Wedding Woes

And yet again it's Monday

2»

Re: And yet again it's Monday

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    60 meals at once? Dang! And I thought our 3 Hello Fresh meals took up a lot of fridge space 
  • Oh!  I forgot to tell you all about my "almost" calamity this weekend.  So, I'd been debating about joining the South Beach Diet food delivery thing.  I got an e-mail last week that the first month was half off (based on two months, auto-delivery).

So I bit the bullet and joined.  I even signed up with a customer service person over the phone because the website was at a crawl.

At no point in time did anything on the website or the person I spoke to give me a warning that, apparently, almost all the meals are frozen.  I did Nutrisystems years ago and none of theirs are.

I signed into my account over the weekend...complete happenstance because I had a minor question...and saw a link for "Read these 6 tips before you get your first shipment" (something like that).  Phone guy didn't mention "tips".  My intro e-mail, which was basically just a receipt, didn't mention "tips".

I click on the link.  It's all kinds of advice on how to make "room in your freezer" for the 60+ meals you are about to receive.  One of their suggestions was literally buying an extra freezer!  Yet they don't feel the need to mention that 80% of the meals are frozen until AFTER people have placed their first order.  Oh.  Okay.

Utter horror descends down on me.  Who TF has room for 60+ meals in their freezer?!?!  I sure don't.  Perhaps this is a "minor" detail that should be emblazoned in multiple places across their website.  Astounding there is no warning/caution anywhere.

It had been a few days since I joined and I was praying the order hadn't shipped yet and it wasn't too late to cancel.  I was really freaking out.  Thank goodness!!!  I wasn't too late and I was able to cancel the order, along with halting any future auto-shipments.  Even though it worked out, I'm still really angry about it.  It was complete and total random luck that I found out and was able to stop it in time.  I would have been a basket case if I'd suddenly received boxes of frozen food and nowhere to put most of it. 

yeah, I did nutrisystem a few years ago when they revamped the program and added frozen items. It was 50/50 though, 50% shelf stable and 50% frozen and there was a max amount of frozen items you could get (but if you wanted all shelf stable that was OK too).  I will point out - the food is SO SMALL that its not as much as you'd think....like tiny boxes, people, tiny.  Still I have a small freezer to begin with. Real portion sizes suck. 

I was living in an apartment during that time though, and had it delivered to my friends house. Her bratty 17 year old at the time was home for the delivery and even though it had both MY name and her mom's name on it, decided to open it and ate 3 of my desserts in one sitting (the BEST part of the program). I was livid! I didn't think I had to explain mail fraud to a 17 year old but she's super entitled so I don't know why that surprised me.