Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

The Bills won!! Amazing half of football and I’m still excited. 

I also got most of the living room and parlor room painted. I’m feeling very productive. 

But seriously the Kavanaugh thing, and now Rosenstein is bringing me down. 

How was everyones weekend?

Re: Monday!

• Options
    ha I just posted asking where everyone was!  Good job on the painting.  I hate painting.  I hire people for that.

Friday I went to a meet-up for board games and turned out to be REALLY fun and glad I went.  On my way out, I found a penny with the Lincoln head up.  Picked up my parents from the airport and we met up with some friends for drinks.  I ended up winning $25 on the slots.  I NEVER WIN!!! So I stopped playing when I did win.  It's all about when to end.

Saturday was a bunch of lunches/dinners with friends

Sunday was the baptism.  We did have movie tickets purchased for the 2.5 hour gap but at 11 got a call from my SIL to go over to her mom's house for apps/mimosas which we accepted.  It wasn't a gap for most people.  10 close family members showed up for the baptism and 45 friends/family for the dinner.  My parents were the only out of towner's.  But I'm a godmother now and that's the important part!

• Options
    Does anyone know if Nothing Bundt cakes does a free birthday reward? I thought they did but I haven't seen an email yet, I was looking forward to trying it
  • Options
    You're place looks AMAZING @VarunaTT.  Glad you two are coming together to make it your own.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I love those chairs, @VarunaTT!!

This weekend was challenging. Saturday was the 1st birthday party for a friend of Babypants' (who is also the younger daughter of close friends of ours). It was fun, but not structured well. They had activities planned for the kiddos, but after 2.5 hours of being at the party, Babypants was hitting her limit since it was past her afternoon naptime - and there still wasn't any sign of the kiddo activities or birthday cake. 

Then at midnight on Saturday Babypants woke up completely inconsolable. I had only been asleep for about 45 minutes at that point, and I wasn't able to get her back to sleep until almost 2am. Needless to say, I am still exhausted! 

ETA: That attack ad must be so surreal, @mrsmitten! I'm sorry it even exists! But that's hilarious that you are trolling them back. 
  • Options

Saints barely beat the Falcons in the last few seconds of OT on Sun.  Woot!  That is a big rivalry.  Mellow weekend, overall.

On Sun., we went over to one of our rentals, so my H could fix a broken window.  We LOVE the tenants there and the guy was home.  They're young and just starting out in life.  But are so hardworking and ambitious.  He was so sweet and excited to see me.  We were chit-chatting and caught up with each other.  Though, I did get the bad news that they are thinking about moving to CO in about 6 months :(.

We had the craziest lost dog incident on Sun. (not ours):

When we were walking out of our house to head over to our rental, a brown lab with a collar happened to be walking past our house.  Poor guy!  He was an older dog who looked lost, hot, and tired.  We lured him over and he was a big, friendly sweetie.  We found out from the tag that his name was Tonka.  We called and texted the phone number but, no response from anyone.

We weren't really sure what to do and finally decided to just give him some water and food, in the hopes that would keep him in our front yard for a little while longer (it is ungated).  We texted back our address with that info.  About 40 minutes later, we got a text back thanking us.

To our surprise, when we returned home almost two hours later, Tonka was still hanging out in our front yard!  We gave him more water and my H called the number again.  And left a message that their dog was still there and they really needed to come pick him up.  WTF, with people!?!  Supposedly, it was the wife's number and she was in Atlanta.  But her H had said he had come by our house earlier and Tonka wasn't there (I doubt that).  My H told her we could temporarily keep him secured in our backyard, as long as the husband was coming over soon.  She said she would try to get him over asap, but he was busy watching the Saints game and might not come until after it was over.  GTFO.  Who does that?!?!  It was towards the end of the 2nd Quarter and my H told her that was too long to babysit their dog.  And we would have to call the pound or put him back in the front yard, if the pound was going to take too long.  Her H did come a short time later.  About halfway through halftime.

I don't get it!  That is some kind of gall.  I would be bawling my eyes out if my dog were missing.  I would be running over the second I got a call that someone had my dog.  And kiss the ground those people walked on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    That is so ballsy @short+sassy. Some people just think the world should revolve around them. There’s no way in hell I’d leave my animal until it was more convenient. If I was drunk I’d be taking an Uber back home. 

@VarunaTT I really like the dining table and chairs! 

This weekend was pretty good. I got canceled on Saturday and it made me so happy. Sunday FI and I spent some much needed quality time together. I think we really needed it. 

The Kavanaugh thing is really getting me down. I feel like his confirmation is inevitable and I can’t decide if that makes me more angry or defeated.  Christine Blasey Ford has had to go into hiding due to death threats and the GOP has made no effort in hiding how little they care about a woman’s story or perspective. 

And then this story just makes me lose all hope. https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/2018/09/23/man-gets-pass-after-pleading-guilty-in-strangulation-sex-assault-of-woman/amp/

Men have no idea how terrifying it is to be a woman. Literally they can assault us and get a “pass.” We can’t ruin a young man’s future, oh no. And it happened years ago, it’s in the past. Can’t you just let it go? Oh, and here’s some death threats for speaking out. You don’t deserve the time. But you should have come forward when it happened. But you were probably slutting about town anyways. You basically asked for it. I am so so tired of it. And nothing right now is making me feel any better about the future. 
    Same. 

There was a woman murdered in NW DC last week and that really got to me. Like we can’t even run outside (which I love but don’t do) because of what could happen. Or go out and drink. Or effing anything. It’s just getting to me today. 
  • Options
    A friend of mine is posting a conservative meme a day and he posted this one yesterday.  Because it doesn't matter how accomplished a woman is, or how many degrees or PhD's she has, at the end, we're all objects to some.
  • Options
    After bingeing Handmaid's Tale in a weekend, everything going on is terrifying.   Just remember to vote.  Everyone fucking vote.  

Also, I keep thinking about my history teacher saying "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."  Ugh. 

Anyhoo, weekend was pretty good.  Lots of cleaning Fri-Sun morning, but our house looks great now.  Yesterday was wonderful with my family.  

My mom's surgery is coming up in about 3 weeks.  It's going to be rough AF on her.  I'm going to my parents alone or with DefConn on Saturday (DH is going to the Irish game...DefConn might go with him if the kiddo can't get out of work). They see the surgeon on Thursday, so we'll be able to have a game plan and my dad can let me know what he thinks he'll need. 
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018
    We did nothing on Friday!

Oktoberfest was fun, however, someone stole my cell phone. I had a backup, and the new one comes today. When I went to call it - it was powered off. It was at like 80% so I know it was not dead. I talked to Verizon the phone was put on the blacklist with Apple so it can't be activated across any carrierand I was able to wipe it remotely with "find my iPhone" thank goodness.

The only thing they can do is maybe sell it on eBay to some poor unsuspecting person, but they literally have a $1,000 paperweight. Thank goodness for insurance. 

Yesterday I cooked all day. I made a dutch baby for brunch and Thai Soy Garlic fried baby back ribs and buffalo + blue potato smashies for dinner. H was on call so I was alone for most of the day. 

The Lions won so it was a good morning in our household! 

• Options

Against the PATS!  I don't trust that this is *really* their decline/downfall, but I get this feeling in my heart when they lose.  LMAO  ;) 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    After bingeing Handmaid's Tale in a weekend, everything going on is terrifying.   Just remember to vote.  Everyone fucking vote.  

Also, I keep thinking about my history teacher saying "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."  Ugh. 

Anyhoo, weekend was pretty good.  Lots of cleaning Fri-Sun morning, but our house looks great now.  Yesterday was wonderful with my family.  

My mom's surgery is coming up in about 3 weeks.  It's going to be rough AF on her.  I'm going to my parents alone or with DefConn on Saturday (DH is going to the Irish game...DefConn might go with him if the kiddo can't get out of work). They see the surgeon on Thursday, so we'll be able to have a game plan and my dad can let me know what he thinks he'll need. 
    Three things for breast surgeries that I hear over and over again:  Front button shirts.  Socks with traction.  A good hairwash a few days later.  Best of luck to your mom and to you and the rest of the fam!
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018
    mrsconn23 said:

Against the PATS!  I don't trust that this is *really* their decline/downfall, but I get this feeling in my heart when they lose.  LMAO  ;) 
    When the Patriot's lose, everybody wins! 

Also - Belichick is a sore sport, he just looked so nasty when the game was over. Come on dude, he was your employee for over a decade - don't be a jerk just because you lost. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

And I definitely don't believe this is the upswing for the Lions either - but I'll take the W!
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2018
    mrsmitten said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Three things for breast surgeries that I hear over and over again:  Front button shirts.  Socks with traction.  A good hairwash a few days later.  Best of luck to your mom and to you and the rest of the fam!
    Her surgery is actually abdominal (her cancer originated in her appendix).  She's going to be in ICU for about a week and possibly in the hospital up to 3 weeks total.   They're removing some stuff, but also doing a localized heated chemo treatment.  It's going to be about 10 hours long and multiple surgeons will be involved.   She may be out of work for 3 months.  

She said yesterday that she's feeling better than she did before her original surgery.  She had pretty severe symptoms starting at the beginning of this year, so that good news.  But it's also making it hard on her to know that she's going to go back to feeling like shit (and maybe the worst she's ever felt).  :/ 
  • Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    levioosa said:
    That is so ballsy @short+sassy. Some people just think the world should revolve around them. There’s no way in hell I’d leave my animal until it was more convenient. If I was drunk I’d be taking an Uber back home. 

@VarunaTT I really like the dining table and chairs! 

This weekend was pretty good. I got canceled on Saturday and it made me so happy. Sunday FI and I spent some much needed quality time together. I think we really needed it. 

The Kavanaugh thing is really getting me down. I feel like his confirmation is inevitable and I can’t decide if that makes me more angry or defeated.  Christine Blasey Ford has had to go into hiding due to death threats and the GOP has made no effort in hiding how little they care about a woman’s story or perspective. 

And then this story just makes me lose all hope. https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/2018/09/23/man-gets-pass-after-pleading-guilty-in-strangulation-sex-assault-of-woman/amp/

Men have no idea how terrifying it is to be a woman. Literally they can assault us and get a “pass.” We can’t ruin a young man’s future, oh no. And it happened years ago, it’s in the past. Can’t you just let it go? Oh, and here’s some death threats for speaking out. You don’t deserve the time. But you should have come forward when it happened. But you were probably slutting about town anyways. You basically asked for it. I am so so tired of it. And nothing right now is making me feel any better about the future. 
    Same. 

There was a woman murdered in NW DC last week and that really got to me. Like we can’t even run outside (which I love but don’t do) because of what could happen. Or go out and drink. Or effing anything. It’s just getting to me today. 
    And then this. What are we teaching our children?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/ERAusa/posts/10156769363464250&amp;width=500" width="500" height="669" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

ETA fixed link
  • Options

I also got most of the living room and parlor room painted. I’m feeling very productive. 

On one hand, it's great to have a dialog about sexual assault, but on the other hand, I can't imagine all the triggers that must be affecting some people right now. 

I wake up every day with a sense of dread. I fell like I'm on a rollercoaster and I can't get off. I want to just crawl into a ball...but maybe that's their strategy?

I miss the days when politics was only interesting to us poly sci nerds. 
  • Options

On one hand, it's great to have a dialog about sexual assault, but on the other hand, I can't imagine all the triggers that must be affecting some people right now. 

I wake up every day with a sense of dread. I fell like I'm on a rollercoaster and I can't get off. I want to just crawl into a ball...but maybe that's their strategy?

I miss the days when politics was only interesting to us poly sci nerds. 
    It’s too just too much sometimes. 

This might be from before fore you were around but I was a political science professor for years. I just couldn’t do it anymore (for a lot of reasons). I don’t miss having to try and explain what’s happening to students. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 ugh, your poor mom.  I can't even imagine the emotional toll.  She's in our thoughts!
  • Options
    My office manager just congratulated me on my pregnancy. 

So that's how my day is going (I'm not pregnant). 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

• Options
    kvruns said:
    Does anyone know if Nothing Bundt cakes does a free birthday reward? I thought they did but I haven't seen an email yet, I was looking forward to trying it.

STIB

Yes they do or at least they did last spring. My birthday is in April and I got a free Bundtlet for my birthday. It did come as an email. 
  • Options

OMG what did you say?

• Options

Nope.   

Oh that is the suck. 
  • Options
    mrsmitten said:

OMG what did you say?

She goes, "Oh! I haven't seen you! Congratulations!"

I just kind of looked at her with a blank face.

"Your pregnancy...?"

"Oh geez! That's news to me!" 

I have no idea who started this rumor or why. I told HR that I was going to start my mat leave today. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever