Wedding Woes
Options

Monday Knot Football 2.0??

Re: Monday Knot Football 2.0??

• Options
    @NBSquared2017 and @MRDCle, :O @ the Cleveland Browns!  Way to start the season and prove everyone wrong, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017 and @MRDCle, :O @ the Cleveland Browns!  Way to start the season and prove everyone wrong, lol.
    H was pissed about that game. 

The Bills game was super depressing from the start. 
  • Options
    Even when we win..we lose?! Unbelievable. Especially since we had so many opportunities to win. WTH 
  • Options
    We were watching the end of that Browns game and then when they went into OT, they cut it off due to "contractual obligations". We were PISSED.

We don't have the Sunday ticket anymore, so we went to a sports bar to watch the Chiefs game at 3:00. They were watching tennis. They don't have the Sunday ticket. You don't get to call yourself a sports bar if you don't have the Sunday Ticket. 

So, the Cubs this year, have this slogan, "That's cub". Like, busting ass and winning - that's cub. Using your day off to give gifts at the children's hospital - that's cub. 

We decided yesterday that we're going to use "That's Browns" as the opposite. The SPORTS bar not having the Sunday ticket, that's browns. The Bears shitting themselves in the second half, that was pretty Browns. 

(I do not mean this in any way to say that Browns don't do charitable things or anything like that, JIC)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    We were watching the end of that Browns game and then when they went into OT, they cut it off due to "contractual obligations". We were PISSED.

We don't have the Sunday ticket anymore, so we went to a sports bar to watch the Chiefs game at 3:00. They were watching tennis. They don't have the Sunday ticket. You don't get to call yourself a sports bar if you don't have the Sunday Ticket. 

So, the Cubs this year, have this slogan, "That's cub". Like, busting ass and winning - that's cub. Using your day off to give gifts at the children's hospital - that's cub. 

We decided yesterday that we're going to use "That's Browns" as the opposite. The SPORTS bar not having the Sunday ticket, that's browns. The Bears shitting themselves in the second half, that was pretty Browns. 

(I do not mean this in any way to say that Browns don't do charitable things or anything like that, JIC)
    It was such a weird feeling in the stadium. We were not mad, but also not happy. It felt horrible!!
  • Options

It was such a weird feeling in the stadium. We were not mad, but also not happy. It felt horrible!!
    Oh I can't imagine!! The heartbreak and emotional roller coaster of the scoring and then the OT and everything! The emotional roller coaster of the Bears the last couple years for me is THE.WORST. You're standing there thinking, 'These sons of bitches might actually win this." But they don't. LOL

I don't know anyone who isn't rooting for the Browns anymore. How could you not?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

We call this “Bills-ing” in Buffalo. As in you get coffee for the entire office then drop it on the way in? You’re Bills-ing.
  • Options

I can't believe this is still about football. 

DH turned on the Brown's game.  We watched some, left for a soccer game, came home, took a nap, and it was STILL on. 

• Options
    My friend (a Bill's fan) texted me about the Browns game. I replied with "It's so Cleveland. Didn't lose, but we still haven't won since 2016."

Fun fact, Ben Rothlesberger (idk how to spell it and idc) has the most wins of any QB at the Browns Stadium. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    My friend (a Bill's fan) texted me about the Browns game. I replied with "It's so Cleveland. Didn't lose, but we still haven't won since 2016."

Fun fact, Ben Rothlesberger (idk how to spell it and idc) has the most wins of any QB at the Browns Stadium. 
    Okay that made me laugh out loud. I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    MRDCle said:

@MRDCle we went to GV a few weeks ago and grabbed some shirts - i did not see this one and now I'm sad I did not ha ha
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018
    My husband basically had a full-blown tantrum because A.) the Lions played like shit B.) I scored more fantasy points than him (we play in a husband/wives league). 
  • Options
    @nbsquared2017 we have SO MUCH GVart clothing at our house haha. I'm really eyeing a new sweatshirt but I'm afraid I'll be too pregnant this winter to enjoy a cool new sweatshirt. 
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity makes NFL maternity shirts. And if you're like me you still wear it nearly 2 years post-partum because it doesn't really look maternity
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Motherhood Maternity makes NFL maternity shirts. And if you're like me you still wear it nearly 2 years post-partum because it doesn't really look maternity
    I still wear some of my maternity clothes!  :#
  • Options
    Oh, wow, congrats, MRD!!! 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    kvruns said:

No shame, no shame!  I've never been pregnant and have a few maternity items I wear, lol.  I used to regularly do mystery shops for a national maternity store.  It paid a $12 fee, plus a $25 reimbursement for my required purchase.

I have a favorite dress that came from one of those shops.  It's a gorgeous coral color and looks great on me.  If you're a Sherlock Holmes level type of observer and the angle is perfect, you can just detect there is a slight poof in the mid-section area, lol.

I also accidentally bought a denim maternity skirt on clearance at Target.  I loved it, because it had an unusual A-line, instead of being the typical straight.  But I was always a little puzzled there was a small section of elastic on each side of the skirt, but nowhere else.  I must have worn that thing 100 times before I finally noticed one day that the tag on the inside had the word "maternity" on it.  I just about died laughing.  The mystery of the side elastic was solved!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    eileenrob said:
    kvruns said:
    We just found out Monday that it's twins, so I'm sure after this pregnancy I'll be in mat clothes for a lonnnnng long time. Took me 15 months to lose the weight from ONE kid, ha.

Awesome, congrats!  What exciting news!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    eileenrob said:
    kvruns said:
    We just found out Monday that it's twins, so I'm sure after this pregnancy I'll be in mat clothes for a lonnnnng long time. Took me 15 months to lose the weight from ONE kid, ha.
    Congrats!  My younger two are twins, let me know if you have any twin questions.  
  • Options
    Wow congrats @MRDCle!!
  • Options
    Congrats @mrdcle!!!! 
  • Options
    Le’veon Bell better not show up now that I picked up Connor. 
  • Options
    Can you drop another Carson Wentz-esque player that I could grab?  ;) I’ve been looking at my team all day I need to make some moves too.  I kind of want to drop Mariota for Darnold as my bench QB but I’m worried Marcus will then score like 25 pts a week.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! @eileenrob I may take you up on that. I am SO overwhelmed right now.
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Can you drop another Carson Wentz-esque player that I could grab?  ;) I’ve been looking at my team all day I need to make some moves too.  I kind of want to drop Mariota for Darnold as my bench QB but I’m worried Marcus will then score like 25 pts a week.
    Haha my one and only quarter back is Andrew Luck. Not exactly a solid, dependable choice. 
  • Options
    I’m a Colts fan and No way I’d have drafted Andrew Luck lol. Though I do think he had a decent opening game 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I’m a Colts fan and No way I’d have drafted Andrew Luck lol. Though I do think he had a decent opening game 
    It did feel different from last year, but we did our familiar thing of fucking up our lead in the second half.  I'm hoping some of the kinks/growing pains can be sorted out sooner than later.  But I am super happy to have Luck back under center.  Last season was a long and sad one...the one before wasn't much better.  We took the kids to the KC game in 2016 and it was painful being in the stadium once the game was a goner.   :/ 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Haha. I’m hoping he’ll be a consistent high-floor QB. If he stays healthy. Which is a big if, right?