Wedding Woes

Tuesday

How is everyone's Tuesday going?  Mine has started with a little bit of a groan.  Doc Control has major stuff going on, so I've been asked to help them out more.  It's my least favorite and the manager of that department is the one coworker I sometimes complain about.  Oh well.  Good to have a job!  I'll look on the bright side, lol.  Not much else going on in my world.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2018
    booo to that @short+sassy

I'm just sitting her planning my Italy/Greece trip.  15 months away (so I can't book hotels but I'm getting the feel for some of them).  I over cooked my muffin (it's an add water - microwave - poof - protein muffin - kinda thing) AND I was asked yesterday if i wanted to go to the cubs game as a work outing tonight but already had unchangeable plans :( 
    edit words

• It's my Monday. I love long weekends, but I hate playing catch-up at work the day after. I'm surrounded by paper and it sucks. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I woke up to some more baby drama when I realized that what I thought was diaper rash was actually really bad chub rub for Baby B. His inner thighs were awful this morning, I felt so bad for him. Between the other drama at daycare and this I ended up crying talking to the director when I dropped him off this morning even though I know it wasn't intentional. Hopefully this isn't an ongoing thing. 

I'm working from home today. I have tons to do but no motivation to do it in light of all of the daycare stuff going on. This is my busy season at work and I thought I got out ahead of stuff but now I'm not so sure. 
  • Interview tomorrow so I'm pretending to work at the non-profit when really I'm interview prepping. We had a pointless meeting this morning and I was just running interview questions in my head. Some things happened at the meeting that makes me convinced this opportunity is the right one, so hopefully it works out. 
  • I am home from my gum graft and I'm NUMB.   I took two Advil and I'm waiting for my food to cool to eat it.  Plus, I think I'm going to dribble a ton.   Other than that I feel fine but the wearing off of novocaine is not a feeling I recall liking. 

• @CharmedPam, you are reminding me that we do NOT get Memorial Day off at my work (grumble, grumble).  We "trade" it for Mardi Gras, smh.  So unfair because those holidays aren't even near each other.  Obviously, they should both be holidays, hmmph.

@kvruns, poor Baby B!  I hope the problem cures quickly and that your day turns around.

@charlotte989875, good luck on the interview prepping.  I'm sure you'll knock'em dead tomorrow.

@banana468, sounds like the gum graft didn't take too long.  Good luck with the healing and I hope you continue feeling well.  It's hard not to dribble when you can't feel your bottom lip, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I was out in just about an hour.   I had it done on one tooth so it wasn't very invasive.   

Now I'm two Advil in so we'll see how it goes! 

• @CharmedPam, you are reminding me that we do NOT get Memorial Day off at my work (grumble, grumble).  We "trade" it for Mardi Gras, smh.  So unfair because those holidays aren't even near each other.  Obviously, they should both be holidays, hmmph.

@kvruns, poor Baby B!  I hope the problem cures quickly and that your day turns around.

@charlotte989875, good luck on the interview prepping.  I'm sure you'll knock'em dead tomorrow.

@banana468, sounds like the gum graft didn't take too long.  Good luck with the healing and I hope you continue feeling well.  It's hard not to dribble when you can't feel your bottom lip, lol.

Thank you!! I waver between thinking I'm totally ready and can do this, and complete panic. Hoping the former wins out tomorrow. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @charlotte989875, good luck with your interview. Happy anniversary!

I just came out of the rescheduled interview from last week. Seemed to go well, so we'll see.

@banana468, hope you feel better soon.
  • Jen4948 said:

I just came out of the rescheduled interview from last week. Seemed to go well, so we'll see.

Fingers crossed!!
  • Good luck @charlotte989875 and @Jen4948.  And Happy Anniversary Charlotte.  How many years??

@banana468 Ugh.  Tooth work is the worst.  I hope the pain stays away when the freezing comes off. 

We're off today still.  And Friday is track and field day, so it's  nice and short week.  We had family staying with us all weekend, so just doing all the sheets/laundry.  Then I've got a massage booked and the afternoon off.  

Job postings stop this Wed for next year and don't start again until mid-Aug.  I'm really hoping there is something good tomorrow of I may be stuck in my current dog's breakfast role of 10 different classes to teach.  

• Good vibes for the job opportunities @charlotte989875 and @Jen4948

Homework today. We’re finally getting the pipes under the house fixed today. Thank goodness. It’s been such an inconvenience. Next on the list is repairing the foundation. 

I had a really sad case at the clinic yesterday and it got to me a little bit. I think it’s safe to say I won’t go into oncology after I graduate. I’m usually good at shaking things off/compartmentalizing but between the ethics case I had at work this weekend and the case from yesterday I’m glad I won’t be back to the hospital or clinic for a few days. Otherwise I’ve really enjoyed the clinic and I like providing resources and care. 

