Wedding Etiquette Forum

Last Min Invite Question

JeeGooDowsterJeeGooDowster member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited August 2018 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
RSVPs for a family member's wedding in September were 8/1...then over the weekend they contacted me about some extended family's addresses.  According to them they "forgot" to send out....I feel like this is a b-list situation and I kinda don't want to give the addresses and give them a heads up that it's pretty rude considering it's past the RSVP date!!!

Should i say something or just give the addresses?

Re: Last Min Invite Question

• RSVPs for a family member's wedding in September were 8/1...then over the weekend they contacted me about some extended family's addresses.  According to them they "forgot" to send out....I feel like this is a b-list situation and I kinda don't want to give the addresses and give them a heads up that it's pretty rude considering it's past the RSVP date!!!

Ooof that's awkward. Would it be believable if you told them you don't have these addresses?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • JeeGooDowsterJeeGooDowster member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2018
    RSVPs for a family member's wedding in September were 8/1...then over the weekend they contacted me about some extended family's addresses.  According to them they "forgot" to send out....I feel like this is a b-list situation and I kinda don't want to give the addresses and give them a heads up that it's pretty rude considering it's past the RSVP date!!!

Ooof that's awkward. Would it be believable if you told them you don't have these addresses?
    @ShesSoCold, unfortunately not...the extended relatives are actually my close relatives :-|
  • Thanks all...yup I just forwarded the addresses and keeping my mouth shut LOL
  • This is a situation where I just wouldn't have responded and ignored any subsequent texts or phone calls.

Sometimes the most diplomatic response is no response at all. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Oh FFS - just give them the addresses so they get the invites sooner than later... If it's like DH he was remembering people a couple weeks before the wedding and calling them...  And yes, I was the bride going "WTELF?!?!?!?!?" (I've since accepted anything decorum/etiquette is mine to anticipate, which isn't everyone's strength)...
  • i think you should just give it to them
  • I would totally give the addresses but the email would start with, "time for the B list huh? Here you go!"
  • I would totally give the addresses but the email would start with, "time for the B list huh? Here you go!"
     :D  :D
  • It may or may not be a B-list situation. I will admit I used that story with a couple people who were on my B-list but should have been on the A-list. Basically, I decided I should have invited them, so I said that they were mistakenly left off the list, which was not really a lie. But there were a couple of other people, including one of the groom's cousins, who actually were left off the list by accident. So you never know.
  • yep it's right of you to just sent it to them rather than making a big deal out if it