Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

DefConn was up on and off all night last night due to ear pain caused by congestion.  No fever, thankfully.  But still, I am tired af because he was pretty uncomfortable (even with meds).  DH slept through it all, of course.  :/ 

Yesterday, DH and I went to lunch and then went to the county assessor's office to discuss the valuation of our property.  We've filed appeals for 3 years in a row now and it's never been addressed at all.   Not a rejection or asking for further information or anything.  All the while, they keep raising the valuation on our house excessively. We recently got confirmation that is valued $100k more than I could sell it for tomorrow. 

They gave some bullshit excuse to us about moving, construction, new computers, and having to hire new staff.   They said they're getting to the multi-year appeals "soon" and she tried to spin it positively by saying, "Well, we'll send you a check with interest.  It's like a little savings account!" Uh, didn't need the county to be my 'savings' account.  Next up is call campaign of fire and if we don't get a resolution in the next few months, we're going to explore our legal options.  

A guy came in behind us who had filed an appeal 3 months ago and they told him to come back in a year.  He was aghast at that, but we were like, "yeah, try THREE YEARS, dude."  Ugh.  Fucking government.  If I tried to not pay my property taxes for 3 years, they'd have a lien on my house and probably forcibly evict us. 

Other than that, SSDD.  Just draaaaggging.  Prudie coming up. 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    DefConn was up on and off all night last night due to ear pain caused by congestion.  No fever, thankfully.  But still, I am tired af because he was pretty uncomfortable (even with meds).  DH slept through it all, of course.  :/ 

Yesterday, DH and I went to lunch and then went to the county assessor's office to discuss the valuation of our property.  We've filed appeals for 3 years in a row now and it's never been addressed at all.   Not a rejection or asking for further information or anything.  All the while, they keep raising the valuation on our house excessively. We recently got confirmation that is valued $100k more than I could sell it for tomorrow. 

They gave some bullshit excuse to us about moving, construction, new computers, and having to hire new staff.   They said they're getting to the multi-year appeals "soon" and she tried to spin it positively by saying, "Well, we'll send you a check with interest.  It's like a little savings account!" Uh, didn't need the county to be my 'savings' account.  Next up is call campaign of fire and if we don't get a resolution in the next few months, we're going to explore our legal options.  

A guy came in behind us who had filed an appeal 3 months ago and they told him to come back in a year.  He was aghast at that, but we were like, "yeah, try THREE YEARS, dude."  Ugh.  Fucking government.  If I tried to not pay my property taxes for 3 years, they'd have a lien on my house and probably forcibly evict us. 

Other than that, SSDD.  Just draaaaggging.  Prudie coming up. 
    I feel like government agencies are getting worse and worse. H had to renew his passport for the honeymoon and I told him to get it done ASAP. I don't trust anything that's going on right now - it's a shit show.  
  • Options
    Ugh that is so frustrating, mrs.conn! Taxes are completely out of control here. Ours went down a bit this year thankfully but it's still nuts.

I was out of the office in a class yesterday. Back in the office today catching up. Looking forward to my busy season!

My friends come into town tomorrow and I'm all worried about cleaning the house. Last night H did some misc. cleaning stuff while I cooked and baked. Because ain't nobody gunna be hungry staying at my house!

A TV show pilot was shot in my town about a month-ish ago. Apparently there was some sort of cameraman accident and they're coming back tomorrow and shutting down the main street through town. I hate to be "that guy" that thinks the world revolves around them and complains about minor inconveniences but this is like the worst timing. I'm going to call the city right now to see what roads are open so I can give directions to my friends. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

That is outrageous Mrsconn - I can't believe she had the nerve to be so glib with you. 

NB - those costumes are cute! I've never been a big Halloween lover but it's fun that others are so creative and enjoy it - I like seeing pics :)

Concert last night was AWESOME.  I've seen Ben Folds 3 or 4 times now and this was one of the most interesting shows - the opener was a great modern folksy trio and they also made up most of Ben's band.  There was a lot of cello and vocal harmonies which really softened up his sound but it was really cool.  I've been wanting to see Cake for years and they put on a great show! 

I have been fighting a cold all week and it's finally hit full force.  I would have stayed home today but felt like I shouldn't since I was talking about the concert at work yesterday - I didn't drink, but too easy for ppl to assume that's why I was gone. 

This week has gone really fast and I'm so looking forward to the weekend.

• Options

It's been a blah day.  I woke up feeling "off".  Now I can add "really tired" and "bad headache" to the list.

Sorry, @mrsconn23.  I hope things get resolved with the property taxes soon.  I thought it was bad where I live.  Out here, property taxes can only be disputed between August 1st-August 15th each year.  Everybody.  So you will wait in line for HOURS at City Hall.  Technically, you can also send in your dispute by mail.  But everyone knows it is much better to see an assessor, in person.  But, it at least it gets reviewed.  No hanging on for years.  That is outrageous.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    15 days for ALL of NOLA @short+sassy, I can't even imagine!
    @NBsquared2017 great costume idea! I love Halloween too.  Like really love (married Nov 1st!)

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

That mermaid costume is fantastic!

I'm tired today and DH is cranky so I can't complain about it.  I get up at 5 to work out.  He gets up at 4:30 to go to work.  Tomorrow he has to be at work by 3:30 so I'll zip it. 

I was going to run this afternoon, but I'm already dressed and ready for curriculum night at the school and I don't want to do that again.  Now I'm debating between taking a nap and going to see Crazy Rich Asians.  I kind of want to do the movie but don't want to leave the house.  Maybe I'll compromise and see what's on Amazon, pop some popcorn, and sit in the basement to watch it.

I thought Fridays were going to be nothing nights, but nope.  We get to start keeper training! sarcasm

• Options
    That really sucks @mrsconn23 I would be so frustrated. 

I’m glad your eye is feeling better @NBSquared2017! I told FI the same thing about his passport and I think I’m just going to renew mine at the same time. Our whole country is basically a dumpster fire right now. Make sure to make copies of everything you send in. I’ve heard the government has been losing paperwork excessively now. 

I’m back but exhausted. The trip was 70% good and 30% super stressful. FSIL did come up with her super annoying bf. They bickered the whole time and he’s the type of person who never shuts up and who likes to sprinkle his affronts to silence with sexist and inappropriate comments. No one helped me clean up, even when I said something, so I’m never cooking again. Screw that. 

The good parts were how beautiful everything was, the lack of people (bad for the park, great for us), and the chance to relax and read. I was able to finish a couple of books, and I haven’t been able to read “for fun” in years. I brought wine and some Brie and crackers down to the beach and it was heaven between that, the book, and the view. 

FIs parents saw a bear, a mountain lion, and a bobcat as well as other various woodland creatures. All FI and I saw were some ducks (one of which bit me randomly, lol), a skunk and some deer. Oh, and I saw a coyote. We missed all of the cool animals. 

The night before we came home, our neighbor texted us saying there was a kitten crying outside and asking if it was ours. My mom drove back over to make sure it wasn’t our fur babies. It ended up being a stray kitten who was abandoned in the engine of FIs work car. We thought maybe the mom would come get it, but 24 hours later no mom to be found and the kitten was still crying. So we fished it out and it wasn’t feral at all so now I don’t want to turn it into the pound. It’s kitten season because shitty people don’t fix their animals and then let them run around and procreate. If I send the kitten to the shelter it will most likely be euthanized and it’s too sweet for that. If it was feral this would have been an easy decision. Now I have another cat to try and adopt out. And I’m picky with my cat releases. It needs to go to an indoor only home, especially since it’s black and people in our area suck. Just look at that face  

Anyways, sorry for the novel. I’ve been in approval hell for over a week. 

• Options
    damn straight that view @levioosa.  Wowza.  I can see myself with cheese and crackers and wine and a book.  I LOVE black cats.  Every so often I toy with getting one, but I travel a lot and really hate litter boxes.  So it always ends up with my brain telling me that.  The dog we have now will be our last pet.  Our schedules (mostly H's) are to unstructured for kids and pets.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Aww the black kitty face.  My last cat was black- 17 years- and we have a black one now.

The photos are GORGEOUS!

• Options

@levioosa, Kitten!  I hope you find a good home for him/her.  It is a such a little cutie.

Our local shelters won't allow black cats to be adopted during Oct.  I've heard most shelters have a similar policy.  Because people suck and will use them as "props" for their Halloween party and then return them to the shelter, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2018
    I just had an @6fsn situation with my doctor's office. 

I found out that they had not given the kiddo a vaccination he needs for Sr year.  Apparently, it's a new requirement this year. I get a call from the school and they have to have proof of the first round OR an appt to get his vaccination in the near future or else he'll be banned from going to school.   

I call the doctor's office to schedule the vaccination and they say he needs to have a well-child visit in order to get it (basically holding this annual check-up over my head, which is really fucking annoying since this vaccination should have happened in April).  I make the appt and then I say, "I need proof of this appt so my kid won't be kicked out of school."  So back to the nurses line I go.  I leave detailed message about how I made the appt and that I need this proof to send to the school.  They call me back and leave a message saying, "You need to make an appt." 

O. M. G.  

I finally got it worked out, but this wasted a lot of fucking time today.  And this is the third day in a row of just time-wasting frustration (the crap with my mom's treatment and the property tax bullshit).  I am done with dumb fuckery this week.  I tap out. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    I just had an @6fsn situation with my doctor's office. 

I found out that they had not given the kiddo a vaccination he needs for Sr year.  Apparently, it's a new requirement this year. I get a call from the school and they have to have proof of the first round OR an appt to get his vaccination in the near future or else he'll be banned from going to school.   

I call the doctor's office to schedule the vaccination and they say he needs to have a well-child visit in order to get it (basically holding this annual check-up over my head, which is really fucking annoying since this vaccination should have happened in April).  I make the appt and then I say, "I need proof of this appt so my kid won't be kicked out of school."  So back to the nurses line I go.  I leave detailed message about how I made the appt and that I need this proof to send to the school.  They call me back and leave a message saying, "You need to make an appt." 

O. M. G.  

I finally got it worked out, but this wasted a lot of fucking time today.  And this is the third day in a row of just time-wasting frustration (the crap with my mom's treatment and the property tax bullshit).  I am done with dumb fuckery this week.  I tap out. 

Yeesh, I agree!  You've had more than your share of annoying b.s. lately and the Fates need to lay off.

Is it something in the air?

I never have trouble with my credit cards, but have had a major issue come up with TWO different cards over the last few weeks.  Both problems were due to an error on the 'cc company's part.  I've spent hours on the phone.  Neither one is resolved yet.  They are both still being "researched" and "worked on", smh.  Totally different cards, companies, and problems.  It's completely bizarre it is happening at the same time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@levioosa, Kitten!  I hope you find a good home for him/her.  It is a such a little cutie.

Our local shelters won't allow black cats to be adopted during Oct.  I've heard most shelters have a similar policy.  Because people suck and will use them as "props" for their Halloween party and then return them to the shelter, smh.

That's the Disney version of why I heard ours wont adopt out in October :( 

• Options
    Nothing much to add, more just seeing if i can post yet...

• Options
    Still waiting to post

• Options
    Testing - still haven't been able to post.