Wedding Woes

Tuesday!!

How's it hanging? 

This is my marathon week, since I work Saturday.  At least I'm off 2 days next week and then 1 day the following 2 weeks.  I won't work a full week for 3 weeks.

I made this last night with the giant zucchini my sister gave me.  (I still have 2 cups of shredded zucchini that I froze): https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zucchini-pizza-casserole/?trkid=FBPAGE_TOH_20170714_Buzzy_Video

It turned out great.  I did use Italian sausage.  DH and DefConn loved it.  The 'crust' can probably be used in several recipes.  You could put diced chicken, broccoli, and alfredo on it and/or put pepperoni in there along with beef or sausage.  

Other than that, SSDD.  :) 

Re: Tuesday!!

• yum! I will probably make that soon.  I will say, it's weird reading a recipe nowadays. Where's the video? :)  

I'm working in the office alone today.  We're training and doing a charity event downtown tomorrow and Thursday, and everyone is heading over to the hotel today but me.  I'll go first thing tomorrow because I LOVE MY BED!  I was all bad ass and wore my flip flops and now I'm listening to pandora and I even had chex mix for breakfast.  It's totally like mom and dad left me for the weekend alone.

Because my upcoming surgery was a bit more than I expected (was ball parking the average and she was a bit higher) H and I decided to cancel the international trip to Italy/Greece next year so we're thinking of domestic travel now.  Or, we can do an international cruise but the key is to find a port in the states where southwest flies to.  But we have months to figure it out.

• I need a new moisturizer – I’m researching new products.

Tonight H and I are catching up on our recorded shows. 

SSDD

• That sounds yummy Mrs.Conn! 

I made a really good avocado "chimichurri" sauce I found on a Whole 30 site. Poured that over some grilled chicken and cauliflower rice and that will be my lunch today. I'm excited. 

As soon as I turned my car on this AM, I got an alert that my all wheel drive had malfunctioned. Toyota says it's no big deal, but now I have to wait until next week to get it fixed because there are no loaner cars available this week. 
  • That sounds good, mrs.conn!!

LOL Pam I used to do the same shit when I was alone in the office. Like a child. 

I worked out this morning and I feel like a million bucks. Got dinner planned and half prepped so we'll be able to crank that out quickly and then organize a desk (again) tonight. 

I've started making lists (my favorite thing) of what we need to do to sell the house/move and I'm ready to get that going. I have a "shit to purge" and a "shit to fix" list. H is going to have a hard time purging, though. He has a ton of hobbies that all entail a ton of crap. He tried to tell me that we'll have to get rid of my elliptical, which I use nearly every day. Then he said he doesn't want to get rid of his boat or his paintball crap, neither of which he's probably used in 5 years. Uh, no. Your huge motorcycle is staying, so is my huge elliptical. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So on Saturday, one of the discount meat deals I got was 40 lbs of frozen chicken wings for $40.  The problem is that they are a frozen solid block of chicken!  We have been thawing them in our extra fridge (because the box is huge!) so that I can separate them.  H & I are splitting the box with friends.

Last night H brings the box up and its still a frozen solid block!  I was able to pull some of the chicken out, but only about 8 wings.  So I will try again tomorrow.  I just want to finish processing this chicken so I can vacuum the bags of chicken and be done with it!

It is worse than a Thanksgiving turkey!  The wings are whole, so I would like to be able to cut off the tips and cut the drum from the other piece too.  But we can't even separate them!  For $15 more, we could have bought fresh wings and this saga would have been long over by now!

Other than that!  SSDD!

• oh man, mrsconn, that recipe looks awesome - I will have to make that post Whole 30.  Cheese is BY FAR going to be the hardest part for me during this challenge - it just makes everything taste so much better.

@climbingwife - do you buy cauliflower already riced or do it yourself?  I've never done it, but it would be cheaper to do myself - just wondering if it's worth it.

I actually went to the gym this AM for the first time in months.  I always go after work, but I'm getting really tired of not getting home until 6:30 or 7pm.  Trying to stay in the habit. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

One more day until school starts.  I lost my shit this morning though:(

I applied to be a grocery store shopper/delivery person.  It seems easy enough right?

This afternoon I'm plunking my butt at the pool and trying not to cry. again.  For the third time in the last seven days.  They need to go to school.

• Went to bed at 2 am last night because I was trying to get stuff done and I’m exhausted. I have a beef brisket to slow roast so I had to get up relatively early so I can throw that in. The bummer is that I can’t really leave the house while the oven is on, and it’s going to take literally all day.

Tonight we are going to my parents to see if the tires from our old truck will fit on my dad’s truck. My dad thinks the tires he has on the truck will be fine for our trip, but that’s a no. They’re like ten years old and they’re dry and cracked with barely the legal amount of tread left. If our tires don’t fit I’ll be buying new tires for the truck. Last thing I want is a blow out on a mountain road in that huge ass vehicle. 

@ShesSoCold FI is a hoarder too so I feel your pain. Getting rid of stuff is so easy for me and I really don’t have too much stuff. He has crap that he hasn’t looked at or thought about in years, but trying to convince him to throw it away is impossible. 