It’s overcast and raining here which is wonderful. If it can keep it up for a few more days I think I’ll have a beautiful hike ahead for me on Thursday. There might even be some wildflowers that come back to bloom.  

• Jen4948 said:

Thank you!   So far I feel like my lips are made of rubber.

Fingers crossed that this interview went well!
  • Good luck @banana468, @charlotte989875 and @Jen4948.

Today is my Monday also - yesterday was great!  I feel refreshed and ready for the week.    My mom left this morning to see my sister and she is so excited.  We were getting minute by minute text updates at the airport.  My surprise trip is still a surprise, and I'm excited for it.  Especially since we now have a pop up event for 300 on Saturday that I don't have to work.

Also, I'm very excited to announce for those who don't know that anklets are back.  I bought a rose gold, gold & silver herringbone anklet and I'm going to rock it like it's 1995.  
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck to those interviewing!

bad news is work is slow. Good news is it has given me time to purge. 5 bags out of Max’s room today. I told the kids no summer fun until rooms are done. 

The kids really want to see Show Dogs and I was thinking it might be good over a stormy weekend. Then I started ready about the controversy and I just can’t do it. I may very well be overreacting, but I’m ok with that. I explained to 6let why I won’t take them, but I’m no too sure about m2 and Max. I may just let them think I’m a meanie
    https://foreverymom.com/arts-entertainment/dog-show-movie-review-grooming/
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    banana468 said:
    Jen4948 said:

Thank you!   So far I feel like my lips are made of rubber.

Fingers crossed that this interview went well!
    Thanks. Hopefully it'll heal soon.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    Jen4948 said:

Fingers crossed!!
    Thanks!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    Good luck @banana468, @charlotte989875 and @Jen4948.

Today is my Monday also - yesterday was great!  I feel refreshed and ready for the week.    My mom left this morning to see my sister and she is so excited.  We were getting minute by minute text updates at the airport.  My surprise trip is still a surprise, and I'm excited for it.  Especially since we now have a pop up event for 300 on Saturday that I don't have to work.

Also, I'm very excited to announce for those who don't know that anklets are back.  I bought a rose gold, gold & silver herringbone anklet and I'm going to rock it like it's 1995.  
    Thanks!
  • Good luck @Jen4948! Hope you hear from them soon. 
  • Three years @WinstonsGirl! It seems to have gone by so so fast!

And here’s a little AW throwback...

Happy Anniversary!  Also, thanks, you have been a reminder.  Our 5 year anniversary is in exactly one month.  And my H and I are the WORST for remembering our anniversary, lol.  I need to get it on the radar.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I heard the Show Dogs movie is straight up stupid.  My friend did see it and said that the scene doesn't go down as described (apparently secondhand by that blogger), but the movie is not even worth any ridiculousness surrounding it. DefConn hasn't said a peep about wanting to go see it, thankfully.  We rarely watch regular TV except for the news and some primetime shows, so I don't think he's seen ads for it. 

Today is same old shit, but I swear nothing feels normal to me still.  It literally feels like my brain is compartmentalizing itself and I'm aware of it.  And it's weird. 

I talked to my mom on the phone yesterday and she sounded like herself for the most part.  Tomorrow, we're going to go to my nephew's baseball game because my sister is bringing my grandparents and they leave Thursday. 

I'm ready and not ready for the school year to be over.  DefConn no longer has homework, which is so freeing.  But the kids will be home all day with me while I try to work.  Some days seem longer than others when that is the case.  ;) 
  • @mrsconn23, I don't have any children, so I'm not necessarily aware of the school year.  But, this morning on my drive to work, I remarked to myself...for the 2nd day in a row...how light traffic was and was trying to figure out why.  It finally hits me.  School's Out!!!!   Yaaassss.  And my morning drive just became easier for the next 3 months, lol.

I'm glad your mom is at least sounding like herself. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @mrsconn23 I’m glad your mom is doing better.

I have no doubt the blogger overstated things, but I just can’t do it. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    @VarunaTT, sorry to hear that. That sucks.
  • Whoa, I edited my comment for a spelling error and now it has be be approved?  That ish was long, I'm not retyping it.  :smiley:
  • @vaurnatt, it's disappeared for me.  I've had to hit the back button and then re-post the 'saved' comment.  Do you see it at the bottom of this thread?  I know that if I type out something and then the knot 'saves it' it never goes away, even if I never post it. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @vaurnatt, it's disappeared for me.  I've had to hit the back button and then re-post the 'saved' comment.  Do you see it at the bottom of this thread?  I know that if I type out something and then the knot 'saves it' it never goes away, even if I never post it. 
    No.  When I hit Post Reply, it said my post would show when approved or something of the sort.  I tried to go back, but it was totally gone.  Nothing in the box still.