Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

I don't know why but I like Tuesdays. Monday's over, tomorrow is already halfway through the week!

The windows in our house aren't low enough for the dog to look out. We have those long narrow windows next to the front door and she looks out those, but I feel bad that she can't look out windows. So I ordered one of those benches that rich people have at the foot of their beds. It's coming tomorrow and I'm super excited. She's never been allowed on any furniture so I wonder how she'll like it and if she'll use it. 

Other than that, SSDD! Weather is awesome here this week so we're grilling tonight and tomorrow. Trying to grill as much as we can before we need boots and coats to grill!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Tuesday!

• For some reason I'm exhausted today.  I'm cleaning up some correspondence I've been ignoring then Max and I are going to the dentist and maybe out to lunch.  I need to drop off some donations too.

I am in a complete and total dinner rut.  Maybe we'll grill tomorrow.  Except tomorrow is our crazy night.  Who am I kidding every night will be crazy until November.  Maybe I'll look for a new chicken crockpot dinner.

• No way, man, Tuesdays' blow.  It used to be good with the 5.50 fill up cup and $5 amc movies but then they took the 5.50 promo away and we are A-listers and don't need to go on Tuesday's anymore lol.

@6fsn, omaha steaks have REALLY been helping me with easy dinners.  Food is great and they have fish sticks and chicken fingers you can throw into the air fryer (or oven) and are far better than the grocery store brands, they have one skillet meals and even crockpot meals (haven't tried that yet).

I think I may avoid FB today (and I will admit, Im a fb addict).  The news feed is making me cry. 

I haven't lost a pound since August 2nd. I joined weight watchers online today, hoping points will be easier than calorie counting.  I joined AFTER my breakfast and found out it's 3 points for a measly tablespoon of peanut butter! (which I eat by the spoonful ALL THE TIME)

• edited September 2018
    I had a gyno appt last night, and I have to share what he told me about breasts exams, because I did not know this. 

When doing a breasts exam, you should also be feeling for lumps along your collar bone in addition to your armpits and breasts. He said to do it twice per month, including during your period. I truly had no idea. 

My great aunt lives in Sunset Beach, NC and is an evacuation zone. We're trying to get a hold of her, but she's not answering. Her and my uncle are in their 80s, so I'm worried. 

Also, has anyone else read about the Cynthia Nixon lox controversy? I would totally eat lox on a cinnamon raisin bagel. I would say I don't know why people are freaking out, but it's NY and that's what we do. 
  • Yesterday was the last day of my whole 30 challenge and this morning I had raisin toast with PB and Jam and it was maybe the best thing I've eating in my whole life. Overall, i'm happy with how I did - there were a few times for work that I was not able to be 100% compliant but chose healthier options. Oher than that, I really enjoyed it and learned how to use a few new ingredients and discovered a few healthier snacks that I enjoy. I did weight watchers online for a few months at the beginning of the year and could not believe how high in points some little things like PB were!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2018

@CharmedPam- last time I looked at Omaha steaks they were pricey to feed my family, but maybe I'll look again.  I keep toying with a meal service, but they never quite fit our needs.

Interesting @climbingwife.  I've never checked there.  My brother has a condo on the beach, but he's about an hour inland.  SIL is in Colorado this week so she's fine, but due his job he never evacuates.

• No way, man, Tuesdays' blow.  It used to be good with the 5.50 fill up cup and $5 amc movies but then they took the 5.50 promo away and we are A-listers and don't need to go on Tuesday's anymore lol.

@6fsn, omaha steaks have REALLY been helping me with easy dinners.  Food is great and they have fish sticks and chicken fingers you can throw into the air fryer (or oven) and are far better than the grocery store brands, they have one skillet meals and even crockpot meals (haven't tried that yet).

I think I may avoid FB today (and I will admit, Im a fb addict).  The news feed is making me cry. 

I haven't lost a pound since August 2nd. I joined weight watchers online today, hoping points will be easier than calorie counting.  I joined AFTER my breakfast and found out it's 3 points for a measly tablespoon of peanut butter! (which I eat by the spoonful ALL THE TIME)
    Oh, I love me some WW so if you want any info or advice, let me know!!

I will tell you that the first few months when you see how many points foods that you thought were "good" are, are devastating. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @6fsn, oh it is costly! I only buy when they have sales.  They are having a 50% off (with some good door busters) this weekend if you have a brick and mortar you could go to?

Thanks @shessocold, I will probably have questions along the way!

@climbingwife, oddly enough I have my annual tomorrow.  I didn't know that about the collar bones!

• There is a brick and mortar nearby......
  • I stayed up late to watch the game – I am so tired.

This weather is my favorite!! I am so excited for cooler temps.

All of our components for our Halloween costumes came in! I will be working on them for the next few weeks.

Other than that I’m pretty boring today. 

• @climbingwife I wouldn't order it that way.  However, I only like plain bagels.  weird, I know, but that's how I am.  I'll put all sorts of different things on it, including lox, but I really don't like the actual bread flavored in any manner.  I can see people being passionate about their bagel and lox in NY. 

I was dx'd with PMDD a loooooong time ago.  Through a long journey, I discovered the only thing that gave me relief was a herbal supplement called chasteberry.  I'm into modern medicine; research on this supplement is basically they know it reduces the production of progesterone, thus reducing PMS symptoms, they just can't figure out the mechanism of how it does it.  Well, it's kind of a PITA ass to get in my small city; only one specialty "Whole Foods"-esque type places carries it and only usually one brand.  I order online b/c I can get the brand I want and its cheaper.  Just through being too danged busy, I had fallen off this about 4-6 months ago.  I think that has been the cause of all of my stress and depression for the last 2 months; I'm caught back up in PMDD cycles.  So, I've had the supplement back for about a 2 weeks now and the relief is noticeable already.  I hate that I obviously need this for management, but I also don't GAF, b/c I like feeling "normal" as I get.  

Had a talk with ED last night and we've kind of worked out a game plan for me stepping back and staying involved.  She's completely supportive, which I appreciate and also told me if I needed to resign to do what I needed to do, as long as we stayed friends.  So that was nice to hear.  I am off of Pride though, that's official, though i will stay for advise and help for whatever plan we create for moving forward.

• The collar bones are because you have lymph nodes there too. Oddly enough, self breast exams aren’t officially recommended by ACOG, which is more bullshit in women’s health. Wouldn’t want the woman to overreact if she feels a lump! 

Clinic today. FI is having friends over for game night, which means I’ll have time to work on a paper tonight. Tomorrow is going to be another rough day at school so I also have to try to study all the things my teacher will be grilling us on instead of teaching us. This week feels really long for some reason. 

If any Knotties are In the danger zone for the hurricane, I’m sending you good vibes! 

• @climbingwife I saw that and it was compared to De Blasio forking his pizza.   I am not a fan of the combo but hey - to each his/her own!   FWIW, I don't like lox or capers or cream cheese.   I like my bagels with butter.   

Chiquita looked at her calendar last night and it said that today was Patriot Day.   I think this isn't the year that she gets the full 9/11 story but at some point I do want to take her to ground zero so she can begin to understand how it's something that is felt not just across the nation but intimately in towns throughout our state. 

On a different note, I am attempting to work with a sticky number pad.   Yesterday I tried to drink my coffee through my keyboard.   I don't recommend it.

• @climbingwife that's really good info on the self exam! I had no idea!!

Also re: lox on a cinnamon raisin bagel: no no no definitely not. I love me some lox, but the lox with cinnamon and/or raisins just does not strike me as a delicious combo. Yes to lox on any other kind of bagel - especially egg (my favorite). I would even put lox on a honey wheat or even a cranberry bagel. But no way to cinnamon raisin. 

And now I sound like I should be in a Dr. Seuss book. I would not could not in a box. 

I have the worst migraine today and it's giving me auras just in front of my left eye. Luckily I don't have any meetings until a call at 4:30, so I can limit my interaction with other humans. 
  • ya'll just making me want a bagel. 

• My college had the best bagel shop.  A million and one combinations all steamed together into ooey gooey goodness.  The menu is even better today

http://bagelanddelishop.weebly.com/menu.html

I need a road trip

• banana468 said:
    @climbingwife I saw that and it was compared to De Blasio forking his pizza.   I am not a fan of the combo but hey - to each his/her own!   FWIW, I don't like lox or capers or cream cheese.   I like my bagels with butter.   

