Wedding Etiquette Forum

What style dress is this to you?

acarruyoacarruyo member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited September 2018 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
Hi - I'm sort of having doubts on my dress. What silhouette is this to you?

Re: What style dress is this to you?

• Trumpet/ mermaid
  • Thank you! That's what I originally wanted, but I see it as more of an A-line or fit & flare. 
  • Trumpet/ mermaid

I agree.  I immediately thought "mermaid".

At least from my perspective, I think of an A-line style as the flaring out starting from the waist.  And NOT being fitted in the hip and upper leg area.

@acarruyo, and whatever style you want to call it, it is gorgeous and looks great on you!  The bead and lacework is stunning.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought mermaid, but it could be fit-and-flare. Regardless, it's gorgeous and looks great on you! 

• Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate your feedback/perspective.
  • Definitely not a-line.  It’s trumpet/mermaid.  Reminds me of my own- I love that style :)
  • Don't focus on what style it is labeled as - it is absolutely stunning on you.  (But yes I do think it's a mermaid).

• That @lovesclimbing makes complete sense! I saw this on another bride, and it looked more like a mermaid, but now that I think about it, it could be because she was shorter. My torso is very long, making the flare around the lower thigh area. I guess height has a lot to do with it too! 

• acarruyo said:
    That @lovesclimbing makes complete sense! I saw this on another bride, and it looked more like a mermaid, but now that I think about it, it could be because she was shorter. My torso is very long, making the flare around the lower thigh area. I guess height has a lot to do with it too! 

I never thought about that!  I'm only 5'0" tall, so a dress doesn't need to go to far before it is flaring on me, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker