Knottie Tech Help
Options

bridesmaids staying in hotel night before a requirement?

My friend is getting married in a few months and just let us know she got a hotel room for the night before and we are required to stay there with her. I’m frustrated as a few of us are married, bringing our husbands from out of town and would like to stay with them. Is it rude to politely decline? My first year anniversary is also the day after and I’d rather make sure I’m not exhausted the next day. 

I get it’s fun to stay with all your friends the night before but I don’t think it should be required?

Re: bridesmaids staying in hotel night before a requirement?

• Options
    You are not required to do this and the bride shouldn't insist on it. 
  • Options
    My friend is getting married in a few months and just let us know she got a hotel room for the night before and we are required to stay there with her. I’m frustrated as a few of us are married, bringing our husbands from out of town and would like to stay with them. Is it rude to politely decline? My first year anniversary is also the day after and I’d rather make sure I’m not exhausted the next day. 

I get it’s fun to stay with all your friends the night before but I don’t think it should be required?
    Unless you are a minor child and this is your parent or guardian, NO ONE can tell you where to sleep.

"I'm sorry, friend.  I will be sleeping with my husband the night before the wedding.  At what time, and where, do you need me the day of the wedding?"

Welcome to The Knot.  You have posted on the technology board.  Your comment/question would be better received on a board more appropriate to your content, such as Wedding Party.  You will get much more support there from the community. Feel free to copy and paste your post there.  Just put (XP) in the title so members will see it as a duplicate post and not respond twice.   I can guarantee you no one will agree with the bride.
  • Options
    Oh hell no. I would not be spending the night in a hotel room with other women when I can have hotel room sex with my husband. #sorrynotsorry but that’s a dealbreaker. 

Use @ShesSoCold’s language above if you want to be polite, but firm. Or mine and she might realize how ridiculous she’s being. 
  • Options
    That's ridiculous. She can't require you to stay. Just politely decline. 
  • Options
    This happened last fall when I was a bridesmaid. The wedding site was 3 hours away and we all had SOs we were going to bring and they were "not invited" to stay. I politely declined. The bride was slightly irritated with us, but it ended up being whatever. 
  • Options
    Yeah, that's stupid - she can't "require" you to do anything. If you want to stay, by all means do, but if not, just say no.