Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

Another half day for me.  Yesterday, I got a bunch done around the house and picked up DefConn's glasses. 

Today I have some running around to do before the kids get home from school. 

I'm going to Wicked tomorrow night.  I cannot wait.  I've seen it 2 times and the reviews for this tour from my friends who have seen it already are fantastic. 

We're trying to find something to do Sunday, but the weather looking iffy. 

What's up for your weekend? 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options

Oh I'm so jealous, mrsconn! I've always wanted to see Wicked and we (H) missed it when it was just here!

Haircut tonight after work, so I'm stressing about probably not being able to work out and what/when I will eat. Because that's generally how I spend most of my time - stressing about food. LOL

I guess H's stepmom is trying to have a family thing on Sunday. Pretty sure I'm not going. It's hard for me to bite my tongue around that train wreck anyway but on Mother's Day when my mom is dead? NOPE. I'll be in bed, thanks.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Wicked is awesome, @mrsconn23, I think I've seen it 3 times too! Or maybe only twice....I'm bummed because H and i missed Love Never Dies when it was here. It had such a short run.
    @shessocold, this is my life too.  Always thinking about my next meal and what it is.  On non workout days, I know I have to eat less and it makes me stabby.

Tonight is dinner at my friends house, tomorrow is errand day and I NEED my car washed like mad (inside, so the rain doesn't matter), and maybe dinner and a movie.  Sunday is lazy day.  Also maybe dinner/movie.  It's pretty much how we occupy our time.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Today started with Max wetting the bed at 4:30.  Then I had to give the cat eye drops.  M2 spent the morning crying because it's field day and she can't participate.  I offered to pick her up early and take her to the zoo, but she said no.

6let and M2 had 8 am dentist appointments.  When we were leaving there M2 said she didn't have breakfast.  I swung in the grocery store for nutrigrain bars

I got home and saw 6let's open lunch box only to remember he had asked me to make him hot dogs to add to his lunch.  I ALMOST went the whole year without forgetting someone's lunch.

I sent the wrong report out yesterday.  Today I need to fix that and do a half dozen more.  I also need to clean bathrooms and take Max to the zoo.

Our property backs up to a huge hill and a fence.  On the other side is a huge drop off then a commercial property.  They are supposed to mow the grass on our side, but have not done it once this year even though we have all called.  The grass is over my knees on this side.  There side it perfectly manicured.

This weekend we have 4 or 5 soccer games, 2 baseball games, a lacrosse game, and Oh, my MIL wants to come to some of them.  I don't know if I have the energy for her. For this tournament they combined our east and west teams into 4 teams.  The only kids on our team have parents I like.  Our games are spaced enough that I won't have to see and hear the other parents griping. 

• Options
    6fsn said:

Today started with Max wetting the bed at 4:30.  Then I had to give the cat eye drops.  M2 spent the morning crying because it's field day and she can't participate.  I offered to pick her up early and take her to the zoo, but she said no.

I like, cried BECAUSE it was field day at school! Bless her heart for wanting to go! You have all these games in ONE weekend?  Sounds like a years worth to me. .....Am I not getting this extra curricular activity thing?

• Options

Our summer hours start on May 25th! ½ Friday’s through Labor Day…I am so excited.

My weekend is busy AF:

• I need to get my oil changed
    • I have a hair appointment
    • My FI has boards on Monday so I am helping him study (as best as I can)
    • We have to make lists and pack everything for the wedding as we leave on Tuesday
    • We have some friends who can’t make it to the wedding coming over for a cocktail party. Chrissy Teigen has an entire chapter in her cookbook called “S*it on Toast” and I’m here for it.

Good thing our new wine glasses can hold an entire bottle :wink:

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    @charmedpam- We have a soccer tournament so instead of 1 game, 6let has 3.  Then you add in multiple kids.  Lacrosse and soccer end next weekend so it's almost over.
  • Options
    @shessocold, I forgot to get my mom a card (have something being sent to her though), so I'm totes going to use that on Sunday.  But with my bitmoji, of course. 

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @shessocold, I forgot to get my mom a card (have something being sent to her though), so I'm totes going to use that on Sunday.  But with my bitmoji, of course. 

There's a couple cute ones! I'll probably send that to my MIL since H never sends her cards.

ETA that would be hilarious if you send a bitmoji that looked like someone else! LOL

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Our summer hours start on May 25th! ½ Friday’s through Labor Day…I am so excited.

