Wedding Woes

Monday Knot Football 2.0??

Re: Monday Knot Football 2.0??

• eileenrob said:
    @MRDCle and @ShesSoCold I LOVE the profile pics!

@NBSquared2017 aren’t you a football fan? Any interest?
    LOL that's the gist of my football life!! 
    Ladies, I’m a Bills fan. We know all about heartbreak & losing big important games. 

I'm neutral about the Bills.  But even I hope that they, someday, win a Superbowl*.  It is just wrong that they have not.

*(as long as they aren't playing the Saints)

My husband is a born and bred Bills fan, along with many of my friends (I have to root for the Giants as my dad is a die-hard Giants fan). When they made the playoffs last season, you would've thought they were going to the Superbowl with all the celebrating. If/when the day comes that they DO make it to the Superbowl, it's going to be insane. 
    Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  :D

STUCK - 

I have nothing but respect for Browns fans. Y'all keep it in perspective for me. When it's 10 below, we're like 2-10, I'm sitting there freezing my ass off and we're down 47 points and 3 interceptions deep, I just remind myself that "ya know, SSC, it could be worse. You could be a Browns fan and season ticket holder". 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    eileenrob said:

Ladies, I’m a Bills fan. We know all about heartbreak & losing big important games. 

I'm neutral about the Bills.  But even I hope that they, someday, win a Superbowl*.  It is just wrong that they have not.

My husband is a born and bred Bills fan, along with many of my friends (I have to root for the Giants as my dad is a die-hard Giants fan). When they made the playoffs last season, you would've thought they were going to the Superbowl with all the celebrating. If/when the day comes that they DO make it to the Superbowl, it's going to be insane. 
    Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  :D
    This is true. You may know the heart break of losing the big important games - but do you know the heartache of losing ALL THE GAMES :D:D  
  • eileenrob said:

STUCK - 

I have nothing but respect for Browns fans. Y'all keep it in perspective for me. When it's 10 below, we're like 2-10, I'm sitting there freezing my ass off and we're down 47 points and 3 interceptions deep, I just remind myself that "ya know, SSC, it could be worse. You could be a Browns fan and season ticket holder". 

***STUCK***

I was a season ticket holder for years! DH said I can't get tickets agian until they win at least 3 games for 2 consecutive seasons. 

How terrible is that lol 
  • eileenrob said:

STUCK - 

***STUCK***

I was a season ticket holder for years! DH said I can't get tickets agian until they win at least 3 games for 2 consecutive seasons. 

How terrible is that lol 
    My condolences. 

So....you'll never have them again? :P
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • eileenrob said:

STUCK - 

***STUCK***

How terrible is that lol 
    My condolences. 

I think that's his hope  :D
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    eileenrob said:

STUCK - 

***STUCK***

How terrible is that lol 
    My condolences. 

I think that's his hope  :D
    I think I've done one game since 2013? Tickets were $15 and I would say if it weren't for the muni lot, it would not have been worth the ticket price and the price of Ubers both ways. But hey, at least we had fun in the muni lot!
  • eileenrob said:

It was like Christmas morning+ opening day+ we all won the lottery. I’ve never seen so many people collectively cry in bar as I did that night. Glorious. 
  • Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  

I'm a season-ticket holding Lions fan.  We invented the 0-16 season.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  

OAN - my parents recently went to the wedding of a Lions player and I was SO JEALOUS. It looked amazing.
  • Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  

My husband is from Michigan and an avid Lion's fan so I feel the pain from two different conferences  :D
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am much to cold blooded to do the season ticket thing, but, I dress the kid in Lion's clothing to teach her about disappointment early in life.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    GBCK said:
    I am much to cold blooded to do the season ticket thing, but, I dress the kid in Lion's clothing to teach her about disappointment early in life.
    One of the current Brown's players has our son's first name as his last name, so we bought him a jersey last year with his name on it, but we bought it in like..adult sizing so he could wear it later in life? And then after the game we were like, watch - the Browns won't even be a team/be in Cleveland by the time he grows into this. 

It seemed like a good idea after tailgating :D   
  • Oh!  I just realized.  My sister and BIL are huge Chargers fans (they live in San Diego county).  We gab it up when we are in person, but don't talk much outside of that.  As such, I don't know where they stand on the move to L.A.

I suspect it will be a subject of heartbreak, lol.  But I'm visiting my hometown next week and it will be fun to hear their thoughts!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRDCle said:
    Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  

OAN - my parents recently went to the wedding of a Lions player and I was SO JEALOUS. It looked amazing.
    Which one and where?  We, the people, must know!
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    MRDCle said:

Which one and where?  We, the people, must know!
    YGPM!
  • Yahoo is saying we need even teams, and we have 11 - one more person - join!

If we get desperate, I know my H pouted last year because he wanted to join and I told him "No Boys Allowed", lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

If we get desperate, I know my H pouted last year because he wanted to join and I told him "No Boys Allowed", lol. 
    Only if his team name is "Token Dude."

Only if his team name is "Token Dude."

He would love and get a huge kick out of, a team name like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How much time does it take?  Also, how much knowledge does it take?  this is what I know about football:

There's a Super Bowl. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    How much time does it take?  Also, how much knowledge does it take?  this is what I know about football:

There's a Super Bowl. 
    All players are ranked within their position. Their by-weeks are clearly marked. The draft takes maybe 2 hours, and outside of that, I would say it takes no more than 20 minutes a week.
  • edited August 2018
    MRDCle said:
    VarunaTT said:
    How much time does it take?  Also, how much knowledge does it take?  this is what I know about football:

There's a Super Bowl. 
    All players are ranked within their position. Their by-weeks are clearly marked. The draft takes maybe 2 hours, and outside of that, I would say it takes no more than 20 minutes a week.
    Bye week = week off (every football team gets one) so therefore any guys you have on your team who are on their bye that week, won't get any points.

ETA - sorry if you knew this, I'm not trying to mansplain to you.
  • MRDCle said:
    VarunaTT said:

There's a Super Bowl. 
    Bye week = week off (every football team gets one) so therefore any guys you have on your team who are on their bye that week, won't get any points.

ETA - sorry if you knew this, I'm not trying to mansplain to you.
    Oh no, I know literally nothing about it.

I'll probably pass.  My helpful nature is all "I can do it" and my other side is all, "Love...football?"  :D
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I opened this when first posted and not again. I thought at 50 responses maybe there was a pop off. 

Nope. 

I’m in  Urban Meyer land. Between him, the wrestlers, and the divers there’s some shit going down. 
  • VarunaTT said:

There's a Super Bowl. 
    It takes minutes each week to set your line up - and yahoo ranks the players to make it easy to choose.
  • do we have enough teams now?
  • Do you need email addresses?
  • Sorry, I suck!  We still need one more team!

@NBSquared2017 - you in?

@NBSquared2017 - you in?
    I'm in - I should be good to go! 

@NBSquared2017 - you in?
    Also - when do we draft? Is that listed somewhere?