Snarky Brides
Options

Wedding favors and welcome gifts?

2»

Re: Wedding favors and welcome gifts?

• Options
    I always love the look of relief when I opt for points when checking in even though I'm the top end of one hotel chain's rewards group...    

For the most part "YES!" to what you stated (they're not really necessary), however the part your job with 2-3 different weddings having these in the average weekend, the issue is an efficiency one where they should have a few of the guest bags there at the front desk for each one so you're only having to run every 4th guest for more (or scheduled person to deliver to each room)...  AND - when you do have that steamed 4th through 6th guest in line suggest they add "Allow staff to keep gift bags at front desk instead of having to run for them!" on the comment/survey!  It's only when business guests notice that often they'll take note...

• Options
    MesmrEwe said:
    I always love the look of relief when I opt for points when checking in even though I'm the top end of one hotel chain's rewards group...    

For the most part "YES!" to what you stated (they're not really necessary), however the part your job with 2-3 different weddings having these in the average weekend, the issue is an efficiency one where they should have a few of the guest bags there at the front desk for each one so you're only having to run every 4th guest for more (or scheduled person to deliver to each room)...  AND - when you do have that steamed 4th through 6th guest in line suggest they add "Allow staff to keep gift bags at front desk instead of having to run for them!" on the comment/survey!  It's only when business guests notice that often they'll take note...

I'm thinking the larger issue here is how the hotel handles favor bags for weddings.   Perhaps there's a better format / process for them? 

FWIW, any time I received one they were delivered to our room and not at the time of check in.   I will say that I liked them and one in particular was in a canvas tote bag I STILL use 6 years later.
  • Options
    I love receiving a gift bag when I check in for an OOT wedding.  The hotel employee always seems to pull it out from under the desk- maybe check with your supervisor to see if they could all be in a crate under the desk? I could see going back and forth to a back room being annoying.  My own bags had water bottles, Advil and Tylenol, apples and some sweet and salty snacks (nothing showcasing local highlights since everyone staying over lived locally).  The next day at breakfast everyone seemed happy to have had them.  Although I don’t think they’re a requirement.

Favors I can do without- a candle, picture frame, etc. with the couple’s names and wedding date get donated promptly.  I do love an edible treat and those measuring spoons that I get at a lot of showers are awesome since I can’t have enough measuring spoons.  But like the gift bags, although they’re appreciated, I don’t think of them as a requirement.
  • Options
    I love receiving a gift bag when I check in for an OOT wedding.  The hotel employee always seems to pull it out from under the desk- maybe check with your supervisor to see if they could all be in a crate under the desk? I could see going back and forth to a back room being annoying.  My own bags had water bottles, Advil and Tylenol, apples and some sweet and salty snacks (nothing showcasing local highlights since everyone staying over lived locally).  The next day at breakfast everyone seemed happy to have had them.  Although I don’t think they’re a requirement.

Favors I can do without- a candle, picture frame, etc. with the couple’s names and wedding date get donated promptly.  I do love an edible treat and those measuring spoons that I get at a lot of showers are awesome since I can’t have enough measuring spoons.  But like the gift bags, although they’re appreciated, I d
  • Options

Favors I can do without- a candle, picture frame, etc. with the couple’s names and wedding date get donated promptly.  I do love an edible treat and those measuring spoons that I get at a lot of showers are awesome since I can’t have enough measuring spoons.  But like the gift bags, although they’re appreciated, I d
  • Options

......and resuscitate @KnotHolly, please!
  • Options
    @MobKaz you are in fine form!
  • Options
    @MobKaz you are in fine form!
    I'm sure almost no one else will "get" my unbelievably old reference, but it's where I'm at, for better or worse!  Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk ;-p
  • Options
    Goodness, yes! I watched three stooges on video growing up!