Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday is not Wednesday

Hi friends.
I have been incredibly lazy as of late but in good spirits so at least it is true laziness and not depression, lol.
Work is slowly returning and I don’t know that I like it, lol. I wouldn’t be mad if I had the summer off and just came back once “the season” started. However, I do have some clients that want to train with me specifically so I will be grateful and happy about it.
DH and I are looking to take a little babymoon to Sri Lanka in July but I have to check with everyone else at the stable about their schedules as they are taking their vacations now too. I am stoked about it because I just found out the easiest/ cheapest/ fastest way to the Not Monsoon Season side of the island is helicopter. If we can get the time off, that would be amazing.

other than that, SSDD.  What’s up with everyone else? Anyone have dinner ideas? I know it is dawn where some of you are but worth a shot. :)

Re: Tuesday is not Wednesday

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    MJL did you enjoy your time back in the States? Sri Lanka is never somewhere I'd have even though to go but I think it sounds really cool

SSC - enjoy!!!

AFM, nothing much here. My kid gave me a cold and I think I'm going to lose my voice from it. I am having trouble talking today so guessing it will be gone tomorrow. My H leaves on Saturday for a week long traveling car show (they do car shows in different cities across the US for a week). I'm taking next week off (except one day that I have a client seminar to teach) and baby B will be in daycare so I'm looking forward to some solitude. 
  • Options
    yay @missjeanlouise, I had to google some pictures and it looks amazeballs.  I hope you can get away.
    Have fun on your trip, @shessocold.  Shawneee National park is beautiful, the very small part I was in anyway.
    @Starmoon44 - see, what I do, is I try to act sick the day before (even if it's Friday) when I plan stuff like that.  And then I come into work the next day with no make up, and that's all it takes for people to agree with me.  "You look so pale and sick!"
    nope.  Just didn't put on foundation. 

Last night H and i saw Solo.  It was excruciating. I'm not a star wars fan to begin with but even I know they're milking the saga.  Way to long and the story line has been done before. yawn. But now the next movie choice is mine and I may pick Book Club.

• Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    I want to see Book Club! I was looking at movies to see with my mom next week but she is very prudish and I think a movie about women finding their sex lives again would not go over well.  
  • Options
    Good morning.  It feels like Monday to me since I took yesterday off due to being sick.  No strep, thankfully.  But I still don't know what made my tonsils balloon up.  They gave me a steroid, and I began to feel much better after one dose.   Still have a little soreness, but radically better than this time yesterday.  The only downside is that the 'roids make me sweaty, but I prefer that over what I felt yesterday. 

DefConn started football conditioning yesterday.  And he started his summer reading program through the school (it's 3 hours in the morning and they bus him back and forth). 

I'm late to the game, but we watched Coco yesterday.  It is SO GOOD.  I cried at the end.  

Other than that, SSDD.  
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    @kvruns, Jane Fonda's character reminds me of Grace with the newfound sex life too.
    @mrsconn23, I had to re-read your sentence. I only use  'roids for hemorrhoids, so I was like 'huh? she's got hemorrhoids too? poor girl! and kudos for being so open to internet strangers.  Nothing I'd admit to....." and then I was like oh! steroids! 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I'm late to the game, but we watched Coco yesterday.  It is SO GOOD.  I cried at the end.  

H and I watched that this weekend! We LOVED it!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    For me, Tuesday is still Tuesday. Not many jobs to apply for today. Maybe I'll cook again later. That seems to have become my comfort activity (along with reading and working out).

• Options
    @kvruns I did enjoy my trip back. Especially my last week since it was spent with my Nana and my best girl friend came with me. I am with you and @CharmedPam, had barely heard of Sri Lanka and never thought of going there but it is a popular vacation spot for this side of the world. There are like 6 UNESCO world site, which we won’t have time to go to, lol.
     It is really interesting to learn about places that Americans never think to go to but are super common for people from this side of the world. Like Tbilisi Georgia is really popular for skiing. 

Hope you feel better soon Mrsconn!!
  • Options
    Clinic today. I’m dragging between going to bed late and having Jack wake us up at 4 am. I spent a good chunk of last night figuring out who to vote for today. I’m trying to be strategic, and I’m actually kind of nervous about this election. We could easily flip red if people fuck this up and waste their votes on candidates with no chance of winning. Voting for sheriff was probably the worst. Almost all of the candidate’s platforms were, “we don’t get enough money. The public should respect us. Being a sanctuary state is ruining us. The second ammendment is a backbone of our country.” Ugh. 

Yesterday FSIL and I went on a hike and I almost died. I don’t know why I agreed to go. It was 95 degrees out. I just can’t hike when it’s that hot. Which is sadly like most of the year. The hike wasn’t even that hard. It was just the heat. I guess it’s back to the stair master in the gym now. 

Have fun @ShesSoCold!

I hope you can get the time off @missJeanLouise!

@mrsconn23 did they do a rapid strep or a throat culture? 

• Options
    @kvruns I did enjoy my trip back. Especially my last week since it was spent with my Nana and my best girl friend came with me. I am with you and @CharmedPam, had barely heard of Sri Lanka and never thought of going there but it is a popular vacation spot for this side of the world. There are like 6 UNESCO world site, which we won’t have time to go to, lol.
     It is really interesting to learn about places that Americans never think to go to but are super common for people from this side of the world. Like Tbilisi Georgia is really popular for skiing. 

DS1 went to Georgia for a month after he graduated from college and loved it. He said Tbilisi was gorgeous. He brought us some delicious wine from Georgia not sure if it was from Tbilisi though. He would love to go back and said we should plan on going there!

Nothing much going on here. I need to clean the house today but instead I'm meeting friends for lunch. Maybe I'll clean after I get back. I feel as if I should clean and have the house done before we go to Chicago when the grandbabies are born - just waiting on a call. DD is going stir crazy after only being off work a few days. I'm glad she isn't working though. It is good for her to be able to prop her feet up and take it easy for a bit before chaos ensues!
  • Options
    Well the resigning yesterday went better than I thought. I'm resigning from job 2 (the university) later today. My supervisor was basically "I'm sad, but I'm not surprised. People are really resistant to the work we hired you to do". Uhh okay? Thanks. I've been telling you this for months. 

Sri Lanka sounds awesome @missJeanLouise, hope you can make it work!

Hope you feel better @mrsconn23!
  • Options
    levioosa said:

@mrsconn23 did they do a rapid strep or a throat culture? 
    Yes, so I know there's an outside chance the longer test may show strep.  But I'm feeling so much better.  Strep usually takes me 2 days of Rx to start feeling better. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    that is an odd comment @charlotte989875
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    that is an odd comment @charlotte989875
    Yeah, I thought so too. H said "well that's defeatist". 

They hired me to do research on a new model for providing evidence-based programming; expect the people who had to implement the programming are resistant to the new model and don't want to do any of the work that is needed to make the changes. And the management team basically has zero experience in leadership or management and won't require (or encourage) people to make the changes either. So she was like "yeah I know no one is doing anything" and yet makes no changes to make people do anything. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Glad you feel better mrsconn

It's rainy and gross here today.  I though it was supposed to be short lived so we tried to go to the zoo. Yeah, we gave up after 1.5 hrs.  Oh well.  We came home and put on dry clothes and are taking a lazy day- Movies and an unhealthy snack of 'nilla wafers with chocolate frosting smooshed in the middle.

I worked, did laundry, and meal prepped.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and I found out we will have at least 3 events for my brother's award weekend- casual, business suity, and fancy dress.  I hate clothes.
  • Options

Still no definitive word about my car.  It's not the alternator (starter).  I spoke to the repair shop 3 hours ago, but haven't heard back since.

This is what they told me earlier.  They juiced my battery back to a full charge yesterday.  But it was back to zero this morning.  So, either my battery went bad, or there is a "parasitic drain" somewhere in my car.  That was literally the term they used, lol.

Last I heard, they were going to put a new battery in and see what happens.

I'm rooting for that the battery just died an early death.  I feel like they would have known that by now?  But I don't know.

I have to get up 30 minutes earlier than usual to take the bus to work.  Which really isn't bad at all, except I am not a morning person.  I have a lot of work to do, but have barely been conscious all day, lol.

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd have my car back and be back home taking a nap right about now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Still no definitive word about my car.  It's not the alternator (starter).  I spoke to the repair shop 3 hours ago, but haven't heard back since.

This is what they told me earlier.  They juiced my battery back to a full charge yesterday.  But it was back to zero this morning.  So, either my battery went bad, or there is a "parasitic drain" somewhere in my car.  That was literally the term they used, lol.

I'm rooting for that the battery just died an early death.  I feel like they would have known that by now?  But I don't know.

I have to get up 30 minutes earlier than usual to take the bus to work.  Which really isn't bad at all, except I am not a morning person.  I have a lot of work to do, but have barely been conscious all day, lol.

If I could wave a magic wand, I'd have my car back and be back home taking a nap right about now.

This happened to my car. The battery kept dying, I would jump it/recharge it to full, and a few days later it was dead. Each time AAA told me something was draining the battery but they didn't know what. Took it to the dealer and it was just a bad battery. Hoping that's all it is for you! 
  • Options
    And now I am thinking today is Wednesday because my chocorite protein bars came in a day early, and I was supposed to get them on Wednesday.  I'm going to be screwed up the entire week. 

@short+sassy, really hoping it's just a battery issue.

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member

DS1 went to Georgia for a month after he graduated from college and loved it. He said Tbilisi was gorgeous. He brought us some delicious wine from Georgia not sure if it was from Tbilisi though. He would love to go back and said we should plan on going there!

Nothing much going on here. I need to clean the house today but instead I'm meeting friends for lunch. Maybe I'll clean after I get back. I feel as if I should clean and have the house done before we go to Chicago when the grandbabies are born - just waiting on a call. DD is going stir crazy after only being off work a few days. I'm glad she isn't working though. It is good for her to be able to prop her feet up and take it easy for a bit before chaos ensues!
    I have been thinking about you, @ILoveBeachMusic!  I recalled your daughter was due shortly after my DS and his wife were due.  They had a lovely little lady on May 17th, just 4 days ahead of the original due date.  We head out to LA toward the end of the month to meet Little Miss Hazel <3 

I am headed out your way next weekend with the two grandbabies here, our second trip to the Children's Museum.  The Sports Complex was under construction last year, so we are excited to explore it.  My DD is also ecstatic that the museum is featuring a DC Super Hero exhibit! 

I will keep you all in my prayers.  A calm before the chaos does a body good!!

• Options
    Congratulations on your little granddaughter @MobKaz! I know you are excited to meet her! I will be up your way when you are down here at the Children's Museum! I know you and the kids will love it. I look forward to taking my grands there someday. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful museum here! My kids loved it when they were little and it has only grown and improved! You should take them to Graeter's Ice Cream north of the Children's Museum on Illinois St. Their ice cream is wonderful! I think it is around 54th St and Illinois.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    Congratulations on your little granddaughter @MobKaz! I know you are excited to meet her! I will be up your way when you are down here at the Children's Museum! I know you and the kids will love it. I look forward to taking my grands there someday. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful museum here! My kids loved it when they were little and it has only grown and improved! You should take them to Graeter's Ice Cream north of the Children's Museum on Illinois St. Their ice cream is wonderful! I think it is around 54th St and Illinois.
    That sounds awesome!  Thanks for the recommendation!  We hit up the Gummy bear Castle on the way home last summer and I'm sure we will do that again.  I believe there was also mention of some "special" farm as well, but I can't for the life of me remember it now! 

We shall toast you and your new littles with some Graeter's ice cream in a couple weeks!  Looking forward to "hearing" all about their arrival!
  • Options

This happened to my car. The battery kept dying, I would jump it/recharge it to full, and a few days later it was dead. Each time AAA told me something was draining the battery but they didn't know what. Took it to the dealer and it was just a bad battery. Hoping that's all it is for you! 
    I experienced something like that once. I took my car to an auto shop when the battery kept draining and the mechanics told me they could fix it without changing the battery. But when whatever they did didn't fix the problem I took my car to a dealership where they changed the battery. @short+sassy, good luck with your car!
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    @MobKaz have fun at the museum I can’t wait to check out the outdoor sports part. I think the farm you mean is Fair Oaks Farm off of 65 
  • Options
    Just checking in before the day is officially over.  I'm alive....physically.  Tomorrow is my big event (huge, like beyond my scope of experience huge), and it's for a major global brand that legit everyone uses daily.  Ugh.  No Pressure.  But I have to have confidence (or fake it) and just rock it out.  

We have three - 3! - 300 plus guest events this week and two are tomorrow, and all three are pretty sweet and fancy sounding.  We usually have half a dozen a year.  This week (aka hell week) will gross us more than January-May combined.  Hell, Wednesday and Friday will do more than those five months!  I teased the BFF/Boss today that if we have to have no lives, at least we can do it together.  I have a wedding Saturday and I feel bad for the bride - we're working hard to ensure she doesn't notice, but normally a wedding is the biggest event of the week and this week it's the third or fourth so she doesn't know we're putting everything off until Thursday, but we are.

Monday is my day off, come on sweet, sweet Monday.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @MobKaz have fun at the museum I can’t wait to check out the outdoor sports part. I think the farm you mean is Fair Oaks Farm off of 65 
    Yes it is Fair Oaks. It is a working farm a a great place to visit with kids all by itself! I know lots of folks who have taken kids/grandkids there. They have a restaurant and a dairy bar (quick food/ice cream) food options plus a playground. There are tour packages for the dairy barn and pig barn. You can see calves being born. There are signs for it all up and down I-65 as you get near it! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2018
    Congrats @MobKaz!!  And have fun at the Children's Museum.  My mom cannot wait to take my son and nephews later this summer to the sports experience.  They tried to go in the spring, but it was too rainy.  

I second Fair Oaks.  Their cheese is AMAZING.  I haven't done the tour.  Fair Oaks is exit 220 on I-65.  :D I knew we were getting close to my parent's house when they lived up in the region when we got to Fair Oaks. 

And I love that you call Albanese the "Gummy Bear Castle"!  LOL! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Congrats @MobKaz!!  And have fun at the Children's Museum.  My mom cannot wait to take my son and nephews later this summer to the sports experience.  They tried to go in the spring, but it was too rainy.  

I second Fair Oaks.  Their cheese is AMAZING.  I haven't done the tour.  Fair Oaks is exit 220 on I-65.  :D I knew we were getting close to my parent's house when they lived up in the region when we got to Fair Oaks. 

And I love that you call Albanese the "Gummy Bear Castle"!  LOL! 

Gummy bears are my H's all-time favorite candy.  I had to look up what you all were talking about, lol.  I sent him a link to their website.

@kimmiinthemitten, Phew!  Big time stuff going on for you this week!  Good luck with all of it.  I'm sure you all will throw wonderfully successful events for all the clients this week.  I hope you have already planned for Monday to be a complete veg-out day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker