Snarky Brides

Don't Like Engagement Ring

Re: Don't Like Engagement Ring

• I had mine reset, my husband got it second hand and it was just the opposite of my style. Now I love my ring, because it's simple and white gold instead of blingy and yellow gold. 
  • Be aware, should you choose to have kids, the chances of your finger staying the same size are minimal, so may need a different ring then.  I personally love my original, the problem is that it would lose structural integrity to have it resized as much as needs to be done (I can wear it comfortably on my pinky finger).  Ultimately I ended up with what I refer to them as "Bling Rings" that are CZ but the metal part is real so no worries of my finger turning colors.  At the end of the day, liking/disliking the ring isn't something to get worked up over and depending on where he purchased it from you may be able to get it reset or switched for a ring of same value.  Some don't even wear their rings because their profession won't allow it (food service, nursing, etc.), the ring doesn't equal the marriage/engagement.  

Good luck deciding how to proceed! 
  • MesmrEwe said:
    Be aware, should you choose to have kids, the chances of your finger staying the same size are minimal, so may need a different ring then.  I personally love my original, the problem is that it would lose structural integrity to have it resized as much as needs to be done (I can wear it comfortably on my pinky finger).  Ultimately I ended up with what I refer to them as "Bling Rings" that are CZ but the metal part is real so no worries of my finger turning colors.  At the end of the day, liking/disliking the ring isn't something to get worked up over and depending on where he purchased it from you may be able to get it reset or switched for a ring of same value.  Some don't even wear their rings because their profession won't allow it (food service, nursing, etc.), the ring doesn't equal the marriage/engagement.  

Good luck deciding how to proceed! 
    This would describe me.  I never really wanted an engagement ring because I just don't wear much jewelry.  My husband really wanted to be traditional.  I wore it the first few years.

I was working with infants and just hated when my setting would snag their brand new little sleepers!  For our fifth wedding anniversary, I asked for a simple gold band.  I almost never wore my original set after that.  Over the years, I would "change" some rings based on my outfit and not even wear the gold band some days/weeks.  Now, in my "golden years", I often don't wear any rings at all.

• My fiance and I picked mine out together to prevent that. If we were going to invest that much money into something that I am going to wear everyday for the rest of my life, we figured I should at least like it. I'd suggest talking to your partner in advance about types of rings you would want. If he has already purchased it, maybe he can return it or have it reset to your tastes. 
  • Anyone not like their ring?
    I didn't not LIKE my ring, but at first, it was not something I would have picked out myself. It was a family ring that my FIL had made back in the 70s. However, I will say that I grew to love it, and how different it was. 

I don't wear my e ring all that often now. I just wear my band, and wear the e ring on special occasions. 

What do you not like about the ring? 
  • Anyone not like their ring?
    I didn't not LIKE my ring, but at first, it was not something I would have picked out myself. It was a family ring that my FIL had made back in the 70s. However, I will say that I grew to love it, and how different it was. 

I don't wear my e ring all that often now. I just wear my band, and wear the e ring on special occasions. 

What do you not like about the ring? 
    I only wear my e ring when I’m dressed up and wearing other jewelry too, which is rare.  Just my wedding band most days.  

Is what you dislike something you can change (like the setting)?  If so, go for it.
  • I didn't like my e ring, so when we picked out wedding rings I got something that was more more style.  I was never going to wear two rings anyways, so probably didn't really need an e ring in the first place.  Hindsight is 20/20 - should have just told hubby that at the time!