Chit Chat

Re: N/A

• ________________________________

• Idk whether to laugh or be mad that this isn’t what I was looking for....
  • Idk whether to laugh or be mad that this isn’t what I was looking for....
    Laugh.

You posted to a public message board full of strangers. If someone thinks this idea is cute, they'll help. If they don't think it's that cute, well, such is life.

The people who have incentive to do this are those who know and care about you personally, or people who think this is just the cutest idea. In between are people who have other opinions or no opinion.
  • Honestly I'd be annoyed (but would oblige) if one of my friends asked me to do this. A stranger asking to do this? Nope. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    SSC that's some nice handwriting!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto PP re your expectations of us being a bit off.  

Also, it’s not really your love that’s so big it’s reached all of our hometowns, if we’re writing the cards and sharing them.  You could hold up “I love you” in front of different landmarks without the middleman.

• kvruns said:
    SSC that's some nice handwriting!

LOL thanks! I had to re-write it to make it legible! :)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • eileenrob said:

Also, it’s not really your love that’s so big it’s reached all of our hometowns, if we’re writing the cards and sharing them.  You could hold up “I love you” in front of different landmarks without the middleman.

This is kind of how I feel about this type of thing. Like "I love you so much, I made one post asking a bunch of strangers to do this thing." It would be cute to take pictures of yourself holding the sign in a bunch of places, because that actually took effort on your part.

OP, if you're still around, I saw things like this all over Wedding Planning on reddit when we were planning our wedding. 
  • Isn't marrying someone more than enough to show your level of love for them?  Why the need for all this cutesy crap?
  • justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Isn't marrying someone more than enough to show your level of love for them?  Why the need for all this cutesy crap?
    Marriage isn't valid unless your proclamations of love go viral. #redo
  • justsie said:
    Isn't marrying someone more than enough to show your level of love for them?  Why the need for all this cutesy crap?
    Marriage isn't valid unless your proclamations of love go viral. #redo
    Well crap!  Almost 7 years in and I am just now finding this out?!  But I do love wedding dresses so I guess a PPD is in order...with one or two dress changes to boot :)
  • eileenrob said:

This is kind of how I feel about this type of thing. Like "I love you so much, I made one post asking a bunch of strangers to do this thing." It would be cute to take pictures of yourself holding the sign in a bunch of places, because that actually took effort on your part.

OP, if you're still around, I saw things like this all over Wedding Planning on reddit when we were planning our wedding. 
    Yea, this sort of thing has always felt a little off to me, and this is why. 

She also posted this on Wedding Wire.