Wedding Woes

Tuesday- back to reality

Checking back in from a land of make believe (not Disney).  Last Thursday my mom, dad, sister and I set out on a road trip to my brother's award ceremony. Thursday night I put on a pretty dress, wandered the exhibit hall, ate passed apps and drank wine.  Then we loaded busses to a steak house.

There was a live band (The Speculations, a group of OB/Gyns) and SO MUCH GOOD FOOD.  I ended up sitting next to an older couple that both had canes.  I went to get them a few things and chatted with the wife all night.  She was so sweet.  I was telling her who all I was with.  I pointed to my sister and she pointed to my dad and said "is that her husband?" HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Re: Tuesday- back to reality

• @mrsconn23 that’s awesome news. Ask the doc if they have a shot blocker. It’s a little plastic nubby thing they put on the arm right before giving a shit. My kids all thought it was a miracle. I’m not sure if there’s real science or just a placebo effect. 
  • 6fsn said:

STUCK

Wow 6 that sounds like an awesome event and sounds like your bro must be a big deal. What kind of award was it (work? academic? something else?)

• @6fsn, Your weekend sounds so wonderful and monumentous!  Congrats to your brother.

@missJeanLouise, in-home couples massage sounds like a great way to celebrate your all's anniversary and still stay home with the baby.  I bet his photos will be ridiculous cute!

@mrsconn23, I'm glad to hear a bed opened up and they could move your mom out of ICU.  Yay!  Finally restful sleep for you!

I'm leaving a few hours early today from work to run some errands and get more mystery shops done.  Though they didn't load my special credit card yesterday so, I dunno.  Kind of dead in the water on that, until they do and I'm not happy about it.

My rant:  The scheduler keeps getting upset that me and the other shopper aren't getting enough shops on this project done.  But is then blasé about making sure the credit card stays loaded.  I specifically took some vacation time to have my afternoon available, in order to cram in more shops for them (she knew that).  And now I feel like I did that for nothing and I'm pretty pissed!  They are on the East Coast, an hour ahead of me, and I sent an e-mail about the problem at 6:30AM.  I haven't even gotten a response back.  As an aside, when they do a reload, it doesn't happen right away.  It usually pops up late afternoon/early evening.  But I've also had it not happen until late in the evening. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Anniversary @OliveOilsMom!! Sounds like a lovely weekend. 

So so glad your mom was moved @mrsconn23 all the good thoughts for a fast recovery! 

We have big big plans tonight for buying new blinds! Woohoo! Homeownership at its finest. Tomorrow and Thursday we move the last of our stuff into the house! It’s almost hunting season so H is trying to get everything done. 
  • Today is back to reality for me too! The wedding i went to was lovely.  It ran late but they opened the bar as we waited, so it was OK :smile: Everything went well but the next day I fought with my sister.  Long story short: it seemed like my cousin turned the wedding party into hired help...or expected it anyway.  My sister used the "it's tradition for them to help" line and i used "tradition doesn't always equal 'right""  both of us realized we weren't going to back down so we just shut up about it.

Everything in Canada is expensive.  I'm SO glad to be home and even admit to wanting Chicago pricing back.  Now, that's saying a lot.  I also gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks since being off my scheudle, and not on ww.  ugh. I'm trying to eat healthy but we brought back maple cookies :)

My Halloween costume arrives on Friday....and the party is Saturday.  I hope it fits. Reviews say it's good quality and long.  I also hope my nails can grow a lot from now and Saturday for my no chip to make it worth the polish.

@Mrsconn23, so glad the surgery went well.  And most importantly it's over!
    @shessocold, so scary about what happened to you on Thursday.  Were you OK by Saturday?  
    @missjeanlouise, I bet the pics are too cute for words!
    @6fsn, sounds like a great event and glad you went!

• Mornin' ladies!

Sounds like a great anniversary, MJL!

Pam, I was still a little off on Saturday but felt fine by Sunday. Still didn't want to drink much, though! 

I'm so torn about my job. I hate the guy I was assigned to. I don't know if I can power through the next couple of months; he's such a mansplaining condescending prick. And the plot thickens - there's an opening for my exact position in another of our offices (B). And it's the office that I was hired to work in (coincidentally I live right in the middle of the 2 offices so I was hired for office B, started here in office A, was sent to office B to be their receptionist, got a promotion back to office A, where I am now). I feel like since I was hired for that office, I could ask to be transferred there without very obviously saying, "I hate this guy get me TF away from him."

But, I'm quitting here in the spring anyway. So I would screw all of the people over. I'd screw Prick Guy here by leaving him during the busiest time of year and I'd screw B office agent by having her train me and then leave in a couple months so she's gotta start all over again, you know? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold are you leaving in the spring to move? Is it a definite? I'd say if you're miserable now ask for the transfer, never know what the future holds anyway. Just go for it, the worst they can say is no transfer. 
  • Those sound like nice weekends @6fsn and @OliveOilsMom!  That’s a tough call @ShesSoCold ...I get the hesitation of being trained just to leave in a few months, but...life is also too short to be dealing with that awful sounding guy.  No advice just sympathetic vibes.

