Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!!

How was the weekend?  The kids spent the weekend with the ILs and by all accounts everyone had a great time.  I spent Saturday am pulling things together for vacation.  Then we went to Ocean's 8 (meh) and the Sleep Number store.  HOLY SHIT those are expensive.

Sunday DH went to watch the world cup and I ran.  The ILs stayed for dinner and sort of ate most of my "weird" food.  sFIL loved the beets, but MIL wouldn't even try a tiny bite.  sFIL wouldn't eat the pork because it was grilled. 

Soccer schedules are starting to roll in and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.  There's one weekend we have two kids in tournaments.  That means AT LEAST 8 games over 2 days for the 3 of them. 

Oh and M2, at the age of 7, is sort of getting recruited.  She plays for a different club than 6let.  6let's club has been doing drop in foot skills sessions this summer.  M2 went to one last week.  The coaches were asking who she played for and if she had someone with their club.  Now they've sent us emails asking how we can get her to play for 6let's club- waive her fees and move practices to Sunday instead of Monday. 

Re: Monday!!

• Options
    6fsn said:

How was the weekend?  The kids spent the weekend with the ILs and by all accounts everyone had a great time.  I spent Saturday am pulling things together for vacation.  Then we went to Ocean's 8 (meh) and the Sleep Number store.  HOLY SHIT those are expensive.

Sunday DH went to watch the world cup and I ran.  The ILs stayed for dinner and sort of ate most of my "weird" food.  sFIL loved the beets, but MIL wouldn't even try a tiny bite.  sFIL wouldn't eat the pork because it was grilled. 

Soccer schedules are starting to roll in and I'm getting a bit overwhelmed.  There's one weekend we have two kids in tournaments.  That means AT LEAST 8 games over 2 days for the 3 of them. 

Oh and M2, at the age of 7, is sort of getting recruited.  She plays for a different club than 6let.  6let's club has been doing drop in foot skills sessions this summer.  M2 went to one last week.  The coaches were asking who she played for and if she had someone with their club.  Now they've sent us emails asking how we can get her to play for 6let's club- waive her fees and move practices to Sunday instead of Monday. 

I loved my Sleep Number But would never buy one again. It sprung a leak while it was still under “warrantee” But the warranty covered only a percentage of the cost of the replacement parts and the replacement parts were priced extortionately. 
  • Options
    That is some competitive kids soccer @6fsn, your kids must be really good! 

Im at work but can’t connect to my computer. My manager his out and our group manager is out. I called the “help” desk and they don’t know what’s wrong so I’m just sort of waiting it out. 

Weekend was good. H for me my birthday present early; season tickets to our theatre, where Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen are coming this year! So excited. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875. Dear Evan Hansen is so good!!!
  • Options
    @charlotte989875. Dear Evan Hansen is so good!!!
    I can’t wait! That one is until next spring, but I’m so jazzed. 

The other shows are also great for this season; Miss Saigon, Fiddler on the Roof, Aladdin, Charlie & the Chocolate factory. 
  • Options
    We've had a sleep number for years (maybe 8 or 9?) and we love it. We got one of the cheap models though. So far, so good! 

I can't believe that beets and grilled pork are "weird"!

I had a good weekend. Ran like 1,000 errands Saturday morning, cooked the entire afternoon, went out Saturday night and had a great time. Sunday I got up before H and made him eggs Benedict since he LOVES it and I had extra egg yolks. Then we just laid around and did nothing until like 3:30 when we had a party at my uncle's. That was fun too. 

I've got to get my nails done tonight and then I'll grab some fish for dinner. 

H's birthday is Wednesday and our anniversary is Friday. I feel bad that I haven't done or bought anything for either but our new AC unit last month wiped away any extra money we might have had. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Friday, I got left alone.  DH, his friend, and DefConn went to visit with some friends. The kiddo was at work.  I watched Netflix and ordered in food and alcohol. ;) 

Saturday, shopping and then not much else except more Netflix (been watching Sugar Rush...it's OK.  I like Nailed It better.) 

Sunday, we went to buy DefConn a practice jersey and pants for football.  Bought our paper products from Costco.  When we got home, we changed into swimsuits and put out the slip 'n slide for DefConn and had a water balloon fight.  After dinner I made homemade cookies and turned some of them into ice cream sandwiches. 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Idiot coworker who I can't stand is setting up her standing desk and I'm going to lose it.

She's asking me questions and coming over to look at mine every minute. "Are you using the little standy feet on your keyboard? Did you put your cords through the little hole? Do you put papers on the top? How high up is yours? Where is your mouse?" It's going to be in your ass in a minute! 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

@GBCK I hope your puppy visit goes well! How exciting! And not exciting but I hope your head gets better! I can't imagine a migraine for that long!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    The weekend was great. The game was fun and the fireworks were beautiful.

Saturday H and I attended a coed baby shower. I usually hate them, but the guest of honor hated the idea of a shower (her co-workers forced it anyway) so it was actually a pool party at a colleagues house. We grilled, swam, and drank and there were no games -- thank goodness. 

Sunday was gross and rainy, so H and I watching LMN made a handful of appetizers I have been wanting to try. Perfect lazy day. 
  • Options
    We met K's parent's for dinner on Friday.  Great new restaurant.  I had a spicy curry and it helped clean out this summer cold I have.  Saturday was just messing around town.  I have a new costume idea for K and we were buying stuff for that.  We finally watched Black Panther and loved it.  Sunday was a volunteer event to help out a member of our community.  Her daughter was injured, and ultimately passed away, from a tragic fire.  We raised a bit less that $2K for the family.
  • Options
    I have never heard of Dear Evan Hansen @charlotte989875 and @starmoon44....but I'm curious now.  Aladdin is GREAT! Charlie & the chocolate factory could also be on my list....

@6fsn, you have some wicked good soccer kids on your hands!

My weekend was great.  We did a haunted pub crawl in Fells Point, MD and it was excellent.  A group of 12.  Well, 14 but 2 left 1/2 way into it, and in the group of 12 it was 8 who knew each other, 2 who didn't and us.  The tour guide was so good.  I'm giving her a good TripAdvisor rating. By the end of the night we were all getting along, buying each other shots and having a BLAST.  It was an early night for us though, and I was kinda sorta drunk by 11 and took a lyft back to the hotel and drunk ordered a pizza.  oops.  Pro tip:  Eat before you go on a pub crawl.

The next morning, I was getting up and ready, and I thought I heard a little girl cry! Now, I may have *thought* I heard that because this hotel says it has a little girl ghost people see from time to time, but it's usually on the 19th floor..... but of course I wanted some paranormal "sightings"! I walked closer to the connecting door and found out what i thought was a girl crying was just a woman moaning.
    3 X. 

• Options

I had a great, busy weekend!

We bought the used truck on Friday, so I have wheels again.  There is a Firestone walking distance to my work, so I need to take it in on Tues. or Wed. and get the wheels balanced, front end alignment, and an oil change.  I also caught up on my banking.

Sat., I met my friend visiting from OOT.  It was so much fun.  Lots of catching up.  Bar hopping from 2PM-9PM.  It might have been an early night, but we started early, lol.  Also got some yummy food from the last place we were at.

Sun., my H and I went to one of our favorite brunch places.  I got the Lobster and Brie omelet, which was divine, as always.  Though it was actually a mystery shop, so today I need to fit in writing my report amongst all my normal job work, lol.

Tonight, we have tentative plans to meet one of my tenants for dinner.  He's become a friend and we always enjoy hanging out with him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Soccer is our world apparently.  My boys play every day basically.  They'll set up the goals themselves, set up to play soccer tennis, or just kick it around.  I always have 3 balls in my trunk.  If there's a soccer goal near a playground the boys will usually skip it to shoot on the goal. 

M2 has the most natural talent- left footed, strong, lots of endurance, sees plays developing.  She's more happy on the monkey bars or gymnastics though.  She loves to play, but will usually be on her scooter while the boys have the nets up. We mainly just want to keep her interested and competitive if she ever wants to focus on it.

• Options
    PSA - Old Navy is having a jeans sale. They say $10 but i think that's only on the super skinny mid-rise, but those are my favorite ones!!
  • Options
    We had a very low key weekend at home.  Our cable modem started going out Saturday night and was completely not working by Sunday morning.  DH dropped by the cable office this morning to swap it out.  Hopefully I can get it connected tonight and we'll be up and running.  If not, we have a tech visit scheduled for tomorrow night.

I sent an email this morning expressing my interest in the job I'm being recruited for and am waiting to hear about an interview.  

We are heading out of town on Friday so I need to make sure laundry is caught up this week.  Also need a host/hostess gift.  I do have a small Penzey's gift box, so might go with that.
  • Options
    PSA - Old Navy is having a jeans sale. They say $10 but i think that's only on the super skinny mid-rise, but those are my favorite ones!!

Ah ha!  Trying to complete with Amazon Prime Day ;).

On a different subject.  I forgot to mention, crazy stuff at the Audubon Zoo in NOLA on Saturday.  One of the jaguars escaped!  The investigation just started, but it look like the roof was faulty and he got out that way.

Fortunately, it happened before the zoo opened.  But he killed 4 alpacas and injured the 5th one.  Also killed two foxes and one emu.  He never left the zoo and they were able to recapture him within 45 minutes of discovering he was missing.  Him and the other jaguar at the zoo are being kept in their night enclosure, until they can figure out exactly what happened and better secure the main one.

The zoo emphasized that, although a very unfortunate incident, there was nothing unusual in his behavior.  He was a jaguar being a jaguar.  They aren't sure yet what they are going to do with him.  But stated he will absolutely not be euthanized.  It was never a consideration.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ah ha!  Trying to complete with Amazon Prime Day ;).

On a different subject.  I forgot to mention, crazy stuff at the Audubon Zoo in NOLA on Saturday.  One of the jaguars escaped!  The investigation just started, but it look like the roof was faulty and he got out that way.

Fortunately, it happened before the zoo opened.  But he killed 4 alpacas and injured the 5th one.  Also killed two foxes and one emu.  He never left the zoo and they were able to recapture him within 45 minutes of discovering he was missing.  Him and the other jaguar at the zoo are being kept in their night enclosure, until they can figure out exactly what happened and better secure the main one.

The zoo emphasized that, although a very unfortunate incident, there was nothing unusual in his behavior.  He was a jaguar being a jaguar.  They aren't sure yet what they are going to do with him.  But stated he will absolutely not be euthanized.  It was never a consideration.

I heard about that and thought of you! Holy crap!! 

I'm glad they're not going to euthanize him. He's a wild freaking animal and a predator and like you said, just doing what he's programmed to do. Poor guy. 
  • Options
    @shesocold - thank you!! I love that fit as well. I just purchased 4 new pairs!

Free shipping - no minimum!
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I was just about to order a pair of shorts for H before I saw your post and I've been wanting white skinny jeans. Can't beat $10!
  • Options
    ON jeans....never wore them before but I love that they carry talls and would like to try them.  I have rather large calves though, how "super skinny" is super skinny? 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ON jeans....never wore them before but I love that they carry talls and would like to try them.  I have rather large calves though, how "super skinny" is super skinny? 
    I have big calves and can’t wear the skinnies
  • Options
    my problem with jeans are large calves and NO BUTT.  Like, whatsoever. It's gone.  bye bye.  I try to do exercises to give it a lift but they don't work.  And those padded corsets that give you fake butts are soooo uncomfortable.  So like, curvy jeans are to curvy for me and skinnies wont fit my legs.  When I reach goal I may get custom made because I don't think my butt will ever get to where it needs to be.

• Options
    I have liked the ON jeans but do think that they're thin.   That's great when I want a summer pair but I prefer something slightly thicker and often go w/ JCrew Factory for other seasons.

Weekend was fine.   Saturday night we met MIL at the pool and had a swim and dinner.   Chiquito's been pushing a mood recently and has been poorly behaved but we had a good time.   I think it's just the age that's making him a punk.   We've had a LOT of time outs. 

MIL is in one of her moods so I'm doing what I can to not push buttons.   When she gets like this there's no reasoning with her so I just try to steer clear and give her cookies.   

Chiquita now rides a TWO WHEELER!  We are so excited that the training wheels are OFF and now she's able to balance.   What a big step!

On my note, after having NO symptoms over the weekend and dipping two different tests in my FMU it looks like AF is finally on the way and I can drink a celebratory cocktail! 
  • Options
    Well, I’m definitely not 21 anymore. This weekend was a lot of fun but I am exhausted. Friday we went beer tasting and I was pleasantly surprised with the breweries we went to. I’m not usually a beer person but it looks like my taste is expanding. On Saturday we went to the pool party at the Hard Rock. It was a ton of fun but the pool there is laughably small so we didn’t end up using it. We came home and took a nap and then headed out to the Gaslamp district for a night out. We stayed until the bars closed, which...I can’t remember the last time I did that. FSIL and her friend rode the mechanical bull at one of the bars and we were able to get a table for free. The older I get the more valuable chairs are when we’re out drinking. Ha. 

The only things I would have changed about the weekend were the Airbnb (I just really prefer hotels), and a nice dinner (there wasn’t any time for it). It was also pretty obvious that the Airbnb host came in and turned off the fans and the air conditioning in the house. So when we came back from the pool party it was 87 degrees inside the house, and because it had gotten so hot inside, we were never able to cool it past 81 the rest of the weekend. I’m sorry, but if you’re making $1000 for a two night stay at your house I should be able to keep the house at 73-75 degrees, and leaving the AC running for four hours while we are gone should not be an issue. 

