Wedding Woes

Tu-tu-Tuesday

Morning.  Anyone have big plans tomorrow?

We don't.  My co-worker that lives downtown in a fabulous house has invited us to his party.  We can watch the downtown fireworks from his rooftop deck and we'll be far enough away to avoid the post fireworks traffic.  Since we're going to be sans kids, I may see if I can convince DH to go.  

FIL is swinging by tomorrow to take DefConn to the farm early.   He's so excited.  I know he'll be fine, but this will be the first time for this situation...so it makes me a little nervous.  I still look at him like he's a 3 year old sometimes. ;)  DH's aunt and uncle will be there too and there's plenty of family that will probably stop by.   The kiddo has to work or he'd be going as well. 

I'm more tired today than yesterday.  Vacation hangover is real.  :)  Plus, I think my allergies are flaring.  My throat hurts and my nose is still off. 

Re: Tu-tu-Tuesday

• H’s co-workers just bought a new house, so they are hosting for the 4th.

They live in the middle of nowhere so if you don’t hear from me by Thursday send food  :smiley:

We finally went to our developments pool yesterday evening. I don't know how to swim, but H is determined for me to learn how. 

It was nice and quiet at the pool, but I woke up this morning so sore from doing the most, apparently.  

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    No big plans here.  Just going to be weird getting a day off mid week.  Maybe H and I will go see The First Purge. @NBsquared2017, good luck on the lessons.  One of my new favorite things to do in the water is fluid running. You get a nice work out.  But at nearly $20/session right now at my local Y, it's to costly for me to spend.

I was up at 2 this morning for my workout.  I have a body fat measurement today at my check up, and I can't drink coffee this morning, I can't eat or drink four hours before the appt and I can't work out 12 hours before it.  So ending it at 3:00 a.m. would put me the 12 hour mark.  

fingers crossed we get out early today because I have to leave at 2:45 for this appt and I'm not coming back!

edit: email came out.  It's 2:00 pm today!  What should I do with my extra 45 minutes?  Shopping is dangerous....

• We're not doing anything tomorrow. Well, we're cleaning the house and he's gotta now. Which will be really nice to just have a rando Wednesday off. 

Last night, in traffic, someone proposed to me.  :D 

Work is annoying me, but I think my newly assigned agent and I just need to get used to each other and work out some kinks. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @charmedpam woah that is dedication
  • kvrunskvruns member
    No 4th plans here. We had our party and big fireworks show on Saturday so nothing planned for tomorrow. Hoping to hit the pool as long as the weather is decent. Baby B only wants to be held in the pool, no floats or anything but at least he's lightweight in the pool vs real life!
  • We’re having a Fourth of July party here so I’m spending the day deep cleaning and food prepping. I’m already tired thinking about it. But tomorrow should be fun. We’re having pretty much all the families meet (between my parents/grandparents, FI’s parents, and FSIL’s FI’s grandparents), so that should be interesting. I hope everyone has a great fourth! 

• No big plans here.  Just going to be weird getting a day off mid week.  Maybe H and I will go see The First Purge. @NBsquared2017, good luck on the lessons.  One of my new favorite things to do in the water is fluid running. You get a nice work out.  But at nearly $20/session right now at my local Y, it's to costly for me to spend.

I was up at 2 this morning for my workout.  I have a body fat measurement today at my check up, and I can't drink coffee this morning, I can't eat or drink four hours before the appt and I can't work out 12 hours before it.  So ending it at 3:00 a.m. would put me the 12 hour mark.  

fingers crossed we get out early today because I have to leave at 2:45 for this appt and I'm not coming back!

edit: email came out.  It's 2:00 pm today!  What should I do with my extra 45 minutes?  Shopping is dangerous....
    Hey, if you can't eat, shopping is the next best thing!

And I second Kvruns - you're a badass! Good for you! I was awake early enough to work out this morning and I instead just stayed in bed and wished I was asleep. LOL 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    No big plans here.  Just going to be weird getting a day off mid week.  Maybe H and I will go see The First Purge. @NBsquared2017, good luck on the lessons.  One of my new favorite things to do in the water is fluid running. You get a nice work out.  But at nearly $20/session right now at my local Y, it's to costly for me to spend.