Chiquita looked at her calendar last night and it said that today was Patriot Day.   I think this isn't the year that she gets the full 9/11 story but at some point I do want to take her to ground zero so she can begin to understand how it's something that is felt not just across the nation but intimately in towns throughout our state. 

On a different note, I am attempting to work with a sticky number pad.   Yesterday I tried to drink my coffee through my keyboard.   I don't recommend it.

I read a few articles that were comparing the two as well! 

I love lox and cream cheese and capers. I would eat that every day if I could. I feel like out of desperation, I might have put all of that on a CR bagel before. But it ended up being good. 

Peanut butter is WW kryptonite
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018

@ShesSoCold, my H and I used to live in this AWESOME house, really it was a mansion, built in 1850.  At some point in time, it had been subdivided up into 3 units.  We lived in the bottom floor unit at the front of the house.  One of my favorite architectural features were these 14' high windows.  The ceilings were 16' high and these windows opened from the ground to just a couple feet shy of the ceiling.  They had hardware on them where you could open them halfway and leave them raised.  A "door" to the front porch and/or just have a lot of fresh air coming into the house.  Anyway, our cat spent half her time lounging on the floor in front of them, lol.  I'm sure it was cat heaven.  She could both sit on the floor and look outside, all at the same time, lol.

At our current house, the cat has a cat condo next to one of our windows.  But the only "windows" our dog can look out of are the French doors in our bedroom, which open to the backyard.  The only time she hangs out there, though, is if there are squirrels scampering on our deck rails.  She is utterly fascinated with squirrels, lol.

@climbingwife, I hope your great aunt and uncle.  That is worrisome you all can't get in touch with them.  That is a very scary storm heading to the Carolinas.  It's awful to know that coastline is about to be devastated, but we are helpless to do anything about it.  I just pray everyone evacuates.

@Casadena, congrats on completing Whole30!

Not much going on for me today.  Our dinner last night was great.  I had shrimp and mango tacos with a sauce that was a combo of Siracha and Mexican crema.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think lox is disgusting so it doesn't matter what type of bagel it's on. Smoked fish is awful too. Maybe it's more a texture thing because I love most fish.
  • Peanut butter is WW kryptonite
    I just found out about legendary foods peanut butter too.  Apple pie, pecan pie, blueberry cinnamon roll flavors to name a few!  Maybe I'll focus on 0 point foods throughout the day and use my 31 pts all for peanut butter?

@climbingwife, I hope your great aunt and uncle.  That is worrisome you all can't get in touch with them.  That is a very scary storm heading to the Carolinas.  It's awful to know that coastline is about to be devastated, but we are helpless to do anything about it.  I just pray everyone evacuates.

It truly is devastating to know the damage this can do to the beautiful coasts and beaches, houses and communities :( 

• Oh S&S that sounds awesome! I typically hate old houses and the "charm" that everyone loves but I do love a big window! 

In our old apartment, the windows were just low enough that Edna could sit and rest her chin on the windowsill and watch the world go by. We'd keep all our blinds open just a couple inches for her. It was so cute to come home and see her little face there in the window.

We have a TON of rabbits and chipmunks and shit in the yard so she'll probably like her little bench. If not, well, we have a bench! LOL 

Peanut butter is WW kryptonite

That's a shame!  Sure, it is high in fat and calories, but is a really healthy food.  It's nutritionally dense and full of protein.  If I feel like I'm dragging, a scoop of peanut butter will perk me up and give me more energy.

I love lox.  I could eat it on just about anything, including a cinnamon-raisin bagel.  I think I've even done it a couple times, when that was the only type of bagel I had in the house.  Though, if I have other options, cinnamon-raisin is not what I would grab.

Perhaps this is even more blasphemous to a NYer, but I've also eaten lox many times without a bagel at all.  I'm not a big bread person so, sometimes, I'm just not in the mood.  But I still put all the accompaniments on the plate.  A couple dollops of cream cheese, red onion, capers, etc.  And will get everything on my forkful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh S&S that sounds awesome! I typically hate old houses and the "charm" that everyone loves but I do love a big window! 

In our old apartment, the windows were just low enough that Edna could sit and rest her chin on the windowsill and watch the world go by. We'd keep all our blinds open just a couple inches for her. It was so cute to come home and see her little face there in the window.