Work is going well.  I’ve gotten to know all of my freshman and transfer students, and college applications are coming along nicely.  During my sahm years I was there 1-2 days a week, and I was ready for the jump to closer to f-t (4 days/week), but wasn’t sure how the adjustment would be.  But I’m happy.  
    The cold the kids and I share seems pretty mild thankfully, and H is coming home tonight after 48 hours of work so I’m just hoping he doesn’t catch any residual germs.  He could be the posterboy of The Man Cold.
  • We leave today and have a four hour drive ahead of us. I’m glad your mom is out of the ICU mrsconn! 

• Mornin' ladies!

Sounds like a great anniversary, MJL!

Pam, I was still a little off on Saturday but felt fine by Sunday. Still didn't want to drink much, though! 

I'm so torn about my job. I hate the guy I was assigned to. I don't know if I can power through the next couple of months; he's such a mansplaining condescending prick. And the plot thickens - there's an opening for my exact position in another of our offices (B). And it's the office that I was hired to work in (coincidentally I live right in the middle of the 2 offices so I was hired for office B, started here in office A, was sent to office B to be their receptionist, got a promotion back to office A, where I am now). I feel like since I was hired for that office, I could ask to be transferred there without very obviously saying, "I hate this guy get me TF away from him."

But, I'm quitting here in the spring anyway. So I would screw all of the people over. I'd screw Prick Guy here by leaving him during the busiest time of year and I'd screw B office agent by having her train me and then leave in a couple months so she's gotta start all over again, you know? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

I'm picturing the "earliest" in spring is March.  That's over 4-5 months away.  In my book, that's a long enough time to try for the other position.  Besides, if it is the same position you currently have, they don't even have to invest time training you.  They just have to "put off" potentially training a new person.  Which, granted, is during the busy season.  But too bad, so sad.  Life happens.

Think of the other side of the coin.  If this company had just hired you.  And then, over the next 4-5 months, they had a downturn and business really dwindled.  They would not hesitate, for even a one second, laying you off!  Maybe a manager(s) would feel a little bad.  A little guilty.  But no one keeps an employee they don't need in a job, just because they feel bad the employee was just hired.

Agreed, especially with the last bit!

But also, what if things/your plans change between now and spring? Then you’ve stayed in a position you’re unhappy in with a guy who was trrrible and you could have been in a better work environment that entire time. 
  • Today I volunteered for a non-profit called Operation Warm. My company participates every year and the program gives a new coat to kids who may not be fortunate enough to have a coat for the winter.

Today I also fell down the steps carrying a box of said coats and scraped my knee on the playground. I had to go to the nurse’s office and they did not have any adult size bandages. I was too big for the chairs. 

Happy Tuesday 😂

• That's such a sad story @mrsconn23 although wow what an outpouring you guys are giving...these online communities are something else.
    Awww those are nice @ShesSoCold !!
  • SSC - Where did you get those shoes??? I love them and would put my Olive on a pair!
  • groovebags.com 

They're pretty cheap and flimsy but IDGAF. They have HER FACE ON THEM. 

And it took like 100 years to get them. Literally three weeks for shipping. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yeah I agree with you both. I guess I'm just nervous to actually pull a trigger.

I forgot to tell you guys about the most important thing, probably in my life, ever. My Edna shoes arrived yesterday. Shoes with my very own housebeast's face all over them. I am so excited and I love them so much. But they're a little big so I'll have to take them to a shoe repair place. Which makes me sad, because my mom used do those kinds of things for me. Also makes me hungry because the shoes repair place is right behind our favorite Indian place. 

Lemme see if I can edit and post a pic. They're perfect.

OH.MY.GOD!!!!

Those are freakin' AMAZING!!!!  I love them!  You posted Edna's pic not too long ago on here.  It IS her, lol.

I absolutely have to have some now.  I'm already picturing going on walks with Izzy.  With her cutest little face right on the very shoes I'm wearing, lol.

You said they ran big?  I typically wear a 6.5 or 7.0.  6.5 usually fits best, 7s are sometimes a little big.  Sometimes a lot big.

I'm thinking, if they carry half sizes, I should stick with the 6.5.  But if they only carry whole sizes, I should go with a 6.0?  Would that plan probably be my best bet? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ShesSoCold Take the other position. I know what your job entails and this time of year is literal hell even when you normally like your job. I hate my current job, hate my current employer and think about quitting every day. Even if it is only for 4-5 months, it's not worth the misery to stay where you are.
  • @cupcait927 makes a good point. This time of year is awful enough so if you can at least do it at a different office that would be nice. Although I wonder if they would delay a transfer until most OE stuff is over