Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options

cupcait927 said:
    @ShesSoCold Are you able to make a case to the insurance company and see if they are able to term the employee back to May? I have employer groups come to me all the time with terms they forgot to process and about 90% of the time, we're successful in getting them termed back (as long as it's not more than a few months). This is for both medical and ancillary lines. But after reading your post, it sounds like you work for the actual company and not a broker - I'm on the broker side.

I tried. It's written into the policy certificate that we can only term 60 days retroactively, so they can't give us an exception unless it was their error. I've talked to managers and supervisors and at least done everything I could do. Hopefully my coworker will come back on Monday and be able to find an email she sent or something back in May, but I doubt it. We're on the broker side too. 
    I know for us it depends on the carrier. Pretty much all will go back 60 days w/o issue but after that we usually don't ask for an exception unless it is a carrier we work a lot with and can usually get an exception through.

Really though that would just be 1 month of premiums that your firm could potentially be on the hook for, right? Or are they saying claims too? 
  • Options
    thinking of you @mrsconn23 <3
  • Options
    kvruns said:

cupcait927 said:
    @ShesSoCold Are you able to make a case to the insurance company and see if they are able to term the employee back to May? I have employer groups come to me all the time with terms they forgot to process and about 90% of the time, we're successful in getting them termed back (as long as it's not more than a few months). This is for both medical and ancillary lines. But after reading your post, it sounds like you work for the actual company and not a broker - I'm on the broker side.

I tried. It's written into the policy certificate that we can only term 60 days retroactively, so they can't give us an exception unless it was their error. I've talked to managers and supervisors and at least done everything I could do. Hopefully my coworker will come back on Monday and be able to find an email she sent or something back in May, but I doubt it. We're on the broker side too. 
    I know for us it depends on the carrier. Pretty much all will go back 60 days w/o issue but after that we usually don't ask for an exception unless it is a carrier we work a lot with and can usually get an exception through.

Really though that would just be 1 month of premiums that your firm could potentially be on the hook for, right? Or are they saying claims too? 
    It's two months. I did what I could and let the producer know. Filing under "not My Problem"! :) 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever