Wedding Woes
Options

That's a lot to read into a shrug.

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2018 in Wedding Woes
Dear Prudence,
I recently joked that I was sadder about Natalie Dormer leaving Game of Thrones than about Anne Boleyn being beheaded (because Dormer also played that character on a different show). My co-worker Lucy, who’s generally OK but has a serious streak, said that Anne Boleyn’s beheading was more sad to her because she was “essentially murdered by her husband for not producing a son.” I wanted to lighten the mood and joked, “Thank goodness that doesn’t happen anymore.” Lucy shrugged and left the room, and it later occurred to me that she might have taken me seriously. I know I was being dense, but Lucy is a supervisor (albeit not mine) and I’m worried about this getting back to my boss (who can also be a serious woman). What should I do to smooth this over?
—Bad Joker

Re: That's a lot to read into a shrug.

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2018
    OK - I posted when this was just saying test - I took down Beavis and Butthead

When you're at the coffee pot next just say, "Hey, I hope you know I was talking about a TV show and not the actual past." 
  • Options
    banana468 said:

I kept getting this weird approval thing regarding posting this letter.  That's why I posted the 'test' and then edited it.  I was hoping to be fast enough to not confuse anyone.  ;)  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:

I kept getting this weird approval thing regarding posting this letter.  That's why I posted the 'test' and then edited it.  I was hoping to be fast enough to not confuse anyone.  ;)  
    And then as soon as I posted I saw Prudie up and thought everyone will think I was drinking if they see Testes Testes 1, 2 3? 
  • Options
    Natalie Dormer is in GOT?  I guess  I really do gotta start watching that.

• Options
    [shrugs] 

I don't think any of this warrants a Prudie letter.