Wedding Woes

Thursday

My. Kids. Need. To. Go. Back. To School. 

That said, I was off yesterday and it was all right.  I got some stuff done around the house and took DefConn to the movies.  

Other than that, SSDD.  Almost the weekend and it's PRUDIE day!

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY @6fsn.  I hope you're enjoying the beach and a cocktail...mimosas are appropriate at 10am on your bday (or any day... ;)

Re: Thursday

• I can't believe we are almost in August. Only 97 days until Halloween  :#
  • Happy birthday, 6!! I hope you have a great day!!!

But, really, more importantly, it's Mick Jagger's birthday. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I feel like there's a part of me that looks forward to Mondays because then my house is quiet and the kids aren't screaming at each other.  

I'm listening to the Dax Shepard podcast w/ Mila Kunis and OMG his embarrassing story is NSFW but hysterical. 

Currently psyched to go out with friends tomorrow night.   Saturday we have the post-wedding reception for DH's cousin which I'm looking forward to but crossing my fingers that MIL doesn't bring the drama.    The last few months with the move and a surgery for her have been stressful and stressful for her often means anxiety issues and anxiety issues often involve dramatic possibly paranoid conclusions.   I love her but when she's negative I need to keep my distance. 

I just found my double sided tape in my top drawer.  Now I can wear my new cami tomorrow and not worry about my bra sticking out.   It's the little things in life...
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    Happy birthday, 6, if you're reading this!
    I can't wait for school to start so the movie theaters aren't so packed at night. lol.

I followed a beauty blog and found a webpage for cosmetics and skincare.  I wanted to make an order for $50 to get the free shipping so threw in some mineral foundation. Thank goodness just a small $2 sample. I got the second lightest thinking "fair" may have been to light for me. 
    In the bathroom this morning, all looked fine with it but 1/2 way to work I looked into the rear view mirror and YIKES. My bathroom must have soft lighting because I looked oranger than Trump walking out of his 6th spray tan for the day! I couldn't WAIT to get into the office to rub it all off. I took it off and now I'm natural rosacea red. Better than cheeto orange though.

I have a work vent, but I don't want to get into detail in case I have a lurker on my hands.  Long story short, one of my coworkers stuck his nose in my work load and took over a job meant for me while I got up to take a call (personal call but still).  It irked me SO much last night I didn't even want to cook (but then ended up going out and eating shitty food and should have just cooked) and again, when I woke up, still irking me. It happens a lot here and my major major gripe about this office.  Everyone is all up in everyone's business. Everyone wants to be the hero of the office.
    edit: words

• Yesterday was a nice day!  DD slept in until 8 AM for us!  Then we got up and had some breakfast and lounged around.  DD took a nap for us prior to the Phillies game, so that was a big plus!  We got to the Phillies game and missed the opening announcements, but I already knew that Chase Utley was playing!  I had H and DD go through the no bag entry lane as it was crazy trying to get through security.  It took me probably 30 minutes.

The game was good and the Phillies won!  They had some fun montages of Chase throughout the game.  After the game was done, Chase came out and tipped his hat to all of the Phillies fans cheering for him. 

Traffic going home wasn't so bad either.  Sometimes the game lets out right at rush hour when everyone is trying to get over the bridge back to NJ and you literally crawl from your parking spot to the other end of the bridge (and even the continuing highway if you go that way!). 

DD took a nap when we got home.  I ended up going to work for evening yoga.  One my way home H had called to say he got called into work when his business admin had his computer infected with a virus.  H had to take DD with him.  She did ok for him.  I ended up getting home before they did and had dinner ready for when they got home around 7:15.  We let DD walk around a play a bit more.  Then it was bath time for her and bedtime.  Then it was ice cream for us and showers before our bedtime!

• I figured something out at work today without asking someone for help. It’s the small victories. 

We still don't have final details for the house and we’re supposed to close Tuesday. We need to do a walk through, we need final details and nothing. I’m not actually convinced we’re ever going to buy this house. I mean I have no actual reason to think the sale won’t go through but it’s bananas how we have no information about closing.  
  • @mrsconn23, a commercial for one of the big box office stores always makes me laugh.  It usually airs in Aug./Sept.  It starts with a grown man pushing a cart in the store.  His face and mannerisms are insanely happy, pure joy.  While the Christmas song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is playing.  It's confusing the first time you see the commercial.  Because it's not Christmas time.  And then as the scene continues to play out, you see two very downcast children walking slowly behind him.  As there are words/commercial announcer talking about Back to School. 

@CharmedPam, I'm sorry you had a bad experience at work yesterday!  I especially hate when something from work gnaws on me after I get home.

Excitement in the @short+sassy household yesterday, lol.  I get automatic e-mails from GlassDoor about job categories I've set up alerts for.  No, the excitement has nothing to do with a job.  An alert came up that Goldberg's Bagel Company and Deli was looking for a manager.

As much of a foodie town as NOLA is, we are almost entirely bereft of a good NYC style deli.  There is one, but it is small and cramped.  It sells bagels, has good breakfast entrees, but is mainly a sandwich place.  And only sells sandwiches.  Great sandwiches!  But no other NYC deli delights.  We have no bagel stores.  Nobody else, deli or bakery, claims any specialty to bagels.

So when I saw that alert come up, I quickly ran to Google.  Praying, praying, praying that there was actually another NYC-style deli coming (or already come) to the city.  And half expecting it was a typo and meant for another city, lol.

It is true!  It opened a couple months ago.  They have a HUGE menu, right out of what I saw in NYC.  With a few Cajun twists.  Like Bagel Beignets.  And the first meal I'm planning to get there...New York Poboy.  Corned beef, pastrami, salami, and turkey on French bread.  Oh yeah.  With a side of Potato Latkes.  Aannndddd Reuben Eggrolls.  Because they just sound fascinating, lol. 

