Moms and Maids

My sister's hair, Part II

Full disclosure, I think everyone was right about the dress/tux thing.  I could've handled it differently.
I saw my sister last weekend; for our mom's birthday.  I hadn't said anything to her about her hair.  No likes or dislikes, nothing on social media.  (other than privately to my MOH and here on tk)
She decided to ask me "So, you haven't said anything about my hair"
I say " I was taught that if I don't have anything nice to say, to not say anything at all"
Sis:  "So you don't like it"
Me:

Re: My sister's hair, Part II

• Ctd...
    "I'm not very fond of the style.  And I didn't want to hurt your feelings."
    Sis:  "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you can wear a super girly hairdo to my wedding to get back at me"

*Sigh*  As if I'm really going to to 'try to get back at her'  I might not like her hair.  I was petty about her wearing a dress to my wedding, instead of a suit.  But I am not going to stoop to further pettiness. I let it go.  I know my sister.  She wanted a reaction.  Any reaction is better than no reaction, I guess, lol.  And we're still on good on terms; I love and accept her.  And she likes to ruffle my feathers.  And I poke her back.  Siblings. XD
  • She somehow thinks adding a pearl headband to it will appeal to me though.   :D:)
  • Full disclosure, I think everyone was right about the dress/tux thing.  I could've handled it differently.
    I saw my sister last weekend; for our mom's birthday.  I hadn't said anything to her about her hair.  No likes or dislikes, nothing on social media.  (other than privately to my MOH and here on tk)
    She decided to ask me "So, you haven't said anything about my hair"
    I say " I was taught that if I don't have anything nice to say, to not say anything at all"
    Sis:  "So you don't like it"
    Me:
    Ctd...
    "I'm not very fond of the style.  And I didn't want to hurt your feelings."
    Sis:  "Well, if it makes you feel any better, you can wear a super girly hairdo to my wedding to get back at me"

*Sigh*  As if I'm really going to to 'try to get back at her'  I might not like her hair.  I was petty about her wearing a dress to my wedding, instead of a suit.  But I am not going to stoop to further pettiness. I let it go.  I know my sister.  She wanted a reaction.  Any reaction is better than no reaction, I guess, lol.  And we're still on good on terms; I love and accept her.  And she likes to ruffle my feathers.  And I poke her back.  Siblings. XD
    She somehow thinks adding a pearl headband to it will appeal to me though.   :D:)

• She somehow thinks adding a pearl headband to it will appeal to me though.   :D:)
    That's when you take advantage of the moment and suggest something extreme styled 10 steps further (in her direction) than is in her comfort zone that fits with her way of doing things (well made top hat or the like).  "If you're going to do it - go all out and royally rock the heck out of it!"