. I’ll never know but I hope the person was just asleep (narcolepsy?!) and didn’t have a heart attack and die while waiting for the light to turn green. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • That's so sad.

Also, my in-laws live like 4 blocks from there. 

• I'm sorry you and your daughter had to witness that!  It would be upsetting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Really sorry that you had to witness that. Never easy.