Unfortunately, it is located inside one of the office buildings in the Downtown so there is no parking.  I guess that's authentic NYC also, lmao.  My H and I are planning to go either Fri. or Sat. to try it out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy While I do not reside in NYC, there is a restaurant in my town that makes reuben eggrolls that are fantastic. Everything you love about a reuben wrapped up in a crispy fried package. 
  • @short+sassy While I do not reside in NYC, there is a restaurant in my town that makes reuben eggrolls that are fantastic. Everything you love about a reuben wrapped up in a crispy fried package. 
    Thanks, that's good to hear!  That's exactly what I'm hoping for, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you see what you guys are doing to me? I wasn’t even knotting on my phone! 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Do you see what you guys are doing to me? I wasn’t even knotting on my phone! 
    the internet knows WAY to much.
    Still, I'm not going to stop internetting. 

• Hi Thursday, it's my Friday actually woohoo!  Two coworkers took a long weekend and went to Chicago, so I get a long weekend this time.

My 20th HS reunion is tomorrow but we have a wedding Saturday so we aren't doing both.  We live like 45 minutes away from where I grew up, so if we did both, he'd only get like 4 hours of campaign time Friday night/Saturday day and it's the weekend before the primary so that's not going to work.

Speaking of the wedding - there's a gap.  Le sigh.  I think we are choosing to miss the ceremony as a result.  The time between the ceremony start and reception start is 4 hours.  And again, that's valuable campaign time.

Also on the campaign front, hubs shot a commercial Monday/Tuesday.  It's cool but also weird.  Last weekend, I think 4 people pointed out that I was also on the literature I was passing out.  It's one thing to get stranger faces on campaign mail, it's another to be the stranger face and still be a regs person who has a dirty house and backed up laundry and yet still on a mailer.

The best door knocking story yet came from last weekend though.  I was wearing a t-shirt that said "let's taco about it," a little boy came to the window to see who was knocking and yelled back - "it's a white lady in a taco shirt."  She's going to vote for H!

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to tackle some of that house work.  I also need to figure out plans for my BFF's birthday.  I ruin it every year so I want to be good this time.  I'm hoping for a peddle pub!
  • Going out with a friend tonight.

Unfortunately, I will have to set some boundaries with her. She has a track record of being flaky about the time we're supposed to meet when we make plans. She keeps asking me if we can move the time back or up for assorted reasons and there are some other issues as well. Not looking forward to putting my foot down, but she's driving me crazy.

• MobKazMobKaz member
    I can't believe we are almost in August. Only 97 days until Halloween  :#
    I'm one that could go from spring to fall.  I loathe hot weather.  Having said that, however, the thought of fall being so close around the corner depresses me.  I HATE turning the clocks.  I can literally go all day and into the night as long as the sun is shining.  Someone calls at 7:00 PM and asks to go out, and I'm on it without hesitating.  I'll start a project at 6:00 PM feeling as if I still have several good hours in me.

4:30 PM and the sun sets?  I turn into a pumpkin.  Productivity, ambition, and energy are afterthoughts :-(
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited July 2018
    MobKaz said:
    I'm one that could go from spring to fall.  I loathe hot weather.  Having said that, however, the thought of fall being so close around the corner depresses me.  I HATE turning the clocks.  I can literally go all day and into the night as long as the sun is shining.  Someone calls at 7:00 PM and asks to go out, and I'm on it without hesitating.  I'll start a project at 6:00 PM feeling as if I still have several good hours in me.

4:30 PM and the sun sets?  I turn into a pumpkin.  Productivity, ambition, and energy are afterthoughts :-(

Agree on all of this!

But the Fall doesn't feel close to me at all.  It's been two months of miserably high heat.  And it is even worse in August. 

Plus, although hurricane season is technically June 1st-Nov. 1st., something like 80-90% of named storms happen Aug.-mid Sept.  So, until my H and I stop feeling the need to occasionally make a "I hope we don't have to evacuate this year" comment, it is still very much summer to me, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Thursday, it's my Friday actually woohoo!  Two coworkers took a long weekend and went to Chicago, so I get a long weekend this time.

My 20th HS reunion is tomorrow but we have a wedding Saturday so we aren't doing both.  We live like 45 minutes away from where I grew up, so if we did both, he'd only get like 4 hours of campaign time Friday night/Saturday day and it's the weekend before the primary so that's not going to work.

Speaking of the wedding - there's a gap.  Le sigh.  I think we are choosing to miss the ceremony as a result.  The time between the ceremony start and reception start is 4 hours.  And again, that's valuable campaign time.

Also on the campaign front, hubs shot a commercial Monday/Tuesday.  It's cool but also weird.  Last weekend, I think 4 people pointed out that I was also on the literature I was passing out.  It's one thing to get stranger faces on campaign mail, it's another to be the stranger face and still be a regs person who has a dirty house and backed up laundry and yet still on a mailer.

The best door knocking story yet came from last weekend though.  I was wearing a t-shirt that said "let's taco about it," a little boy came to the window to see who was knocking and yelled back - "it's a white lady in a taco shirt."  She's going to vote for H!

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to tackle some of that house work.  I also need to figure out plans for my BFF's birthday.  I ruin it every year so I want to be good this time.  I'm hoping for a peddle pub!
    That is hilarious! Does he have a primary challenger? Any poll #s yet?

That is hilarious! Does he have a primary challenger? Any poll #s yet?
    I’m still laughing about it!  His primary challenger had to drop out (but he has a 2 week baby sinus a win win!). No official polling on our side until the primary results, but there’s a rumor his incumbent opponent has dropped 9 pts in favorability!
  • MobKaz said:

You said it better than I could have.  This is me exactly!