Wedding Woes
Options

It's Already Wednesday!

What's going on?

H is taking the dog to the vet today. She's like a potato in her old age - she just keeps sprouting shit. We have a list of warts, skin tags and lumps for them to check out. We're trying to find the perfect time to put her under and lop all this shit off her. If we do it too soon, she'll sprout more and we'll have to do this again. If we wait too long, I worry she'll be too old to be put under. So we shall see what they see!

I made homemade marshmallows and graham crackers for a party we went to over the weekend. I made the mistake of telling H I could make pudding and make a s'mores pie out of the leftovers. Now he wants that so I'll be making a pie tonight!

I hope today is better at the new job, Jen!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Already Wednesday!

• Options
    What's going on?

H is taking the dog to the vet today. She's like a potato in her old age - she just keeps sprouting shit. We have a list of warts, skin tags and lumps for them to check out. We're trying to find the perfect time to put her under and lop all this shit off her. If we do it too soon, she'll sprout more and we'll have to do this again. If we wait too long, I worry she'll be too old to be put under. So we shall see what they see!

I made homemade marshmallows and graham crackers for a party we went to over the weekend. I made the mistake of telling H I could make pudding and make a s'mores pie out of the leftovers. Now he wants that so I'll be making a pie tonight!

Thanks! We'll see.
  • Options
    What's going on?

I had no idea you could make either of those from scratch. I wouldn't even know where to begin!
  • Options
    yeah, agreed with @Jstump2, how do you make that?  H has an addiction to marshmallows.  It's not the healthiest thing for him, but he can't stop buying them.  Maybe homemade is better than bagged?

Nail appt tonight and then picking something up on the way home for dinner, probably wendy's because their grilled chicken sandwiches are actually good.  I just want to get to bed at a decent time tonight.

• Options
    For marshmallows, it's just sugar, corn syrup and water boiled for a while (until 240) and then you beat it with gelatin on high for like 15 minutes. I'm thankful every time my ancient stand mixer survives but they're SO MUCH better homemade! I don't even like marshmallows but these are awesome. Sometimes I put maple extract in 'em. 

You just have to have graham flour for graham crackers. Then it's just like making other crackers/thin cookies, whatever.

I'm a big cooking dork and I LOVE this kind of thing. I try to make as much as I can from scratch. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I’m so happy we had Monday off – this week is flying by.

I work my PT job tonight and I’m packing as DH and I are headed to Cleveland for the home opener.

I’m making drunk gummies and making a shopping list for tailgating at the game.

We decided we are going to cook for ourselves this year. We start at around 6 AM and by the time I’m ready to eat, the grille has not even been started yet. Drinking for 7 solid hours requires food and I want to actually make it to a game on time this year. DH and I finally bought a travel grill and will just keep it at my mom and dad’s house.

I’ve been trying to avoid the news lately – I know I have to know what’s going on in the world, but everything is just so awful.  

• Options
    What's going on?

Zeus is 14 – I want to wrap him in bubble wrap.

• Options

I work my PT job tonight and I’m packing as DH and I are headed to Cleveland for the home opener.

We decided we are going to cook for ourselves this year. We start at around 6 AM and by the time I’m ready to eat, the grille has not even been started yet. Drinking for 7 solid hours requires food and I want to actually make it to a game on time this year. DH and I finally bought a travel grill and will just keep it at my mom and dad’s house.

I’ve been trying to avoid the news lately – I know I have to know what’s going on in the world, but everything is just so awful.  

I cannot NOT drink on an empty stomach anymore! Bad news Pam. Bad news.

• Options
    DH and FIL cooked the shark last night for dinner and this person who isn't a huge fish lover liked it!   Even Chiquita tried a piece and she had to fight a smile and admitted it was pretty good!  

It's FIL's birthday and I was up between 2 and 4 for no reason.   I hate it when I think of work in the middle of the night.   

Thank you Dunkin - I run on you. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    DH and FIL cooked the shark last night for dinner and this person who isn't a huge fish lover liked it!   Even Chiquita tried a piece and she had to fight a smile and admitted it was pretty good!  

It's FIL's birthday and I was up between 2 and 4 for no reason.   I hate it when I think of work in the middle of the night.   

Ughhhh I went to Dunkin this morning and the drive through was around the building. So I went in and there were like 7 people in line. So I had to abort to get to work on time.

I'm so jealous!

H and I are upping our life insurance next week. So we have to refrain from a certain habit that helps me sleep at night until we get our exams. And I'm having such a hard time staying asleep!
  • Options
    banana468 said:

Ughhhh I went to Dunkin this morning and the drive through was around the building. So I went in and there were like 7 people in line. So I had to abort to get to work on time.

I'm so jealous!

H and I are upping our life insurance next week. So we have to refrain from a certain habit that helps me sleep at night until we get our exams. And I'm having such a hard time staying asleep!
    you can't have sex until you take the exams?   ;)  

• Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018

Tell me about it. I can barely drink more than 2 cocktails without feeling like garbage the next day, let alone doing so on an empty stomach. 

• Options

Tell me about it. I can barely drink more than 2 cocktails without feeling like garbage the next day, let alone doing so on an empty stomach. 

I'm with you all.  I can't have even one drink on an empty stomach without it making me feel queasy.  But that has always been true.  Even in the wild heyday of my youth.

@NBSquared2017, have fun at the Cleveland game!  I hope you all win after all the bad luck last year.  Especially since the week after that, you're coming to OUR house!  Where your Browns will have no chance against my Saints, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm with you all.  I can't have even one drink on an empty stomach without it making me feel queasy.  But that has always been true.  Even in the wild heyday of my youth.

@NBSquared2017, have fun at the Cleveland game!  I hope you all win after all the bad luck last year.  Especially since the week after that, you're coming to OUR house!  Where your Browns will have no chance against my Saints, lol.

We probably could not beat a high school team at this point lol 

• Options

Not much happening today.  Weather forecast has greatly improved in my neck of the woods, so that has perked my spirits.  Thanks to TS Gordon making landfall on the more Eastern side of MS, instead of the Western side.  Scattered t-storms this afternoon with a thunderstorm around 6PM.  Hopefully I will already be home from work by then.  But we shouldn't have any power outages.

Hopefully those who were in the path and are without power will have it restored soon.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I swore I'd never make marshmallows again.  The homemade ones are so tasty, but cutting them was a PITA.  I also seem to just have issues with gelatin, the one time I tried to can jelly was a mess too.

I love grocery store pick up, so impossibly much.  I've designed a series of steps in my life to try and get some things back on track.  One is trying to shift back into getting up earlier in the morning.  So, popped out of bed at 6:30.  Used my emeals to get menu, did grocery shopping on Walmart app, will pick up groceries on way home from work.  We did pretty good on the cleaning out of the freezer (everything is used up from that) and cabinets (mostly used up, can save the things left since they're mostly staples), so it was time to get back to an actual meal plan before I fell off that habit.

I've been taking a HUGE step back from the many leadership roles I have right now.  I burned myself out on Pride this year and I'm making myself admit it and not feel selfish or ashamed of that.  I need to revamp some things.  Honestly, I'm feeling the need to slow down and relax and be selfish for awhile.  I've put out a lot for other people for the last few years and I think I need a break.

Other than the philosophical pinings of my life, SSDD at work and such.
  • Options

@VarunaTT, you reminded me to check Walmart's site and see if they had the pick-up option YET at either of the two Walmarts I go to, smh.  Hmmm...supposedly they do at one of them now.  I may actually get to try it out, though I'm going to call ahead first and make sure they have it.

You all have made it sound so great.  I really, really want it to work.  I do!  But I'm distrustful of people in my area being able to do anything right.  I mean, if my order is wrong 25% of the time at fast food places, can I really trust other employees to do my grocery shopping correctly, lol.

I guess I shall see.

Curiosity question to those of you familiar with Walmart Pick-up.  If I place my order a few days ahead of time, can they add-in items that are not normally carried at that store?  Because that would be extra, extra convenient.  There are two items like that I regularly order.  I guess, if not, I could always do a "pick up" at store.  And run in for that after I've received my groceries.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@VarunaTT, you reminded me to check Walmart's site and see if they had the pick-up option YET at either of the two Walmarts I go to, smh.  Hmmm...supposedly they do at one of them now.  I may actually get to try it out, though I'm going to call ahead first and make sure they have it.

You all have made it sound so great.  I really, really want it to work.  I do!  But I'm distrustful of people in my area being able to do anything right.  I mean, if my order is wrong 25% of the time at fast food places, can I really trust other employees to do my grocery shopping correctly, lol.

I guess I shall see.

Curiosity question to those of you familiar with Walmart Pick-up.  If I place my order a few days ahead of time, can they add-in items that are not normally carried at that store?  Because that would be extra, extra convenient.  There are two items like that I regularly order.  I guess, if not, I could always do a "pick up" at store.  And run in for that after I've received my groceries.

I don't think so, if I'm understanding what you're asking.  The grocery list is specific to your chosen store, so if it's not in stock, you don't have an option to buy it (I don't think you even see it).  I think if you were to call the store and tell them you have a grocery pick up and a customer service pick up, they'd probably combine it for you.  Please note: my pickup experience is with the Neighborhood Walmarts and they seem far more interested in customer service than regular Walmarts.

I haven't had anything missed yet.  I look at the produce before I leave.  I've never had to exchange any produce, but I've been reassured if I needed to, they'd do it right then or even up to a week later, I think.  They also make me look at the eggs.  :smile: They let me know if they couldn't find something and had to refund or if they couldn't find something and substituted.  You can also keep them from substituting.
  • Options

This week is going quickly for me too!  Let's keep it rolling to the weekend!

Last night, I took H out for wings and a favorite beer that is very limited.  It was a new place to him, but he loved the wings and the beer was also really good this year!  They use fresh Jersey watermelons, so it is very seasonal and small batched.  Only a few local places had it on tap, they don't even sell it in cans.  So H was a happy man by the end of the day.  Yesterday and today are his two worst work days of the year.  All the teachers go back to school, so he has to go over everything.  There is also the added bonus of new software this year.  By 9 PM yesterday, he had about 20 people with their accounts locked out!

Tonight is yoga after work.  Then home.  I need to try and get back in touch with my mom's cousin.  I messaged her about an address list for other cousins, but she didn't respond.  We are trying to throw a small party for my mom next month, but I need help with her cousin's addresses.  I really want to get the invites out by the end of this week, which will have them arrive at the 4 week mark.

• Options
    Back to school today. I’m so not ready. 

We had had a great weekend. I’m still tired from all of the drinking. We got massages and ate fantastic food. Even though it was a little ridiculous to stay so close to home it made it so nice when we checked out. The worst part of vacation is the trek back and returning to work the next day. I picked up Squish who was staying at my parent’s house and I don’t know, he’s pretty darn cute. And he gets along with Jack. 

My Mom called last night after I left and told me she had to go to the doctor for a kidney infection, and then over to my grandparent’s house because my grandfather has been bleeding for a month (post prostate cancer treatment complications) “and was pale and weak.” She can’t take any antibiotics after her last three month struggle with a kidney infection and my grandfather needs to go to the hospital and refuses. He has surgery scheduled for Friday but I think he probably needs observation and a transfusion. As of right now it looks like their Europe trip is canceled too. Ugh. 

• Options

I guess I shall see.

I hate hate hate the grocery store. My #1 pet peeve is when people leave their cart in the middle of the aisle and walk away to shop. The dang thing has wheels for a reason!

We try and only shop from places that have curbside for the most part - I'm still picky about produce, so we try to get everything we need in one fell swoop. 
  • Options

I guess I shall see.

I hate hate hate the grocery store. My #1 pet peeve is when people leave their cart in the middle of the aisle and walk away to shop. The dang thing has wheels for a reason!

We try and only shop from places that have curbside for the most part - I'm still picky about produce, so we try to get everything we need in one fell swoop. 

Yes!  I hate that too.  Another problem where I live is people will pull their cars to the front of the store to load their groceries and/or pick people up.  Which blocks or partially blocks one of the incoming/outgoing lanes.  Why?  WHY!?!?!  Shopping carts have wheels for a reason, ffs.

And Walmart shoppers are the WORST culprits for using the front of the store as an illegal loading zone.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whoaaaa!  :smiley:
  • Options

I'm so jealous!

Does DD not have mobile orders? That's the only way I get Starbucks, aint nobody got time to wait (though I usually still have to wait a little if I don't time it right)
  • Options
    guys, Eileenrob, pegasuskat and I are not posting on old threads..... the knotgods are unearthing some posts that were stuck :) 
    I was super confused and thought I'd missed a bunch of stuff. And then I couldn't figure out why there were 2 Wednesday threads going 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    guys, Eileenrob, pegasuskat and I are not posting on old threads..... the knotgods are unearthing some posts that were stuck :) 
    I was super confused and thought I'd missed a bunch of stuff. And then I couldn't figure out why there were 2 Wednesday threads going 

I noticed @CharmedPam's icon first for a whole bunch of threads in a row.  I thought she had gone on a posting frenzy, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I noticed @CharmedPam's icon first for a whole bunch of threads in a row.  I thought she had gone on a posting frenzy, lol.
    I am pretty bored....

• Options
    The people with the annoying registries I posted about a couple weeks ago just MAJORLY B-listed my in-laws. H and I got a save the date over a year ago and the invite a couple months ago - RSVP date was like 10 days ago (with about 40 days to go til the actual wedding). 5 days after the original RSVP date, they got an invite with a new RSVP date written in....for 3 days later. Keep in mind, this is a destination wedding for 95% of the people. So in-laws had 3 days to decided whether to attend a cross country weekday wedding with less than 3 weeks notice. We're going bc we're turning it into a vacation that we wanted to take anyway. But omg, I may not even get them a gift at this point. Other than that, SSDD.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I noticed the same thing and thought uhoh here we go again!