Clinic today and then a really busy week of homework, school, real work. This week might kill me between the depleted sleep schedule, my quiz, project, and three days in a row of hospital. 

• Options
    6fsn said:
    I have big calves and can’t wear the skinnies

Even when I was a skinny-minny size 3, during my misspent days of youth.  I could never wear all those cute boots, because my calves and ankles were way too enormous to fit them. 

It's the harsh, cruel world of fashion where, if your proportions are different from average, there can be so many clothing items/styles that just don't fit right!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Well, I’m definitely not 21 anymore. This weekend was a lot of fun but I am exhausted. Friday we went beer tasting and I was pleasantly surprised with the breweries we went to. I’m not usually a beer person but it looks like my taste is expanding. On Saturday we went to the pool party at the Hard Rock. It was a ton of fun but the pool there is laughably small so we didn’t end up using it. We came home and took a nap and then headed out to the Gaslamp district for a night out. We stayed until the bars closed, which...I can’t remember the last time I did that. FSIL and her friend rode the mechanical bull at one of the bars and we were able to get a table for free. The older I get the more valuable chairs are when we’re out drinking. Ha. 

The only things I would have changed about the weekend were the Airbnb (I just really prefer hotels), and a nice dinner (there wasn’t any time for it). It was also pretty obvious that the Airbnb host came in and turned off the fans and the air conditioning in the house. So when we came back from the pool party it was 87 degrees inside the house, and because it had gotten so hot inside, we were never able to cool it past 81 the rest of the weekend. I’m sorry, but if you’re making $1000 for a two night stay at your house I should be able to keep the house at 73-75 degrees, and leaving the AC running for four hours while we are gone should not be an issue. 

Clinic today and then a really busy week of homework, school, real work. This week might kill me between the depleted sleep schedule, my quiz, project, and three days in a row of hospital. 
    yeah, that is SO crazy.  They were definitely making their money from you! They could afford to run that a/c all day.  That would have pissed me off! I'm like you, and I like b&b's and hotels.  Basically because of the hotels com reward program I have, but I never stayed at an air b&b either so who knows? 

• Options
    I spent all last week at children's camp for my church. I always love going, but am really feeling my old age this year. I averaged 4 hours of sleep per night and I'm just getting to old to substain that. We had fun though, so now I will just try and play catch up on the sleep.
    Bad note though, we had a kid fall and break his arm. He was a foster kid that seems to have it pretty rough so I hate that had to happen to him too.
  • Options
    levioosa said:

I'm glad you had a good time, overall!  I love San Diego.

That's really irksome with your AirBnB host and I'm a bit shocked.  Unless it was an emergency or you all had asked for something that required their entrance, that is YOUR space for the time it is rented and they have no business entering.  I would have been livid, especially since their actions lessened my enjoyment of the stay. 

Same with a hotel.  If the "Do Not Disturb" sign is on the door, then I don't expect or want anyone on staff entering my room.

Plus, unless they live walking distance away, they just spent more on gas than they did for the less than $1 of energy they saved, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    levioosa said:

I'm glad you had a good time, overall!  I love San Diego.

That's really irksome with your AirBnB host and I'm a bit shocked.  Unless it was an emergency or you all had asked for something that required their entrance, that is YOUR space for the time it is rented and they have no business entering.  I would have been livid, especially since their actions lessened my enjoyment of the stay. 

Same with a hotel.  If the "Do Not Disturb" sign is on the door, then I don't expect or want anyone on staff entering my room.

Plus, unless they live walking distance away, they just spent more on gas than they did for the less than $1 of energy they saved, smh.

@levioosa can you bait the Air bnb host and say that you think there was a glitch somewhere as the temperature control of the unit was an issue after X time and the location could not be regulated below X?  

If you couldn't get it below 81 degrees the entire time it makes me wonder if they capped the thermostat.  I'd at least bring it up to see what they say in response so you can leave a review. 

And now trying to type this for the third time (shaking my fist at TK).

Interesting!  It did strike me as odd that the house couldn't get cooler than 81 degrees.  I thought maybe there was something wrong with their system.  You can cap thermostats, but capping it at 80 would be crazy.

As an aside, a/c's aren't meant to get a house cooler than about 20 degrees lower than the outside temp.  However, I don't remember it usually getting much higher than the mid 90's in SD. Especially at night.

Wedding Countdown Ticker