My weekend is busy AF:

• We have to make lists and pack everything for the wedding as we leave on Tuesday
    • We have some friends who can’t make it to the wedding coming over for a cocktail party. Chrissy Teigen has an entire chapter in her cookbook called “S*it on Toast” and I’m here for it.

Chrissy Teigen's twitter is one of my favorite things. 

What field is your FI in? Good luck to him on his test!
  • Options
    I'm in raging Mama Bear mode this morning.

Do you remember the incident Chiquita had back in December with a kid putting his head in her crotch talking about sex and vaginas?   I brought it to the attention of the daycare and the school and it was handled.   For several months the kid didn't ride the bus but he and Chiquita are in the same class and before/after care at the daycare.

DH and I think he's bad news bears.   I can't tell if it's a situation where he has older siblings and he's exposed to just more adult content than he should by nature of his living arrangement or if there's something wrong WITH him.   IMO, it doesn't matter.   It's about the overall outcome in his actions that I want addressed as a pattern of behavior.

Today as the kids lined up for the bus BNB (Bad News Bears) put his hands on another boy.   Chiquita yelled out for the daycare teacher and BNB, got in her face, yelled at her for doing it and put his hands on her and pushed her.   The teacher was on her way into the room - it's not like she was neglecting these kids at all.   She diffused as I got Chiquito onto the daycare playground and then I came out to a kiddo that was frightened and hurt.    

The daycare director assured me she'd contact his parents and I contacted their classroom teacher.   We're at just about a month left of school and I asked that they are NOT placed in the same 3rd grade.    I asked it nicely but quite frankly I'm not requesting it.   The school is big enough that they can find another room for him.  I'm done seeing if they can work it out.

Other than that - SSDD.   I feel like Chiquita should get ice cream for dinner tonight.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Chiquita should get ice cream - poor girl. I'm glad she yelled out for the teacher and I hope the school takes this stuff seriously. I'm guessing she isn' the only one he's messing with.

For me: I'm sooooo tired of flakey people on FB marketplace. It's taking me like 2-3 days to sell an item since I try to be nice and go in order of messages received and people either say they're picking up and don't show or don't respond. I know it is par for the course, I've bought and sold enough to know it happens, but when it keeps happening it drives me crazy. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2018

ETA that would be hilarious if you send a bitmoji that looked like someone else! LOL

I dunno, aside from the face shape, freckles and rosacea, she may not even notice...

My weekend is busy AF:

I'm really starting to dig Chrissy Teigen!  I may pick up her cook book.  Have fun at the cocktail party!

banana468 said:
    That kid needs help now before he gets even worse!  You should be in mama bear mode.  I think your request is perfectly acceptable and should be acknowledged by the school system.   Ice cream for dinner sounds justified too!

• Options

Happy Mother's Day to all the WW moms!

@charlotte989875, yay last day of classes!  I love that doggy meme.

@NBSquared2017, good luck to your FI!

@banana468, I remember the story you told about BNB.  I hope he stays away from Chiquita for the rest of the school year and they aren't in the same class together next year.

Last night was fun and interesting!  I recently joined a local real estate investing group.  They had a seminar last night that focused on evaluating properties, from an inspection standpoint, and calculating repair costs.  My H went with me and we learned more than I thought we would.  It was a good experience and I am looking forward to going to more of these functions.  Needless to say, it is also a great place to network ;).

I didn't get enough sleep this week and am going home after work to take an afternoon nap!  This weekend, I am in desperate need to go grocery shopping.  I am also way past the dire need to organize some mounds of paperwork.

I'm thinking about going to a Crawfish Festival on Sat.  I've been having a craving.  My workplace actually has two teams in it.  But, normally at a crawfish boil, there are all kinds of other goodies thrown into the pot, ie mushrooms, garlic, corn, potatoes, etc.  I've heard at this festival it is JUST crawfish.  I'm not sure I can hang with that, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

Poor Chiquita.  Give her lots of praise for calling the teacher and lots of ice cream!

I don't understand bitmojis. I'm blaming my age.

• Options

My weekend is busy AF:

What field is your FI in? Good luck to him on his test!
    He's a podiatric surgeon! He specializes in lower extremities and diabetic limb salvage. It's not glamorous, but he loves helping people. 
  • Options

I dunno, aside from the face shape, freckles and rosacea, she may not even notice...

My weekend is busy AF:

I'm really starting to dig Chrissy Teigen!  I may pick up her cook book.  Have fun at the cocktail party!

banana468 said:
    That kid needs help now before he gets even worse!  You should be in mama bear mode.  I think your request is perfectly acceptable and should be acknowledged by the school system.   Ice cream for dinner sounds justified too!
    Do yourself a favor and get it. The recipes are amazing and simple to follow! We just made steak bites with blue cheese compound butter for dinner and they were AMAZING 
  • Options

banana468 said:
    I told DH that we'll probably get an early dinner together assuming she doesn't turn into an afternoon punk.   Then we'll head to one of the shops in town.   
  • Options
    Happy Mother’s Day to all! 

I have clinic today and tomorrow. For Mother’s Day I’m going down to the beach with my mom, cousin, grandmother and aunt. It’s a far drive but I’m excited to see them. Then the rest of the week is clinic and work. I’m trying to get 120 hours done in clinic by the end of May so I can relax and then just study and maintain one day a week. It’s nice knowing I don’t have to do that many at once, so if I feel overstretched I can take a break. 

• Options
    Good luck to Mr. @NBSquared2017

@short+sassy wow to the crawfish boil. I couldn't hang. I do not enjoy my food looking like it did when it was alive, crawfish are never on my menu anyway, lol. 

I'm grouchy today. With it being my first mother's day, my introverted side is fighting to be appeased. We're spending ALL day Saturday at the racetrack with DH's family (which is normal MD, FD practice), having lunch with my family on Sunday, and after that going to a BBQ at DH's aunt's house. 

I have awesome families and love them dearly but I really want to sit at home and watch royal wedding specials and the cheesy Lifetime movie that's coming out on Harry/Meghan. I told DH all I wanted for Mother's Day was to not change one single diaper. Apparently I need to also ask for uninterrupted time to sit on the couch and veg.  Whiney whine whine. 

• Options
    It's my Thursday and I am so tired.  Yesterday, I arrived to the venue to set up and the entrance was blocked by Sherrif's because the local county jail had inmates planting flowers.  That was the easiest problem I had to solve all day.

So yeah, since I had a piece of avocado toast at 8:30 and nothing else to eat all day, I cheated on the Vegan diet and had a glorious piece of Mahi Mahi with Potato Croquettes, topped with a Black Bean Salsa and some sauce that obviosly had butter in it.  It was glorious.

@ShesSoCold Thanks for the reminder - I have to cancel my hair appointment tomorrow!

@charlotte989875 good luck with the house hunting!

@banana468 I don't think you were Mama Grizzly at all; your request is reasonable and takes the safety of your child into account.  Which BTW great job on raising a kid who isn't afraid to stand up for other children, even when she's had a run in herself with the bully.

I love Chrissy Teigen, I think she's hilarious.  I don't have her cookbook, but I recently bought "Eat like you give a f!ck" and it's great!

Sunday, I'm taking my mom for mani/pedis and then a haircut.  It works out well because I'm overdue for a new gel manicure anyways.
  • Options

Banana - Good for Chiquita yelling out.  Does your daycare not have an escalation clause?  If that were my daycare, BNB would be kicked out already.  They only have so many strikes they give to kids like BNB.

SSC - You shouldn't have to go to Stepmom's if you don't want to. 

SSC & Pam - I don't get bitmojis, I didn't even know those ones were called bitmojis!

Charlotte - Woo to last day of classes!

TIMN - Its your first Mother's Day, you should have bowed out of at least one of the ILs events.  Then let your H spoil you! LOL!  Or maybe you can skip the Sunday dinner and spend that alone while your H takes DD!

Yesterday was a mental health day for me!  H decided to join me!  We went to Atlantic City for a little while.  We walked along the boardwalk, had lunch and then came home.

Just as we came home, we were met with some solar people at the front door.  We have a huge tree in the backyard that blocks the south facing sun.  I mentioned this and this particular company will remove the trees for you - free.  We got an estimate to remove this tree once - 2k!  So if they will remove free - please do!  We also won't have to pay for installation and maintenance.  There will be no lien on the house for the leasing of the solar panels too.  Based on their calculation of our electric bill, we would have a $0 bill per month with all the panels our house could contain.  It all sounds too good to be true!  So once we get the full proposal I will read it with a fine tooth comb.  Then H & I will decide what to do.

Saturday night will be church and then we are dropping DD off at my sister's house for the night.  My niece will watch her with some extra supervision over night.  We will pick her back up on Sunday.  But for Saturday night, we are going to the Melting Pot and then to see the Avengers.  I'm so excited!

My birthday is also on Sunday.  I've already picked out my gifts and yesterday while at Wegmans, H picked out my flowers.  LOL!  He will probably make me a nice breakfast.  We are having a rib dinner at my brother's house later.

Happy Mother's Day to all the human and fur-baby moms!

• Options

You know you are a New Orleanian when...

...someone asks you to name the four seasons and you respond, "Shrimp, oyster, crawfish, and crab."

Ugh that sounds WAY better than the Chicago seasons of snow, cold as shit, road construction and even more road construction.
    Or where I live" Cold & gross, cold and ticks, tourist beach season, fucking leaf peepers".

Thank you @k@kimmiinthemitten and others.   We have emphasized over and over to Chiquita to go get a grown up when something is off.   So far she's too young for the 'snitches get stitches' so I'm sticking with it.   

It pained me to see her shaken.   My poor kiddo.
  • Options

Banana - Good for Chiquita yelling out.  Does your daycare not have an escalation clause?  If that were my daycare, BNB would be kicked out already.  They only have so many strikes they give to kids like BNB.

SSC - You shouldn't have to go to Stepmom's if you don't want to. 

SSC & Pam - I don't get bitmojis, I didn't even know those ones were called bitmojis!

Charlotte - Woo to last day of classes!

TIMN - Its your first Mother's Day, you should have bowed out of at least one of the ILs events.  Then let your H spoil you! LOL!  Or maybe you can skip the Sunday dinner and spend that alone while your H takes DD!

Yesterday was a mental health day for me!  H decided to join me!  We went to Atlantic City for a little while.  We walked along the boardwalk, had lunch and then came home.

Just as we came home, we were met with some solar people at the front door.  We have a huge tree in the backyard that blocks the south facing sun.  I mentioned this and this particular company will remove the trees for you - free.  We got an estimate to remove this tree once - 2k!  So if they will remove free - please do!  We also won't have to pay for installation and maintenance.  There will be no lien on the house for the leasing of the solar panels too.  Based on their calculation of our electric bill, we would have a $0 bill per month with all the panels our house could contain.  It all sounds too good to be true!  So once we get the full proposal I will read it with a fine tooth comb.  Then H & I will decide what to do.

Saturday night will be church and then we are dropping DD off at my sister's house for the night.  My niece will watch her with some extra supervision over night.  We will pick her back up on Sunday.  But for Saturday night, we are going to the Melting Pot and then to see the Avengers.  I'm so excited!

My birthday is also on Sunday.  I've already picked out my gifts and yesterday while at Wegmans, H picked out my flowers.  LOL!  He will probably make me a nice breakfast.  We are having a rib dinner at my brother's house later.

Happy Mother's Day to all the human and fur-baby moms!

It's been SO LONG since I've seen the handbook.   They do have a policy where you can be kicked out but I can't remember seeing it for older kids - it was more in relation to daycare.

My bigger concern is more that Chiquita will see this kid in school so I'm glad that the teacher is taking my complaints seriously.   My mom was a teacher and because of that I really pick and choose my battles there carefully.   This battle has been picked. 
  • Options
    @Banana468 It might be worth it to dig out the handbook.  DD was bit two days in a row by the same child just this week(!).  They are so little, I'm not going to do anything about it.  But if I pressed, this child would be close to be kicked out already.  The policy covered all children that stay at the facility whether it is all day or just before/after care.
  • Options
    I'll mention it.

The issue is that incident #1 with this child was on the bus so it wasn't from the daycare.

Other decent part - She's not there long before the school bus and he isn't there for after care.

That said, DH and I are just not fans of him and I think the mom knows there's not much that she'll do about it.   I get an impression that she knows she can't effect change in her home. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @OliveOilsMom that makes me want to go look at my daycare handbook. Another mom and I were chatting and she said her son has been bit 9 times by this same kid - and one of the marks she showed me was almost a week old and still not healed so it isn't like light bites. She has tried talking to staff and for whatever reason they haven't kicked him out or moved him up (he's almost ready for the next age group) to get him away from her son. I should go look at our handbook and see if it says anything.