Wedding Woes
Options

Dating

You chicks know this has been a saga over the years. I still date from time to time, but I gave it to the Lord.

Jesus, is going to have to send me a husband at this point.:) Ha.

The last date was with a man newly divorced and he only wanted to talk about his crazy ex-wife. It took 2 glasses of red wine to get me through that date and I don't drink on first dates. I knew there wouldn't be a 2nd, so pass the vino.

Re: Dating

• Options
    yikes! Sounded like he wanted (and needed?) a therapist! At least you got some wine out of it....?

• Options

I suspect a lot of newly single people fall into that trap.  Hopefully he'll get out of that mindset with a little more time/experience.  And possibly be a great guy...for someone else, lol.

Sorry you got stuck being part of the "healing process".  It does sound torturous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How do you manage a first date WITHOUT the wine??
  • Options
    Charlotte, I'm a lightweight. so I don't usually drink on the first date. I got to have all of my wits about me dating in 2018.
  • Options
    Charlotte, I'm a lightweight. so I don't usually drink on the first date. I got to have all of my wits about me dating in 2018.
    Good point! 

Ive got to say I’m pretty sure my H and I were drunk for the entire first 6 months we were dating. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Good point! 

Ive got to say I’m pretty sure my H and I were drunk for the entire first 6 months we were dating. 
    Omg, H and I too! I thought it was just us  :D
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Good point! 

Omg, H and I too! I thought it was just us  :D
    Count me and FI in on that group too.