Hey, if you can't eat, shopping is the next best thing!

And I second Kvruns - you're a badass! Good for you! I was awake early enough to work out this morning and I instead just stayed in bed and wished I was asleep. LOL 
    oh, I've definitely done that before!  Actually, I'll pass a TJ Maxx my friend works at on the way to the doctors office, so maybe I'll pop in there.  

edit: more on this proposal @shessocold lol

• No big plans here.  Just going to be weird getting a day off mid week.  Maybe H and I will go see The First Purge. @NBsquared2017, good luck on the lessons.  One of my new favorite things to do in the water is fluid running. You get a nice work out.  But at nearly $20/session right now at my local Y, it's to costly for me to spend.

You go! I have been trying to stay active - I take a boxing class every Monday, but I've been slacking since the wedding. I need to get back at it.
  • No plans.

You go! I have been trying to stay active - I take a boxing class every Monday, but I've been slacking since the wedding. I need to get back at it.
    I sincerely loved my boxing class when I did it. But then I found out, it really all deepened on the instructor. My crossfit/boxing gym had SUCH high turn over it was hard to keep track of the good ones and bad ones.

• Tomorrow is a normal Wednesday here. The 4th is my favorite holiday so I hope everyone will have a shandy and sparkler for me. :)

I went to pilates this morning even though I could not wake up today. I even tried to take a nap this afternoon but it didn’t work. I can’t nap :(. Now I am at work. My 6pm didn’t show which is fine because it is my least favorite client. Thursday DH and I are going to some secret Chinese place? Idk, his friend invited us and we are having duck apparently. 

I sincerely loved my boxing class when I did it. But then I found out, it really all deepened on the instructor. My crossfit/boxing gym had SUCH high turn over it was hard to keep track of the good ones and bad ones.
    Totally. I have the same instructor every class, thank goodness. 

Although, I get really annoyed with some of the people in the class. It's really cliquey and sometimes people will hold bags for their friends if they are running late. There is a limited amount of space and bags so it's super frustrating when there are empty bags and multiple people are forced to share one. 

Okay  - that's my rant for the morning 
  • kvrunskvruns member

Totally. I have the same instructor every class, thank goodness. 

Although, I get really annoyed with some of the people in the class. It's really cliquey and sometimes people will hold bags for their friends if they are running late. There is a limited amount of space and bags so it's super frustrating when there are empty bags and multiple people are forced to share one. 

Okay  - that's my rant for the morning 
    When I took group fitness classes the instructor would make such a difference in if I enjoyed it or if I stopped going. I've loved my instructors except at the gym I'm at now and even if I had the time to go to classes I wouldn't because the instructor is terrible (though people seem to love her - I think she's great as a person but a crappy instructor).

I also hated when people would set stuff up for their friends and then the friends don't come or are late and it is in the way 
  • My boss gave me the firm's Phillies tickets for tonight.  So we are going to that!  It's going to be hot as balls out, but atleast we will have the A/C luxury area that comes with the tickets!

Tomorrow we will be going to H's friend's house.  We just need to bring beer, they will do the food.  They have a pool, which will be nice.  We will see how DD does, she goes between loving life in her floaty to only wanting to be held.

No fireworks for us, they don't start until after 9 here, so that is way too late for DD.

• We don't have anything special planned for the 4th.  But I am taking vacation days on Thurs. and Fri.!!!  As long as my boss doesn't squawk (eek).  I just sent the e-mail request.  Not to jinx myself, but my work usually doesn't have any problems with vacation days.

We'll probably BBQ at least once or twice over the long weekend.  I'm also determined to (hopefully) find and buy a used truck.

After work, we are going to drive past (with a friend) a duplex we are considering purchasing.  And then, since it's near Costco, we're all stopping there for some groceries.  SO thankful to our friend for the ride!  Groceries are a really challenging errand when you don't have a car available, lol.

