Wedding Woes

Friday

Too many busy nights and not enough sleep!  I am really dragging today and can barely keep my eyes open.  Fridays are my half days (thank goodness) and I'm already planning to go straight home...no stops or errands...and take a nap.  Mmmm...nap. 

My weekend will be my new usual.  Doing tons of mystery shops on that special project, lol.  Though they didn't load my project credit card with as much money as I was hoping, so I can't really go whole hog.

I had the cutest thing happen last night.  I was at Walmart.  Going down one of the aisles.  And this adorable little girl starts frantically waving "hi".  It seems like she's making eye contact with me, but I don't know her or her family.  I look behind me.  Nope, no one else in the aisle.  So I make eye contact with her, give her a big smile, and wave "hi" back.  As I'm starting to walk past them, she says something to me that I don't catch.  So I stop and ask her what she said.  Her reply, with a big smile, "It's my birthday on Saturday!"  I was so charmed, lol.  So, of course, I ask the obvious question, "Oh, that's great!  How old are you going to be?"  She's going to be 7.  I chit chat for another minute or so with her and her parents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friday

• edited October 2018
    How cute!!

I'm exhausted. I had way too many drinks and way too little sleep last night. And our goalie's triumphant return (he'd been out nearly a year with a concussion) was not very triumphant. Womp womp.

ETA - Sending you and your mom good thoughts and vibes today, mrs.conn!!! <3
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So, my sister just texted me. She's been throwing up all morning and feels like absolute death. I haven't gotten sick, but I also feel way worse than I should for the amount of drinks I had.

After the game last night, we went back to the bar for a drink to wait for a bit before we got a cab, rather than fight with 20,000 other people to get one. The son of a well known former Bear must have season tickets to everything because we see him all the time coming and going from games. He started talking to us and bought us drinks. I swear I watched him pick up the glass from the bar and hand it to me, but I guess I don't know. 

Neither of us remember making the decision to get an Uber and I don't remember arriving home last night. I was drunk, sure, but I did not have nearly enough drinks to have blacked out and to feel this shitty today. Same with my sister. How creepy to think that someone may have put something in our drinks. Ugh.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Waiting and waiting some more. SIL stopped by with my nephews and my friend surprised me by showing up with snacks. About to go to lunch and then I’m hoping I can get comfortable enough to close my eyes for a bit, 
  • @short+sassy that's a super cute story :)

@ShesSoCold holy shit - that is creepy! Glad you and your sister are okay!!!

@mrsconn23 sending good vibes to you and your mom

SSDD here. Wrapping up a few things and trying to set up photo shoots for some of our finished projects before I am out next week for our 4th anniversary staycation extravaganza (not really an extravaganza, but I feel like that made it sound more fun lol). 
  • So, my sister just texted me. She's been throwing up all morning and feels like absolute death. I haven't gotten sick, but I also feel way worse than I should for the amount of drinks I had.

After the game last night, we went back to the bar for a drink to wait for a bit before we got a cab, rather than fight with 20,000 other people to get one. The son of a well known former Bear must have season tickets to everything because we see him all the time coming and going from games. He started talking to us and bought us drinks. I swear I watched him pick up the glass from the bar and hand it to me, but I guess I don't know. 

Neither of us remember making the decision to get an Uber and I don't remember arriving home last night. I was drunk, sure, but I did not have nearly enough drinks to have blacked out and to feel this shitty today. Same with my sister. How creepy to think that someone may have put something in our drinks. Ugh.
    That's horrifying but your story sounds SO similar to people I know who have experienced having spiked drinks.   Could she contact a local PD or hospital?? 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018

@ShesSoCold, I'm sorry you and your sister aren't feeling well.  That is unsettling to wonder if something was done to your all's drinks, smh.  Though I do have a lighthearted story on that, with a "not creepy at all" ending.

Years back, I was a p/t server job at TGIF.  One of my coworkers was a fairly recent transplant to NOLA from Boston.  It was Mardi Gras season and her sister came down to visit.  They went to a famous bar called Pat O'Briens.  Creator of the Hurricane cocktail.  She comes to work the next day upset and a little freaked out.  She told us she was pretty sure someone had put something in their drinks because they started feeling way too drunk, too fast.  Even though they had each only had two Hurricanes, lmao.

Ours mouths dropped to the floor that this petite, 100 and nothing pound woman had socked away two hurricanes!  They trick you.  You can't taste the alcohol in them, but they are strong-ass drinks.  I think each one has a few shots of alcohol in them.  We assured her that probably didn't happen.  And most people will be knocked down, way drunk after just two.  She felt a lot better and we all started swapping our "hurricane stories".  Because everyone in NOLA has at least one, lol.

@sparklepants41, I love the word "extravaganza" and occasionally use it myself.  Even if whatever I'm talking about is not quite the fanfare that this word invokes, lol.  Enjoy the staycation!

@mrsconn23, T's and P's for you, your mom, and your family today!  I hope everything goes well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeesh @ShesSoCold that sounds pretty bad. The not knowing how you got an a Uber or coming home would definitely make me wary; was the ride on either of your accounts? Can you two piece things together to figure out what the last things you remember are? I agree with @banana468 that if you have any doubts get checked at a hospital. 
  • @mrsconn23 - big hugs to you and your family today.  Waiting is so hard!

I'm working a few hours this morning and then heading to the airport.  Trump is in town and staying close to where I am so hoping there are no traffic delays or flight delays.  

I land at home about 10:30 PM and am looking forward to seeing my husband's furry face :smile:
  • edited October 2018
    Is today your moms surgery @mrsconn23 ?
  • Sending positive vibes @mrsconn23 and yikes glad you got home okay @ShesSoCold..I’d be unsettled too.
    Enjoy your extravaganza @sparklepants41 and @short+sassy I’m fascinated/exhausted reading your daily updates!

I had off this morning and accompanied older DD on her first ever class trip (a walk to the local garden center/pumpkin patch). It was really cute.  Just got to work and finishing up my last event for Spirit Week- an after school color run.  I was hoping we’d have at least 1/3 of the students sign up and we ended up with just over 2/3’s which is awesome.  It’s cold but super sunny so they should be okay.  Semi-relaxing weekend planned and I’m looking forward to it.
  • @ShesSoCold That's horrifying. I agree with PPs. Can you go to a local hospital? I'm so sorry. 

@mrsconn23 Good vibes for your mom's surgery.

I got canceled from work today. I'm so happy. I had a paper due that I wouldn't have been able to finish in time and I have to pack for my trip tomorrow. I was feeling really stressed about getting it all done and now I feel like I might be able to get some sleep tonight. And it will be really nice to spend some time with FI before I'm gone for a few days. 

• I hadn't thought to call police. I have to admit that I'd feel kind of stupid calling the Chicago Police Department and saying, "I think maybe some guy, who might be Butkus' son, put something in my drink."

I honestly hadn't thought of going to the hospital either. But something definitely isn't right. I'm freezing and shaking and stuff. I wish I could just go to bed. What would they do? Test me?

Yes, the Uber was on my account and I remember the ride. The guy was cool, named Omar. So it's weird that I remember bits and pieces. Like, I don't remember leaving the bar or getting in the Uber. But I remember most of the ride. I don't remember arriving home, but I remember waking H up for some late night whatnot. Super weird. 
  • I hadn't thought to call police. I have to admit that I'd feel kind of stupid calling the Chicago Police Department and saying, "I think maybe some guy, who might be Butkus' son, put something in my drink."

I honestly hadn't thought of going to the hospital either. But something definitely isn't right. I'm freezing and shaking and stuff. I wish I could just go to bed. What would they do? Test me?

Yes, the Uber was on my account and I remember the ride. The guy was cool, named Omar. So it's weird that I remember bits and pieces. Like, I don't remember leaving the bar or getting in the Uber. But I remember most of the ride. I don't remember arriving home, but I remember waking H up for some late night whatnot. Super weird. 
    Can you call the RAINN # and see if they have a different contact # that you can use? 800.656.HOPE

My thought is that you may be able to get yourself reviewed in an ER or clinic?  

They could test to see if something was in your drink that is still in your blood. 

Do you you have any injuries or pain anywhere?

They could test to see if something was in your drink that is still in your blood. 

This is exactly what I am thinking too. If you are still feeling off, if a drug was placed in your drink, it's probably still in your system and they could test for it. 
  • Yikes, @ShesSoCold! I hate to even bring this up, but have you and your sister checked yourselves for unexplained injuries? It's possible that the drinks were just deceptively strong, but I'd want to know for sure if I'd been exposed to rohypnol or some other date rape drug. Those can be really nasty to your system.

No. I'm certain we weren't assaulted or anything. The timing of the Uber compared to when we left the game and everything makes sense. There's not huge gaps that we can't remember or figure out what we were doing. We have our purses, our clothes are fine. 

No. I'm certain we weren't assaulted or anything. The timing of the Uber compared to when we left the game and everything makes sense. There's not huge gaps that we can't remember or figure out what we were doing. We have our purses, our clothes are fine. 
    That’s good! I was worried about you! If you’re feeling really off just watch out for dehydration. 
  • OMG @ SSC.  That is scary.  I hope you and your sister are feeling better.  What a crazy, terrifying thing to happen.