Budget Weddings Forum

Flower Budget/Cost

Hi there ladies!

I'm looking for what a reasonable flower budget is in New England (getting married in Central Mass next September) - I realize of course that region plays a huge part in the budget.

I will need the following:

- 1 bridal bouquet
- 6 bridesmaids bouquets
- 7 boutonnieres (5 GM, 2 fathers. no living grandfathers)
- 3 corsages (2 moms, 1 living grandmother)
If the budget allows, some small and simple mason jar centerpieces (the venue is a beautiful barn, it doesn't need much and I don't have the budget for large extravagant centerpieces). 

The colors are burgundy, blush, creams, and a LOT of greenery.

I am not at all picky about flower type except that I would like some silver dollar eucalyptus.  I also love roses.  Whatever is in season in my colors that looks nice together I'm happy with.

I received a quote from the venue's main florist (he does NOT have a shop so I think the lack of that type of overhead allows for good prices) for all of the above, a couple of ceremony pieces that would later be used in the reception barn (I was originally going to get a couple large burgundy mums), and some pops of color (so a few small arrangements across the tables - they are very long farmhouse tables) for $800.  I believe that this is a good deal but want to check in and see if there's places in central mass to look at, and what a good price is for flowers.

Thank you!

Re: Flower Budget/Cost

• I think you're going to want to look at your local board for recs.   Even look at Facebook.

For what its worth, if you're not looking for a ton I've heard good recommendations about going through Costco or Stop and Shop.  
  • $800 for all of that sounds extremely reasonable. I'm not from that area, but I was quoted way above that for a major city for about half the amount that you are getting.

I noticed that you don't have a bout listed for your groom. Is this purposeful or an oversight?

• ernursej said:

$800 for all of that sounds extremely reasonable. I'm not from that area, but I was quoted way above that for a major city for about half the amount that you are getting.

I noticed that you don't have a bout listed for your groom. Is this purposeful or an oversight?

Omg THANK YOU - it was a complete oversight. I'll let the florist know. 

And thank you for the estimate...central mass (at least the area the venue is in) is very rural (not counting springfield of course).  Because of that, we are able to save on some of the costs and avoid "Boston" prices - though it's still pricey!  
  • Now, I'm coming at this from the New York Metro area, but I think $800 is a FANTASTIC deal for flowers. Your color palette sounds beautiful.

• I'm a little late - but really, go to the florist with the budget you're comfortable spending "I want to spend $800-1000 (topped out max whether that's 800 or 600), here is the list of what I need, what can I get for the money with my colors of burgundy, blush, creams, and a LOT of greenery/fillers"...  And use that as a starting point when you meet with florists, not "this is what I need how much is it going to cost?" because give any vendor an unlimited amount, you're going to go over your budget without even blinking because they aren't fortune tellers to know how much you want to spend..
  • Greenery helps a lot. I think the price could be down to 500$
  • Greenery helps a lot. I think the price could be down to 500$
    Welcome to the boards - just a head's up before posting - please check the date of the original post to make sure that it's current.  The original poster is likely long gone and already married...  This is a "Ghost thread" at this point as it is from 2018...  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards