Attire & Accessories Forum

Crinoline under sheath??

hi everyone, 
my dress is considered a sheath, and I’m feeling like I want it to have a fuller skirt. I’ve attached a picture of a very similar dress to mine. Has anyone tried putting a crinoline under this type of dress? I have lots of length and the dress is too big, so I technically have room to fit one under it! 

Re: Crinoline under sheath??

• My dress was long and fitted and I added a crinoline. My seamstress sewed it in near the upper thigh so it wouldn’t show in the fitted bodice. What kind of lining does it have? If there is enough structure to the lining it should be fairly easy to add. 

• Honestly, I'd consider that more of an a-line, and I think it would handle a crinoline fine. It might look better, in fact, because it will keep the dress from going between your legs when you walk. 
  • I love your dress! I think a seamstress or dressmaker could easily add especially since you have the extra length. Crinoline doesn't have to be super poufy and even a few layers could add some depth.
  • Your dress is beautiful and I agree with PP that crinoline could add depth.

And @charlotte989875 !!! Where are all the emojis when I need them?! Stunning!
  • eileenrob said:
    Your dress is beautiful and I agree with PP that crinoline could add depth.

And @charlotte989875 !!! Where are all the emojis when I need them?! Stunning!
    Thank you!! I don’t think I ever posted pictures from our wedding since I wasn’t as active back then. 
  • I'd say go ahead and try one with it (they're cheap on Amazon or Light in the Box - though be aware you'll need to iron/steam it to get it to the fullness it is suppose to be - which is super easy to DIY!)..  The worst that'll happen is if you're at the bridal shop you'll decide you like the look as-is without it or if you order one, you'll be out $20..  
  • Thank you! I was honestly surprised when I got home and read it was a sheath, I thought it was an a-line too!!