Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• Options
    I thought your date was this week and not the end of the month!  GOOD FOR YOU!!! Enjoy that gin and tonic. 

• Options
    I thought your date was this week and not the end of the month!  GOOD FOR YOU!!! Enjoy that gin and tonic. 
    Well originally it was yesterday, then they asked me to stay, WFH, until the end of the month to transition a new person, but they decide not to hire a replacement and I had a few remaining reports to finish. Then the new tasks came. 

Whatevs though because I'm out!!!

I'm currently drinking coffee, snuggling with the dog and watching Grey's Anatomy. 
  • Options
    Well originally it was yesterday, then they asked me to stay, WFH, until the end of the month to transition a new person, but they decide not to hire a replacement and I had a few remaining reports to finish. Then the new tasks came. 

I'm currently drinking coffee, snuggling with the dog and watching Grey's Anatomy. 

Apparently, they also "misunderstood" that you were doing them a FAVOR by originally agreeing to stay past your resignation date.  What did they think was going to happen if they started being rude and difficult.  Short sighted.

If I remember correctly, you start the new job on Monday.  Enjoy the rest of the week off!  It's a nice bonus to have a few extra days to decompress between jobs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Apparently, they also "misunderstood" that you were doing them a FAVOR by originally agreeing to stay past your resignation date.  What did they think was going to happen if they started being rude and difficult.  Short sighted.

If I remember correctly, you start the new job on Monday.  Enjoy the rest of the week off!  It's a nice bonus to have a few extra days to decompress between jobs.

Yup, I start Monday! I'm finishing up a section of a paper for a coauthor now then I'm heading out shopping for new work clothes. 

And I'm not checking email, which is a big thing for me!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's awesome @charlotte.  Not the way they treated you, but that you are actually getting a break and enjoying life!!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    @mrsconn23 I think it will be the week of Oct 7th. There will be 6-7 of us (mom/dad, bro/niece, me/baby B/possibly H). Ideally 4 bedrooms as I'd like the baby to be in his own room if possible so he sleeps better. I found some 4 bedroom condos that look decent and it comes out to about $250 a night after all of the cleaning fees, service fees, taxes, etc. The per night fee is like $100 but then the cleaning and service fees are just as much!

Ugh, yes!  I ran into the same problem when I was looking at renting a beachfront condo for our long Gulf Coast FL weekend.

It was already time consuming because I very specifically wanted an ocean front view, with a balcony.  The best I could do was narrow to a "water view", which included condos on marinas, and some travel sites didn't even have that option.  So it was a lot of clicking various units.

And then, after all of that, I'd go to the "book it" page.  And my $80-$100/night condo was suddenly almost 3x that amount with all the taxes and fees!  WTF! 

A cleaning fee and taxes and the website fees (ie VRBO or AirBnB), I understand would be in the final total.  Which is already going to be a shock.  But omg, just roll the rest into the per night charge!  I saw daily "resort fees".  "Property management (PM)" fees.

I'm sorry, PM fees?  Do I suddenly own this unit?  No, no I don't.  So roll that into the expenses like every other type of real estate investment does and potentially charge more per night.  Stop irritating me with the nickel and diming.  More like quarter and dollaring, lol. 

Yeah, that's the vacation industry unfortunately.  My company charges a lot of fees and we get complaints all the time about our fees and policies.  I feel for people, but I gotta eat and I like a bonus.  I understand both sides and get eye-rolly about that stuff.  It's the same thing with airlines and bag fees, assigned seat fees, overhead bin fees, etc.  The industry has definitely made it ridiculous and a headache to take a vacation in some circumstances. 

I remember when we rented a house in Outer Banks, they wanted to charge us $100 or something to provide linens and some other ridiculous fee.  I'm glad I could opt out of those.  
    hotels. com did that to me recently.  A B&B for $89! a night. I was stocked.  But then when I went to purchase it, it said $50.00 non negotiable cleaning fee. We're still going because $139.99 is what I usually pay for a room before taxes anyway, this place just itemized what hotels don't.