We have a TON of rabbits and chipmunks and shit in the yard so she'll probably like her little bench. If not, well, we have a bench! LOL 

It is my all-time favorite place I have ever lived.  It was a stunner.  The ceiling had original, hand carved moldings.  Every room had one of those giant, crystal chandeliers.  The two front rooms could flow together, which is what we did, or there were enormous pocket doors...almost as high as the ceiling and as wide as the room...that could separate them.

Unfortunately, after we'd lived there for about two years, the owner needed to reinforce the shoring (something like that)...the house was raised about a foot off the ground...and our unit would be uninhabitable while that work was going on.  We might still be living there if it wasn't for that, lol.

As a crazy aside, we moved from that house to the new place we were renting, the weekend before Hurricane Katrina hit.  Fortunately, neither that house nor the house we had moved to flooded.  We stopped by to visit our former landlady a few months later and find out how she was doing and how the house had fared.  We also joked that she must have had one of the only useable refrigerators in the city, because we had just cleaned it out.  She laughed and said it was such a lifesaver.  Her (she lived in the upstairs unit) and the other tenant had shared it, until she was able to replace the others.  Refrigerators sold out fast and were hard to come by for a long time.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam is PB2 fewer points? It’s powered so probably won’t work for a lot of things, but I love it and this it tastes just the same. But I’m usually putting it in a shake. 

Im cranky today. My leg still hurts, the anti-inflammatories they gave me make me sleepy and thirsty so I’m hobbling to the bathroom like every half hour, which makes my leg hurt. 

But other than that things are same old, same old. 
  • @CharmedPam is PB2 fewer points? It’s powered so probably won’t work for a lot of things, but I love it and this it tastes just the same. But I’m usually putting it in a shake. 

Im cranky today. My leg still hurts, the anti-inflammatories they gave me make me sleepy and thirsty so I’m hobbling to the bathroom like every half hour, which makes my leg hurt. 

PB2 is only 1 point for 2 tbsp. But it is NOT GOOD (IMO) to just eat as peanut butter. 

And there's some brand...Walden Farms, I think, that makes all these zero calorie, zero everything foods and salad dressings. Their peanut butter is absolutely disgusting. It might be the grossest thing I have ever put in my mouth. Ugh I can still taste it. Don't be fooled by that shit!

PB2 is only 1 point for 2 tbsp. But it is NOT GOOD (IMO) to just eat as peanut butter. 

And there's some brand...Walden Farms, I think, that makes all these zero calorie, zero everything foods and salad dressings. Their peanut butter is absolutely disgusting. It might be the grossest thing I have ever put in my mouth. Ugh I can still taste it. Don't be fooled by that shit!
    I don't think I can recommend one Walden Farm product.  Isn't it all chemical anyway?  

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2018
    @CharmedPam is PB2 fewer points? It’s powered so probably won’t work for a lot of things, but I love it and this it tastes just the same. But I’m usually putting it in a shake. 
    Yeah, I only like PB2 in smoothies.  I think we tried mixing it in vanilla ice cream once and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either (it was a little crunchy feeling).  I think it'd probably be okay if it was blended in an ice cream shake though.

ETA:  But that's not really "healthy".  :D

I don't think I can recommend one Walden Farm product.  Isn't it all chemical anyway?  
    I think so. I got sucked in by it all being zero points. The salad dressings I tried were pretty gross too. 

Oh, if you're a salad eater - Olive Garden has a light salad dressing in grocery stores that's one point for 2 tablespoons. Super good. 
  • I think so. I got sucked in by it all being zero points. The salad dressings I tried were pretty gross too. 

Oh, if you're a salad eater - Olive Garden has a light salad dressing in grocery stores that's one point for 2 tablespoons. Super good. 
    So I actually joined because my co worker is on WW.  We get groceries delivered here for work and I think she actually put that one on the list!  Is the salad in the restaurant that low in points? I love an OG salad. 

I do like salads, but not from a bag or homemade.  I will use the dressing when I purchase one from the cafeteria or something.

I will probably put some pb2 fit in my morning smoothies (chocolate banana).  But yeah, it's not the same as real peanut or almond butter.  I need to eat the stuff :)