Wedding Woes

Ya'll hate Wednesday, I know

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2018 in Wedding Woes
Or maybe ya'll locked out?

Tonight I have to do laundry and pack for tomorrow's trip.  We have to find H a sportscoat somewhere but he says he can do that tomorrow while I work.  But I also want to catch the movie "The Meg" in sometime......

I have this dress (attached) in mind for the wedding.  the attire is cocktail.  Can I wear this?  I asked around and 2 of my friends said yes.  It's silky/cotton material.  But I would be uncomfortable in my other 2 dress choices and want to go with this....
edit because I'm sleepy and typing fast

Re: Ya'll hate Wednesday, I know

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

If you are most comfortable in the dress go for is.  Floor length seems dressier than cocktail, but the models shoes look like they are casual (But I'd never in a million years have picked that color)

Kids are all gone today so it's alright.  I've got banana bread and orange crush cake in the oven.  Next up blueberry muffins and a quadruple batch of waffles.  I'm also realizing just how much our schedule sucks.

• CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2018

I haven't had any trouble posting ever (hopefully didn't just jinx myself) but I really hope it gets figured out soon. 

Busy week with Dr. appointments, 2 concerts - Ben Folds/Cake tonight and Miranda Lambert/Little Big Town on Saturday, and trying to keep up at work and home. 

tiny rant:

We are going to a wedding next month out west which is a plane ride away for almost everyone and I'm super side-eyeing this couple.  It's adults-only (16+...wtf is that) and it's plastered all over their invites and website.  In the registry section they have a huge note about how this is a destination for everyone, they don't need anything, your presence truly is our gift, blah blah blah.  Then below they link to SIX....yes SIX registries, one of which is an extensive honeyfund with like 30 different ways you can waste your money. 

Registries are fine, 6 registries is excessive, but fine.  But it's really bothering me that they have that long note and then also 6 registries for all the stuff they don't need.  Then yesterday - I checked bc I was going to order a gift and they've removed all but they're huge honeyfund. 

If I didn't have to travel i'd be getting them a giant metal chicken. 

ETA: I think that dress is really cool, but I personally wouldn't consider it "cocktail" attire.  But if you're comfortable in it then definitely rock it.

• @CharmedPam, OMG, I love that dress!!!  I'd ask where you got it, because that is totally my style, but it would be way too long on me anyway (sigh).  But to answer your question, I think that dress is great for a cocktail party.  Sure, it's long instead of knee length, but (to me) it is the same level of formality.

Nothing major going on for me right now.  Work is mellow this week...I hope I didn't just jinx myself...and I'm hoping to catch up on my pile of "when you have time" work.  That pile is still work designated for the back burner because we aren't ordering any more steel on the project yet.  But it is a LOT of work and the day will come when all of it will suddenly need to be completed.  And that day cometh closer, lol.

My H and I rarely run errands during the weekday, but we're doing a Sam's Club run tonight. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’ve been down for the count since last Friday – I developed a sty in my right eye and today is the first day I am back at work.

This is the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my adult life and I can’t wait until this is over.

Mr. B has his first business trip this week and we leave tomorrow...I look like Sloth from the Goonies 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    @6fsn, orange crush cake sounds GOOD! Is that the boxed white cake and a can of orange crush? eggs or something else?
    @casadena, I have been to both LBT and Miranda separately so that concert is going to be GREAT together! Enjoy!
    @short+sassy, lol yes that dress would be to long! I'm 6'0 and it hits the floor with me, and I can still get away with wedges.  I got it on etsy, she still sells dresses but not this one. Actually I bought it in 2015 when H and I were going to elope.... But then decided to go big full on party (it was a good decision!). 

The other two dresses (also attached) I own I think I'd be uncomfortable in BECAUSE they're knee length.  I hate my chunky legs. But also the material is clingy on the black dress (the black dress looks like that but is not a halter top, it goes straight across my shoulders) and the material is to thin and "slip" like for the red one.

eta for:  I also have black past the knee length skirts and black dress tops..... but then it's black for a summer wedding?

• Morning.  Day #2 in a row off.  Meeting DH for lunch soon

Yesterday was frustrating for my mom.  The good news is that her scans came back good.  Nothing new showing up and everything is stable.  But she keeps getting the run-around about the next phase.  And with the fact that she's having neuropathy and fuzzy/chemo-brain as side-effects, it makes receiving information even harder.  She made an appt to see one of her docs tomorrow, my dad is putting in a call to another doctor today, and I crafted a list of questions for my parents to ask.  I wish I could go to the appt tomorrow, but I can't take another day off so soon.  So we'll see what comes of all that. 

I feel like she doesn't have to jump into anything right away when she's done with this round of treatment (this is an educated guess based on the information we have so far).  Also I think that if they keep trying to push her in a direction she doesn't want to go, that it will be time for a second opinion.  

Besides the frustration, we had a good time.  I also got to see the progress on their bathroom renovations.  It's going to amazing when it's completed.  
  • @6fsn, orange crush cake sounds GOOD! Is that the boxed white cake and a can of orange crush? eggs or something else?
    @casadena, I have been to both LBT and Miranda separately so that concert is going to be GREAT together! Enjoy!
    @short+sassy, lol yes that dress would be to long! I'm 6'0 and it hits the floor with me, and I can still get away with wedges.  I got it on etsy, she still sells dresses but not this one. Actually I bought it in 2015 when H and I were going to elope.... But then decided to go big full on party (it was a good decision!). 

The other two dresses (also attached) I own I think I'd be uncomfortable in BECAUSE they're knee length.  I hate my chunky legs. But also the material is clingy on the black dress (the black dress looks like that but is not a halter top, it goes straight across my shoulders) and the material is to thin and "slip" like for the red one.

eta for:  I also have black past the knee length skirts and black dress tops..... but then it's black for a summer wedding?

Thanks, I'm super excited to see them both!  I haven't been to a country concert in forever!

Also, just looking at pics and hearing "cocktail" I would for sure go with the black one.  But 90% of the time i'm wearing black.  The floor length one will surely be fine if that's the one your most comfortable in.

• @6fsn, orange crush cake sounds GOOD! Is that the boxed white cake and a can of orange crush? eggs or something else?

I think either of these two is a cocktail dress and fine. The other dress is not a cocktail dress. You can totally wear it of course but you’re not following the dress code. It’s reallt fun though! And a Black below the knee length skirt sounds sad to me. 
  • I love that first dress (can we please talk about the model's feet?  I'm cracking up at the bad photoshop), but it's not cocktail to me.  I love the red dress, don't like the black dress.  I'd do the red myself.

I'm illogically angry at everything and the universe is conspiring against me.

That's really all you need to hear to know how my day is going.  
  • I'm a vote for the black dress 
  • I always wear black, regardless of what time of year it is. Also, we found some great sports coats at Men's Warehouse recently. 

Work is kicking my butt lately. I feel like all day I'm just putting out fires, and not actually accomplishing anything. We're leaving on vacation next week and I already have vacation brain. 
  • So I have poison ivy on my face and it goes right up under my left one.  So that's fun.  Thankfully the really bad spot is on my ankle.  I have cream and went to urgent care since its near my eye - they gave me a prescription.  The itching on my face isn't too terrible, but the one on my ankle kept me awake half the night.  I wasn't even itching it!

Tonight is yoga, but I'm thinking of skipping it.  I got shit to do before we leave for the shore on Friday!

Casadena - I saw Ben Folds/Cake last Thursday.  Ben Folds was awesome!  Cake was interesting.  I'm thankful that Ben Folds played first, we left after a few Cake songs.  I don't know their stuff as well and the songs I did know weren't until the end.  Did you try to google their registries?  Otherwise, you could Amazon them the metal chicken!

Pam - I would go with either the black or red dress.  The top dress isn't very cocktail style. 

MrsConn - The doctor's for my mom were somewhat like that.  I don't think they want to overpromise results.  Though they did have a clear path she would be on: chemo, surgery, radiation.  They ended up adding additional weeks of radiation just before what should have been her last session.  Apparently, that was always on the table, but she wasn't aware of it.  I hope you can get some better answers for your mom's treatment schedule.  My mom also had down time between the chemo, surgery, and radiation, so that she could gain strength and increase her blood counts, etc before the next treatment started.  I believe she had about a month "off" each time.

• So I have poison ivy on my face and it goes right up under my left one.  So that's fun.  Thankfully the really bad spot is on my ankle.  I have cream and went to urgent care since its near my eye - they gave me a prescription.  The itching on my face isn't too terrible, but the one on my ankle kept me awake half the night.  I wasn't even itching it!

Tonight is yoga, but I'm thinking of skipping it.  I got shit to do before we leave for the shore on Friday!

Casadena - I saw Ben Folds/Cake last Thursday.  Ben Folds was awesome!  Cake was interesting.  I'm thankful that Ben Folds played first, we left after a few Cake songs.  I don't know their stuff as well and the songs I did know weren't until the end.  Did you try to google their registries?  Otherwise, you could Amazon them the metal chicken!

Pam - I would go with either the black or red dress.  The top dress isn't very cocktail style. 

MrsConn - The doctor's for my mom were somewhat like that.  I don't think they want to overpromise results.  Though they did have a clear path she would be on: chemo, surgery, radiation.  They ended up adding additional weeks of radiation just before what should have been her last session.  Apparently, that was always on the table, but she wasn't aware of it.  I hope you can get some better answers for your mom's treatment schedule.  My mom also had down time between the chemo, surgery, and radiation, so that she could gain strength and increase her blood counts, etc before the next treatment started.  I believe she had about a month "off" each time.

I love Ben Folds and have seen him multiple times so I too am excited he's playing first since I'm not as familiar with Cake - although all the songs I know of theirs I really like!

2 of their former registries are googleable, I'm just having a really hard time not being snarky/passive aggressive about it even though I know it will not accomplish anything. Debating between giving them a very small check or being nice and spending ~what I usually do and getting them a nice gift. 

• 6fsn6fsn member

Hugs MrsConn. 

I feel like I'm in an information void.  I have no game schedule for Max, no uniform for Megan, the bus has been late for pick up and drop off every day and no communication for anything.  I haven't had a single email or paper from 6let or Max's teacher.  M2's sent a "test email" with zero information and that's it.  My neighbor's kids have had letters and emails about their schedule, homework, and everything.  Grrr

• MrsConn - The doctor's for my mom were somewhat like that.  I don't think they want to overpromise results.  Though they did have a clear path she would be on: chemo, surgery, radiation.  They ended up adding additional weeks of radiation just before what should have been her last session.  Apparently, that was always on the table, but she wasn't aware of it.  I hope you can get some better answers for your mom's treatment schedule.  My mom also had down time between the chemo, surgery, and radiation, so that she could gain strength and increase her blood counts, etc before the next treatment started.  I believe she had about a month "off" each time.

Thanks.  Radiation isn't an option for her cancer.   

I think part of the issue is that she hasn't actually met the doctor where all these treatment recs are coming from.  He is the surgeon that diagnosed her during her initial surgery and that put in her port (my mom talked to an intern before being put under), but he's never come around when she was awake (my dad has met him). So all the information is coming second or third hand and when she (or we) have follow-up questions, there is no clear answer.   Also she has a rare cancer, so I think the trajectory is a bit of an unknown factor because it's not something often seen.  The good news is that it is a non-aggressive cancer, so time is not a major issue.  Hopefully things will be clearer today and/or tomorrow.  I just want her to get information she understands, because it's driving her crazy that she's not able to think clearly and then gets mixed or incomplete information.  
  • Not much. Still on vacation. Today we took a break from the beach and drove down the coast a while. We’re heading to a play about the Lost Colony of Roanoke provided it doesn’t rain. We’ve gotten late afternoon & evening rain showers each day so we’ll see. Right now we’re having coffee and reading what a cluster the country is right now. 
  • Hugs to your momma, @mrsconn23
    @charlotte989875, I would love to go to that play.  Ever since AHS: Roanoke I've been obsessed. 

• Well look at that. I can post again. 

• Will wonders never cease! I can post again! 

Hugs @mrsconn23.

@CharmedPam I would definitely go with the black dress.

I've been liking comments since I haven't been able to post on comments since last week! Hopefully the glitch is fixed!
  • thanks ladies. I'll probably bring the black and red and decide while I'm there. 

• @NBSquared2017 have you tried warm compresses? 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    Orange crush cake= can orange crush box yellow cake mix (what I prefer) bake according to box. My kids love it. They also approved the muffin recipe and were stoked I made a whole loaf of French toast. It was a car by day. 

• Will wonders never cease! I can post again! 

Hugs @mrsconn23.

@CharmedPam I would definitely go with the black dress.

I've been liking comments since I haven't been able to post on comments since last week! Hopefully the glitch is fixed!

Basically, since August 15th :-(
  • I have not been locked out (though it does happen), my life is just boring and I don’t have much to share. 
  • Hope the interviews went well @Jen4948.

• levioosa said:
    @NBSquared2017 have you tried warm compresses? 
    Yep! It's moving along...slowly. I have tea bags at my desk and I'm compressing it 4-5 times a day. I'm just impatient and it looks ugly lol