Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

2»

Re: Tuesday!

• I’m sorry @missJeanLouise, that sucks and she’s way out of line. I think more and more people (at least that I know) aren’t sharing pregnancies on FB for many reasons. But also it would hurt that she just says “time for a bump pic”?! Umm no. And for saying that you get even fewer. 

Can your H talk to her?
  • I'm so sorry @missJeanLouise. Your MIL was way out of line. I think your DH should talk to her. It's not her place to say whether or not you are excited enough. This pregnancy isn't about her and she needs to stop. 

• @missJeanLouise I'm glad your H talked to her immediately and without you needing to say something first.  But if she is always texting you things that avoid asking about you.  Start responding with "I'm doing fine.  Thanks for asking!"  and nothing else.  Teach MIL that you will only answer questions about yourself. 

"Can I see a picture of your bump?"  "I'm feeling really tired today, so I'm just relaxing right now." 

"How is grandson today?" "Well, the placenta must have finished forming and started working, my nausea is low today, thanks hormones!"

My MIL was a little similar during my pregnancy, so I always answered about me first.  Then moved onto how much the baby was moving, etc.  I even still do it.  We walk in anywhere, she goes "Where's my princess?"  I usually respond with the "King & Queen are here too!"

Blood talks to blood, of course, but I also think its fine to push back on things once you are married and have learned how the family works.

• banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    Good Morning! 

It's Day 2 for Chiquita and Chiquito to be at separate camps this summer.   Chiquito's off to the beach on a school bus.   You guys.   This. Is. Big.   He still talks about a bus ride he took 8 months ago.

I'm following the story of The Red Hen in Lexington.   There's an unrelated restaurant two towns over from me with a similar name that has no affiliation whatsoever and it's FB has been hit hard with people who have never been all complaining about it.   

I don't care what your political affiliation is but if you can't support your statements with facts and won't listen to facts you're an ass who is hurting a local establishment. 

We also have a Red Hen restaurant the next county over.  My friend lives nearby and frequents it.  They too are getting inundated with bad reviews and other postings.  A few weeks ago, the owner saw a small group of pre-schoolers on a walk with their teachers.  She invited them all in for ice cream (or something else very cute).  My friend commented on the posting about what a nice gesture it was.  She now has a meme under her post with a doctored picture of the real Red Hen with a Nazi emblem over the signage and the text "Enjoy your Commie restaurant".  And that guy put the meme as a Reply to every single commenter on that post. 
    I sincerely hope that Facebook takes down every review for every Red Hen restaurant left after Sanders left her tweet.     

The one near me is a smaller restaurant in a tourist town and actually looks really good.  

AS DH said to me today this is the venn diagram overlap of people who are both stupid and assholes.    
    Everything is so terrible right now. I hope and pray this all turns around in November. We are dangling over a cliff here and it's only been a little over a year. We can't rely on Mueller or Congress we need to stay mobilized at the state and local level and GOTV. 

I can't take much more of all this mess. 
    I hate it too.

But my concern is that Trump's approval from his base is at an all time high.  The other issue is that when any opposition "goes low" it ignites the base to tear opposition apart. 

I didn't vote for Obama (nor did I vote for Trump) but I really miss when we had a POTUS who spoke in statements that were directed at unifying the nation even if they missed the mark.   Right now we don't have that and it terrifies me that his approach is liked.