Wedding Woes

It's Only Tuesday...

edited November 2018 in Wedding Woes
Laying on the couch last night, I totally thought it was Friday night for a minute. Ugh.

Tattoo removal #2 is tonight. I've got a gatorade to drink before I leave work, have food for mid-afternoon, I got a ton of sleep last night; I'm *hopefully* ready for it and I hope I don't pass out. :/

After being swamped for the last month or so, I'm eerily quiet at work. Unless I get busy today, I'm trying to crank out some busy work so I won't have to deal with it when I get busy again. I'm also waiting to have another meeting about the changes they're making to my workload and when.

ETA - My coworker has been having issues getting onto a carrier site since Wednesday. She's been on the phone with the website help department at the carrier for hours and hours. 

It was a security thing. She messed with her security settings and that's why she couldn't get in. Right now she's complaining to an insurance carrier's IT department that "sometimes my clock is off". 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: It's Only Tuesday...

• I keep thinking today is Monday since I had yesterday off. I woke up cranky for absolutely no reason and I’m trying to shake it off. 

Not much today. I have a ton of morning meetings (currently on a conference call where someone just read straight from slides) and an open afternoon to just crank out some work. Short weeks always go super fast so I’m trying to get a head of it. 

Also so I got Michelle Obama’s book today and I can’t wait to start it!
  • I woke up yesterday thinking it was Tuesday because we normally go to movies on weekday nights. I had to really think about it and said "rats. It IS just Monday". 
    How off is her clock @shessocold

• I woke up yesterday thinking it was Tuesday because we normally go to movies on weekday nights. I had to really think about it and said "rats. It IS just Monday". 
    How off is her clock @shessocold
    I honestly think she's just reading it wrong. She's taken her car to the dealer twice because she can "hear air". The car is fine. Her phone never works, her computer never works, she just doesn't know what she's doing.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Hope the tattoo removal goes better this time @ShesSoCold!
    Just here at work, waiting to dry off following buckling the kids into their car seats, then out of them, then walking a quarter mile to work bc I couldn’t find a spot closer.   :D
  • @ShesSoCold, I hope this next tattoo removal session is better for you.

Yesterday and today have been fantastically mellow at work.  Really, kind of boring, lol.  But it's nice to sneak in veg time occasionally, even here at the office, lol.

So dreary and rainy the last couple days.  And, with it, the temperature has harshly dropped from the 70s to the 40s.  In our house, we primarily heat with ventless gas heaters.  My H and I were joking last night that, tonight, would herald the Annual Re-Lighting of the Pilot Lights (for the gas heaters).  More slangily know as, "you know its cold when..."  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Varuna - I saw the pics of you and K - you both look amazing!  And screw the ED - the org will realize who the problem is soon enough!

I decided to take a mental health day today.  So I'm currently sitting on my cough in my jammies!  I will miss yoga at work today because of it, but I think I'm going to see what local classes are available instead.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    MNNEBride said:
    It was 6 degrees outside this morning - yes, SIX!  With windchills below zero.  I'm so not ready for these temps in November.  

Not much going on here.  Trying a new nail place on Thurs.  It's in the same Sola Salon location as my hair person.  I'm hoping I like her but wondering how her availability is since she is the only nail tech.  I have a new back up place so I guess that's good.  I have acrylics and I went to the same place for a few years, but it had gone downhill and raised it's prices so it was time to find somewhere else.  I also need a pedi but will get the fingers figured out first.  

Oh!  I did book a couple of excursions for our Alaska Cruise in Sept of 2019.  Now we wait for good airfare and find hotels for before and after the cruise.  We go out of Seattle and back to Vancouver, BC and want to spend some time exploring both.  Anyone have any recommendations?

See?  You posted while I was working on my post and I didn't see it yet.

So now I feel bad for complaining about being in the 40's, lol.  Though, like yourself, we are having unusually cold temps for early-mid Nov. in these parts also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know people are experiencing real seasons but....it’s finally getting a little chilly at night and it’s in the 70s during the day and I am here for it. I’m so sick of the heat. It was still up to 90 last week. It’s really windy though, which is not ideal. I’m waiting for another fire to start. The fires are so bad right now. 

I have a house cleaner coming this afternoon so I need to pick up the house a little first. I have a final for one of my classes tomorrow so I’ll be working on studying for that. I am having the worst cramps this period and all I want to do is curl up with a heating pad and call it a day. 

• I woke up at 4 am having anxiety over the logistics of the next 10 days.  I sat down and made a list for each day of who is going where with what.  I also have packing lists, grocery lists, permission slips and to do lists.  I have started laundry baskets for each place and a folder of all documents.  You'd think this was a 6 month international vacation, but it's 10 days of running and this is my training.

My MIL has requested we bring pumpkin pie and pecan pie for Thanksgiving.  I have never once seen her have pecan pie.  Whatever, DH is in charge of that list.  She went over her menu and it included "some kind of green bean that my kids would eat." I told her if a can got dumped in a bowl, heated in the microwave and put on their plates they'd be happy.  6 texts later I said I'd take care of the green beans for them.

• MNNEBride said:
    It was 6 degrees outside this morning - yes, SIX!  With windchills below zero.  I'm so not ready for these temps in November.  

Not much going on here.  Trying a new nail place on Thurs.  It's in the same Sola Salon location as my hair person.  I'm hoping I like her but wondering how her availability is since she is the only nail tech.  I have a new back up place so I guess that's good.  I have acrylics and I went to the same place for a few years, but it had gone downhill and raised it's prices so it was time to find somewhere else.  I also need a pedi but will get the fingers figured out first.  

Oh!  I did book a couple of excursions for our Alaska Cruise in Sept of 2019.  Now we wait for good airfare and find hotels for before and after the cruise.  We go out of Seattle and back to Vancouver, BC and want to spend some time exploring both.  Anyone have any recommendations?

See?  You posted while I was working on my post and I didn't see it yet.

So now I feel bad for complaining about being in the 40's, lol.  Though, like yourself, we are having unusually cold temps for early-mid Nov. in these parts also.

We are looking forward to warming up to the 40s in the next few days!  Unusually early for these temps in lots of places.
  • Tuesday is the WORST day.  Monday, you're mentally prepared for.  Wednesday = hump day.  Thursday = Friday eve.  Friday = yay, Friday.  Tuesday just sits there, like it's never going to end.

My mother wanted me to bring the Parker House rolls I like to make for Thanksgiving.  i'm buying 2 dozen brioche rolls from a local baker/friend instead.  I'm not feeling the holiday season quite yet.  I think work BFF and I are planning a small movie marathon for the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't know K's work schedule yet.  I think I might take Wednesday off next week though.  I could use the break.
  • @MNNEBride, Vancouver is gorgeous.  I loved the scenery.  Do you have a car? Could you spend a night in Victoria?  I personally liked Victoria over Vancouver but it's a 4ish hr drive.
    @mrsconn23, welcome back.  I hope things get back to normal for you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's not thrilled with the holidays.  I'm not a thanksgiving food person.  My mom's listing all the things she wants and to me it all reads = dry turkey and boring sides.  

• MNNEBride said:

I was in Seattle for a business trip in September. I stayed at the Sheraton Grand Seattle hotel on 6th Ave., which is walking distance to Pike Place Market. There are tons of hotels in that area at different price points, so you should be able to find something good.  Also, Uber was a LOT cheaper than taxis or flat fare transport to and from the airport.  If you have time to research, the light rail goes to and from the airport and has stops in the area of Pike Place Market. I did not have time to look into that, but saw it while I was there.

I highly recommend Tavolata on 2nd Ave. Amazing italian food and their happy hour prices/menu is awesome.  Their gnocchi is the best I have ever had. 

Chan is a korean gastropub with great sharing plates.  Their menu changes, but I loved the spicy pork sliders and deep fried rice cakes when I was there.
  • Small Groupon rant for the day.

Note to businesses advertising on Groupon:  OMG, just list the city you are in.  Not whatever trendy neighborhood name it is for the 2-4 blocks x 2-4 blocks that you all reside in.  Because 95+% of the people getting these e-mails won't have any idea where you are. 

It happens once in awhile, lol.  But today, there were restaurants listed in THREE different areas I didn't recognize.  And, dabbling in real estate, I know neighborhood names better than the average bear.  2 out of the 3 did turn out to be further flung suburbs.  Which explained why I didn't recognize the neighborhood names.  But then also just made it more irritating that I even clicked on the ad to begin with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A coworker just brought back some Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn into the office since she was in the city. Popcorn, in general, is my weakness.  I didn't deprive myself and had a very small bowl. Man,  is that caramel popcorn perfection. 

• A coworker just brought back some Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn into the office since she was in the city. Popcorn, in general, is my weakness.  I didn't deprive myself and had a very small bowl. Man,  is that caramel popcorn perfection. 
    Same. But the cheesey popcorn. 

Before H left for camp for the weekend be bought me two huge bags of gormet popcorn. I ate them both this weekend. 
    Ugh me too. We have a popcorn machine at work and my desk is in the same area. You can smell it the second you walk in the door. I'm impressed at my self control every week.

Also - I'm sorry but I have to share these to avoid losing my mind. Coworker just asked me to try to get into a website. I got in as normal and told her. She responds with, " Well that doesn't help me a whole hell of a lot now does it". It's telling her that her credentials are incorrect. And she yelled at me when I politely suggested that she check her credentials. Two minutes I hear her mumble, "Well I'm in now...."
    Ugh me too. We have a popcorn machine at work and my desk is in the same area. You can smell it the second you walk in the door. I'm impressed at my self control every week.

Also - I'm sorry but I have to share these to avoid losing my mind. Coworker just asked me to try to get into a website. I got in as normal and told her. She responds with, " Well that doesn't help me a whole hell of a lot now does it". It's telling her that her credentials are incorrect. And she yelled at me when I politely suggested that she check her credentials. Two minutes I hear her mumble, "Well I'm in now...."

A popcorn MACHINE!!!  Near your desk!!!  ((Bowing to your enormous, daily will power)).

Though I'm with @charlotte989875.  A good cheese popcorn is my weakness.  I actually have a hard time even finding grocery store, microwave versions of cheese popcorn (in my area) and occasionally order them on Amazon.

My secret prissiness?  When I eat cheese popcorn at home, I use chopsticks so my fingers don't get all oily and dyed orange, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    Their cheese is normally good, but this batch was a bit greasy and saturated for me. There's a bar near me that I like going to and they have a help yourself popcorn machine.  But they ruin it by adding some sort of peppery herb to it.  It doesn't need pepper.  Just butter tyvm. 
    edit for: I still eat the pepper popcorn like it's nobody's business.  And now that my stomach is smaller, I'm usually full before my meal comes.  Oops. 

• @MNNEBride For Vancouver, check out Granville Island, just south of downtown.  Lots of little shops, artists, restaurants, pubs, craft beer and such.  I always enjoy it there.  The aquarium is apparently amazing, but I haven't been since I was a kid.  Stanley Park is beautiful, and huge, and also connects with the seawall.  You can walk through it, bike it, etc.  Lots to do there.  
       The Capilano suspension bridge is in North Van, and I think it's also near the Grouse Grind, if you're into hiking.  That's a ~90 min  hike up a mountain to the ski lodge, though I'm not sure when it closes for the winter.  You can take the gondola back down, or walk it.  Lots of people do it every weekend before hitting up brunch.  Also, google best brunch places, and you'll get too many to even begin to try.
       If you're looking to go a bit further out, south of the city about 30 mins is Richmond, which has an awesome night market, as well as Steveston, which is a little shopping area by the wharf, lots of little shops, restaurants, etc.  Those are practically beside the airport.    
       And you could also catch the ferry over to Victoria for the day.  I think the boat is close to 3 hours, so add a drive, and it's a long day, but you can do the day trip.  Super pretty town that feel s a lot more European than anything else out west here

Is that the popcorn that Cam coveted on Modern Family a few years ago? (If you watch the show..). Between that and the occasional Portillo’s talk sometimes I’m jealous I’m not a Midwestern gal.

I love the sweet/savory mix of that triple flavor popcorn tub.  Any gathering I host in December it’s with the partial intention of receiving one as a hostess gift.
  • eileenrob said:
    A coworker just brought back some Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn into the office since she was in the city. Popcorn, in general, is my weakness.  I didn't deprive myself and had a very small bowl. Man,  is that caramel popcorn perfection. 
    Is that the popcorn that Cam coveted on Modern Family a few years ago? (If you watch the show..). Between that and the occasional Portillo’s talk sometimes I’m jealous I’m not a Midwestern gal.

I love the sweet/savory mix of that triple flavor popcorn tub.  Any gathering I host in December it’s with the partial intention of receiving one as a hostess gift.

And I'm jealous, food-wise, of you and the other posters who live in the NYC boroughs, lmao.

I'm sure there's also some food jealousy out there back at me, for all the NOLA treats I'm surrounded by.

Which brings me to the real question.  When are they finally going to invent those Star Trek transporters?  So I can enjoy the best of all worlds, lol!

Or even a Food Replicator.  Though the characters seemed to complain about the quality and authenticity.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eileenrob said:
    A coworker just brought back some Garrett's Chicago mix popcorn into the office since she was in the city. Popcorn, in general, is my weakness.  I didn't deprive myself and had a very small bowl. Man,  is that caramel popcorn perfection. 

Oh. People like getting those? :)

• @CharmedPam I do!  I put it out with dessert and we snack on whatever is left over.