Wedding Etiquette Forum

Safe to assume not invited?

I have a friend getting married at the end of September. I thought we were close enough to be invited to their wedding but have yet to see any invitation in the mail.  When is it safe to make other plans for that weekend (which involve spending money )?
2 of us- a bunch of you! Celebrating the whole night through!

Re: Safe to assume not invited?

• angned said:
    I have a friend getting married at the end of September. I thought we were close enough to be invited to their wedding but have yet to see any invitation in the mail.  When is it safe to make other plans for that weekend (which involve spending money )?
    Usually invites are sent 6-8 weeks. I would give until end of month. Were you invited to any pre-parties?
  • Give it a couple more weeks. Has this friend discussed the wedding with you or specifically told you that you're invited at any point?
  • I'd wait until the beginning of September, especially if under normal circumstances you would prefer to go to the wedding instead of whatever else it seems you want to do. 

• Invitations could still be sent.   I'd give it another couple weeks but also wouldn't stop making plans. 
  • I'd also give it until the beginning of September.