The meeting my H had with the other real estate investor seemed to go well!  The investor said he is talking to a few people and, anyone he is interested in, he is going to invite on a "work day" at the apartment complex he owns to see their skills.  He does pay for that and each person will have an individual day/time scheduled.  He already invited my H and they have a work day scheduled (though I forget what day). 

This particular position is p/t and basic stuff.  But it sounds like there is actually a lot of deferred maintenance that my H has the ability to do and make substantially more money.  One advantage I'm guessing my H has over other candidates is we are real estate investors also.  My H does everything this guy wants for our own properties, plus he fully understands the mindset.  My H said they spent some of their meeting just trading "tips and tricks" and talking about the NOLA real estate market, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No plans for tomorrow. Sleeping in. Maybe going to my sisters to hang in the pool. 

Everyday at work I feel like are 10 more things I need to know but don’t know and should know soon. I haven’t felt this way since first semester methods classes in grad school. Wish me luck I get it soon. 
  • K doesn't have any time off, so I'm thinking about going to a friend's pool and getting my thank you notes for Pride started.  Other than that, nothing special.
  • No plans for tomorrow. Sleeping in. Maybe going to my sisters to hang in the pool. 

Everyday at work I feel like are 10 more things I need to know but don’t know and should know soon. I haven’t felt this way since first semester methods classes in grad school. Wish me luck I get it soon. 
    I remember how overwhelming starting a new job is.  I was thinking "man, I'll never learn this!"
    And you know what? Still don't know everything, but I eventually got "comfortable" in my position.  I think that's where you are.  Just not comfortable yet.  It'll take time!

• With a tasting in 10 minutes, I get to have Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Wild Mushroom Bruschetta, a Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooter, Faygo Rock n Rye Short Ribs and Salmon with a Lemon-Dill Sauce for lunch.

Yay job!

((Raising my fist at you)) in jealousy, lol.

I love tastings.  That all sounds yummy.  Enjoy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nothing special planned for tomorrow. I need to clean house since I have been gone more the last three weeks than I have been home! The house is in desperate need of good cleaning! H will grill steak and veggies but that is about it. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten the person I’m worried about the most is my grandpa. He’s always liked to say things to stir the pot and get a rise out of people, but lately the things he says cross a lot of lines. The only reason I haven’t either lost it or cut him off is because I’m (along with my mom and aunt) really concerned it’s the beginning stages of dementia. He’s not the same man I grew up with. So I might have FBIL warn his grandparents but otherwise I think it will be okay. 

• levioosa said:
    @kimmiinthemitten the person I’m worried about the most is my grandpa. He’s always liked to say things to stir the pot and get a rise out of people, but lately the things he says cross a lot of lines. The only reason I haven’t either lost it or cut him off is because I’m (along with my mom and aunt) really concerned it’s the beginning stages of dementia. He’s not the same man I grew up with. So I might have FBIL warn his grandparents but otherwise I think it will be okay. 
    I'm sorry to hear that - we experienced the same with my grandma except she never stirred the pot.  My brother is black/white and when she started using derogatory phrases about him out of nowhere it raised some major red flags.

I hope you all have fun tomorrow!
  • With a tasting in 10 minutes, I get to have Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon, Wild Mushroom Bruschetta, a Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooter, Faygo Rock n Rye Short Ribs and Salmon with a Lemon-Dill Sauce for lunch.

Yay job!

((Raising my fist at you)) in jealousy, lol.

I love tastings.  That all sounds yummy.  Enjoy!

Let's just say it didn't suck. :)

I remember how overwhelming starting a new job is.  I was thinking "man, I'll never learn this!"
    And you know what? Still don't know everything, but I eventually got "comfortable" in my position.  I think that's where you are.  Just not comfortable yet.  It'll take time!
    I’m not very patient when it comes to not getting it. This is going to sound worse than I mean it, but I’m used to learning things easily (and hey I like “school”) & after specializing in something for roughly a decade and starting something new is a big, big change. I need to give myself more time to learn, and that’s a little hard for. 

Thanks for the reminder that this is normal, and that it will take some time!