Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Coloured shirts for the groom and groomsmen?

My future hubby has his heart set on wearing a coloured shirt to the wedding, as well as his groomsemen. This is his day too, and no one told me what dress to buy, so I’m trying to respect his wishes. He’s agreed to wear our dark teal jewel tone colour (talked him out of cobalt blue that would match nothing 😂) but I still can’t picture it! My girls haven’t bought their dresses yet, so I’m thinking black dresses for them? He also doesn’t want to wear a full suit, just pants shirt tie and vest. So black for those as well? Our wedding is in September and I’m going with the “nothing fancy just love” idea, so I don’t want all the black to look too formal. Has anyone had the groom and groomsmen in coloured shirts? How did it look?

Re: Coloured shirts for the groom and groomsmen?

• Options
    My future hubby has his heart set on wearing a coloured shirt to the wedding, as well as his groomsemen. This is his day too, and no one told me what dress to buy, so I’m trying to respect his wishes. He’s agreed to wear our dark teal jewel tone colour (talked him out of cobalt blue that would match nothing 😂) but I still can’t picture it! My girls haven’t bought their dresses yet, so I’m thinking black dresses for them? He also doesn’t want to wear a full suit, just pants shirt tie and vest. So black for those as well? Our wedding is in September and I’m going with the “nothing fancy just love” idea, so I don’t want all the black to look too formal. Has anyone had the groom and groomsmen in coloured shirts? How did it look?
    I have seen colored shirts informally.  I don't think it will look bad, necessarily.  I do think it might look a bit more formal with black slacks and black ties.  Perhaps he could find a patterned tie with some teal in it to lessen the formality?

I do think black dresses with teal accents would look pretty for the girls.  You could simply accentuate the dresses with teal bouquets.  If its within your budget, perhaps you could find inexpensive teal bangles for the girls to wear. (Something like that, however, should not be considered a bridal gift, as it would be given specifically for wedding wear.)

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2018
    Relax - the dark teal and cobalt will look great together!  Really - let him wear those colors if that's what he wants to wear!  And yes, DH & the GM/Ushers all had colored shirts on for our wedding and looked great.  DH didn't want to wear a white shirt/tie/suit/etc. so he didn't wear white!

Related image