@CharmedPam sounds like a good day. 

@NBSquared2017 let me know if you find anything good. I’ve been trying to find a new moisturizer with spf too. Wexler stopped making her products and I want to cry. I tried clarins but for some reason it would pill on my skin when I tried to apply foundation. I don’t know if it was the combo of products I used or what but that was annoying. 

• 6fsn said:

One more day until school starts.  I lost my shit this morning though:(

I applied to be a grocery store shopper/delivery person.  It seems easy enough right?

A good friend does Shipt.  She seems to like it.  

Also, I was there two weeks ago.  I also was losing my shit.  You just gotta get through today.  (( hugs and bourbon )) 
  • levioosa said:
    Went to bed at 2 am last night because I was trying to get stuff done and I’m exhausted. I have a beef brisket to slow roast so I had to get up relatively early so I can throw that in. The bummer is that I can’t really leave the house while the oven is on, and it’s going to take literally all day.

Tonight we are going to my parents to see if the tires from our old truck will fit on my dad’s truck. My dad thinks the tires he has on the truck will be fine for our trip, but that’s a no. They’re like ten years old and they’re dry and cracked with barely the legal amount of tread left. If our tires don’t fit I’ll be buying new tires for the truck. Last thing I want is a blow out on a mountain road in that huge ass vehicle. 

@ShesSoCold FI is a hoarder too so I feel your pain. Getting rid of stuff is so easy for me and I really don’t have too much stuff. He has crap that he hasn’t looked at or thought about in years, but trying to convince him to throw it away is impossible. 

@CharmedPam sounds like a good day. 

@NBSquared2017 let me know if you find anything good. I’ve been trying to find a new moisturizer with spf too. Wexler stopped making her products and I want to cry. I tried clarins but for some reason it would pill on my skin when I tried to apply foundation. I don’t know if it was the combo of products I used or what but that was annoying. 
    I was in a skin care group, but it's closed or on archive now or something? Anyway the top recommendation from them were: supergoop! unseen sunscreen and Missha all around safe block essence sun - now these were moisturizers WITH spf....I'm sure if you're looking for just a moisturizer this may be to thick?

@levioosa, are you planning on having the groceries delivered?  one of my friends came back from a summer house/retreat and one of her kids just had it peapoded (why is word saying that's not a word?) and she was like 'this is the best idea ever!' so you don't have to load up your car with groceries yourself. 

• SSDD.  Don't have too much to post.  I'm playing "clean out the cabinets and freezer" cooking.  Somehow I have 4 cans of cannelli beans.  I mean, I LIKE cannelli beans, but how TF did i end up with 4?  Also, THREE bottles of hoison sauce.  2 aren't open so I'm going to check expiration dates and see if I can get credit from the grocery store but I have doubts.  Everything from the cabinet is out on the counter, which is annoying, but that's also the way I'll get it used up.  Still working on reclaiming cooking mojo and this is keeping me interested like a project, so cooking at home is working better.
  • Hang in there 6! One more day.

DH came home last night and it seems like he has been sleeping ever since. He hasn’t, he went to work today and he woke me up at 4am because he was awake, but he definitely crashed early last night (until 4) and he is asleep right now sooo.... it just seems that every time I have seen him he is sleeping.

You would think that since I was awake at 4, up since 6, that would mean I had a hella productive day. Wrong. I thought I would try to nap, except I can’t nap so I just ended up playing around with color combinations for the quilt I am going to make my mom and watching movies until it was time for me to go to work. I only had one class this evening so now I am back home.

The government announced their days off for Eid (a holiday of some significance) this week, taking a whole week off. The public sector (which they call the private sector just to confuse me, I swear) then usually decided their own schedule based off what the government does. The club manager came into the office tonight asking what we wanted to do, so we have all next week off too, lol. I said I would come in this weekend if any of my clients wanted to get a lesson in.

other than that, SSDD.
  • @CharmedPam I did all of my grocery shopping this weekend so it was all on me to unload the car. But that sounds cool. I sprained my wrist trying to hulk all of the groceries inside in one trip.

• Worked out this morning and now I need to return some pants that I ordered. They are the wrong size. I never order that size so I don't know what happened. Hopefully the store will have the right store in stock. Tonight H and I are going to a wine tasting dinner at a nice restaurant. The winery is in the Oregon Dundee Hill region and we are club members. We love their wine and are excited they are doing a dinner here since we don't get out there very often. 

H is buying a new car this afternoon. The old one is making like it will need a new transmission soon and he doesn't want to put that kind of money in a 10 year old car with almost 200,000 miles on it. So it looks like a new car in the BeachMusic house!

DD is thrilled that the babies slept 7.5 hours last night! I'm heading back up there this weekend for a bit. 

I'll have to try that recipe @mrsconn23 sounds yummy! 
  • Casadena said:

oh man, mrsconn, that recipe looks awesome - I will have to make that post Whole 30.  Cheese is BY FAR going to be the hardest part for me during this challenge - it just makes everything taste so much better.

@climbingwife - do you buy cauliflower already riced or do it yourself?  I've never done it, but it would be cheaper to do myself - just wondering if it's worth it.

I actually went to the gym this AM for the first time in months.  I always go after work, but I'm getting really tired of not getting home until 6:30 or 7pm.  Trying to stay in the habit. 

@Casadena I'm too lazy, and bought it already riced and frozen. 
  • Casadena said:

oh man, mrsconn, that recipe looks awesome - I will have to make that post Whole 30.  Cheese is BY FAR going to be the hardest part for me during this challenge - it just makes everything taste so much better.

That's what I figured :) Thanks!

SSDD

@NBSquared2017 I use Philosophy Hope in a Jar. Love it. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Casadena said:

I’m the only one that will eat it so I buy frozen to avoid waste. Aldi is pretty reasonably priced.   I love doing a quick lunch of frozen cauliflower fried rice- onion, garlic, cauliflower, frozen peas and carrots, soy sauce ginger, eggs. There’s a million recipes out there

SSDD

@NBSquared2017 I use Philosophy Hope in a Jar. Love it. 
    Same. I love it. Although I like the version without SPF better than the SPF one. My CC cream has SPF so I’m covered that way. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Casadena said:

I’m the only one that will eat it so I buy frozen to avoid waste. Aldi is pretty reasonably priced.   I love doing a quick lunch of frozen cauliflower fried rice- onion, garlic, cauliflower, frozen peas and carrots, soy sauce ginger, eggs. There’s a million recipes out there

That sounds great!  I always forget about Aldi but I just checked and there's one just a few blocks from our new house - I'll make sure to add that to my weekly grocery shopping.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @casadena- don’t forget the quarter and your bags. I love aldi. It’s cheap and easy to get in and out. They even carry dh’s beer.
  • I'm exhausted and it was so worth it!  Sunday we did a Sunday Funday for the bestie's bithday - a group of us did a Pedal Pub Tour around downtown Detroit, had an amazing dinner and then bar hopped.  And then she and I followed it up by going to the Beyonce-Jay Z show last night.  Hubs descrived it best when he asked me this morning "so do you think you're Beyonce now?"  Why yes, yes I do.  And I'm not sorry.

Tonight I'm going to hydrate and clean the house.  I'm in a great mood and H is all anxiety because he has to fire someone today.  I can't tell if he's enjoying my gifs or not!

NBSquared2017 I use this creamI've had bad skin for ever and since I started using this, my skin has looked the best it ever has.  And it's the cheapest option I've tried in at least a decade so bonus point there!
    purchased! What about around the eyes where the crows feet are the worst for me?  OK there?

• NBSquared2017 I use this creamI've had bad skin for ever and since I started using this, my skin has looked the best it ever has.  And it's the cheapest option I've tried in at least a decade so bonus point there!
    purchased! What about around the eyes where the crows feet are the worst for me?  OK there?
    Let me know how you like it!  I'm more of a forehead wrinkler so I'm not sure how it is around the eyes.  They have an arthritis cream that my mom swears by for her shoulder too.

• NBSquared2017 I use this creamI've had bad skin for ever and since I started using this, my skin has looked the best it ever has.  And it's the cheapest option I've tried in at least a decade so bonus point there!
    Let me know how you like it!  I'm more of a forehead wrinkler so I'm not sure how it is around the eyes.  They have an arthritis cream that my mom swears by for her shoulder too.
    will do! I buy separate special eye creams and i'm like....how different is this from any other cream?  We'll find out!

• I'm exhausted and it was so worth it!  Sunday we did a Sunday Funday for the bestie's bithday - a group of us did a Pedal Pub Tour around downtown Detroit, had an amazing dinner and then bar hopped.  And then she and I followed it up by going to the Beyonce-Jay Z show last night.  Hubs descrived it best when he asked me this morning "so do you think you're Beyonce now?"  Why yes, yes I do.  And I'm not sorry.

Tonight I'm going to hydrate and clean the house.  I'm in a great mood and H is all anxiety because he has to fire someone today.  I can't tell if he's enjoying my gifs or not!

@NBSquared2017 I use this cream.  I've had bad skin for ever and since I started using this, my skin has looked the best it ever has.  And it's the cheapest option I've tried in at least a decade so bonus point there!
    Thank you! I purchased it and I am giving it a shot!! Also XP, but I'm in for fantasy!
  • First day back at work from vacation.  So it's been a pretty depressing day, lol.

My vacation back to my hometown in Southern CA was FABULOUS, though!  Better than I thought it would be.  It was fun.  It was relaxing.  It was great to catch up with family and friends.  My H enjoyed himself a lot more than he usually does when he is out there, so that made the trip even better for me.

I got myself caught up on WW, lol.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some highlights.  But @charlotte989875, so glad you FINALLY were able to close on your house.  I know that's been stressful.  @levioosa, I was glad to hear your all's Yosemite trip is back on, as planned. 

Thank you!! It was a crazy process but finally closed, nothing is painted and it took a long time just to get the bathrooms/kitchen cleaned but we’re in!!