Budget Weddings Forum

n/a

2»

Re: n/a

• I came for the bar signal too..kind of curious about the actual photos now 
  • ok you guys are perfect in every way and im 1000% wrong :)
    Thank you. That's exactly what we were getting at. 

Image result for eyeroll gif

cue the sarcasm. I can throw it too.

• eileenrob said:
    I came for the bar signal too..kind of curious about the actual photos now 
    Me too. 

OP, can you post the pictures again??
  • eileenrob said:
    Me too. 

OP, can you post the pictures again??
    im sorry too many people were upset that I wasn't clear about my post because I originally posted them and couldn't fit the description. I didn't see a point in keeping them on there for people to just continually tell me what my post should have included. lol 
  • eileenrob said:

what do you mean by bar signal? genuinely curious :)

See? You're getting the hang of this reading comprehension thing!

Eileen meant "bat signal". It's what we call a deleted post with an obviously deleted or modified title. It always draws more attention to the post because we all want to know why OP deleted it. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Eileen meant "bat signal". It's what we call a deleted post with an obviously deleted or modified title. It always draws more attention to the post because we all want to know why OP deleted it. 

gotcha. im not mad at anyone but people will continue to comment wanting to know why I didn't add what I "should have" so just seemed pointless to keep them up

gotcha. im not mad at anyone but people will continue to comment wanting to know why I didn't add what I "should have" so just seemed pointless to keep them up

It is pointless to post a bunch of pictures without a description because how am I suppose to know what I am looking at. It is not  pointless to keep them up after you have included a description. I don’t understand why you would delete them but continue with the thread. 
  • they were, my grandma has done this many many times. And everyone was fine. I would have not put something on my cake that would have poisoned my guests! Lol even all 300 pine cones were hand washed and baked 
    Yep - a PSA to future posters...  Just because Grandma always did things a certain way, especially in the kitchen, doesn't mean the knowledge we have now in regard to all things food safety and handling goes out the window!  Food canning and preservation for example changes and updates almost yearly, which is why just because it's "Grandma's Recipe" doesn't mean it's food-safe!  I remember putting raw egg whites into frosting for cakes when I was a kid, then <Gasp> Trans-fat shortening (that stuff still worked better than this modern shortening that weeps in icing), then with new information from food scientists, we found out "not such a smart idea!  Nothing personal, but potlucks are still the leading cause of food borne illnesses for a reason.  

Just because you picked something up off the ground doesn't mean it's safe even after washing or baking to be put in contact with food.  A lot of places in the country are sprayed for invasive species (or even mosquitoes) and often one wouldn't know unless they're on top of local news, or landscaping company did their annual spraying/fertilizing, etc. for example.  Toxic blooms and plants can be incredibly pretty, doesn't mean they're safe on your cake (Callas and lilies come to mind)..  The eucalyptus could also be sprayed because the ones pictured were for floriculture purposes, not food purposes... 

knottie8337758a4ace9d04 said:
    It did not, the cake was a simple chocolate cake with homemade raspberry jam covered in crumb coat! I believe it cost us about 40 dollars once everything was said and done. And yep we were very aware of certain flowers that shouldn’t be applied to the cake and made sure to follow them. 
    SNS - that was more than $40...  The cost of the value of your time, the pans, the materials and laundry to wash the dishes/hand wiping towels, each and every set of ingredients used to make "Trial runs", the Butter at $4/lb (minimum 4-6lbs) for that amount of icing, powdered sugar, the raspberry jam, the cake mixes, the eggs, oil, or ingredients for a scratch recipe (flour, cocoa, butter, flavoring, milk, eggs, salt, etc.), the cooking spray, the support structure, the cake boards (those two things alone! - they don't give those boards away!), etc. It was closer to $150 minimum if one accounts for already owning pans, spatulas, or even the cake board.  My kids' Birthday cakes cost more to make than $40 and they aren't remotely that size.  
  • LD1970 said:
    OP, just as an aside, no one called you stuck up.  I realized what you were referring to - someone commented "STUCK" before typing their actual substantive comment.  The Knot occasionally glitches wherein a reply comment will be stuck in the "quote box" from the previous comment to which the person is replying.  It's common practice here to therefore type "stuck," "stuck in the box," or "SITB" for short before typing the reply so readers know that's where the new comment starts.  It wasn't a reference to you in the least.
    Oh good eye, LD! I didn't even notice or remember my big "STUCK". Thank you!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever