Attire & Accessories Forum

Grandmother's Attire

My grandmother insists that I go dress shopping with her for my wedding. She won't buy a dress unless I am with her. I have sent her dresses I like and she has sent me dresses she likes. I have said fine to all of them since she wants my approval, but she still insists on going shopping with me because she wants to be absolutely sure I like the dress. I've already tried telling her to pick out her own dress, but she will not listen. I love my grandmother dearly, but this frustrating especially because her and I have completely different tastes. She also insists that I pick the color of the dress. She wants to semi coordinate with the bridesmaids I think and they will be in fire engine red. What should I do? 

Re: Grandmother's Attire

• My grandmother insists that I go dress shopping with her for my wedding. She won't buy a dress unless I am with her. I have sent her dresses I like and she has sent me dresses she likes. I have said fine to all of them since she wants my approval, but she still insists on going shopping with me because she wants to be absolutely sure I like the dress. I've already tried telling her to pick out her own dress, but she will not listen. I love my grandmother dearly, but this frustrating especially because her and I have completely different tastes. She also insists that I pick the color of the dress. She wants to semi coordinate with the bridesmaids I think and they will be in fire engine red. What should I do? 
    If you have time to go shopping with her, go. Say yes to whatever she picks out, even if it's not your taste.

If you don't have time to go shopping, tell her gently that you are confident she can find something in which she will look beautiful, in red or any other color, and you'll be happy to see her in it at the wedding.
  • My grandmother insists that I go dress shopping with her for my wedding. She won't buy a dress unless I am with her. I have sent her dresses I like and she has sent me dresses she likes. I have said fine to all of them since she wants my approval, but she still insists on going shopping with me because she wants to be absolutely sure I like the dress. I've already tried telling her to pick out her own dress, but she will not listen. I love my grandmother dearly, but this frustrating especially because her and I have completely different tastes. She also insists that I pick the color of the dress. She wants to semi coordinate with the bridesmaids I think and they will be in fire engine red. What should I do? 
    Just go shopping with her. Tell her you like everything she picks out. If she insists that you pick some things out, pick things you think she'd like. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited December 2018
    My grandmother insists that I go dress shopping with her for my wedding. She won't buy a dress unless I am with her. I have sent her dresses I like and she has sent me dresses she likes. I have said fine to all of them since she wants my approval, but she still insists on going shopping with me because she wants to be absolutely sure I like the dress. I've already tried telling her to pick out her own dress, but she will not listen. I love my grandmother dearly, but this frustrating especially because her and I have completely different tastes. She also insists that I pick the color of the dress. She wants to semi coordinate with the bridesmaids I think and they will be in fire engine red. What should I do? 
    Just go shopping with her. Tell her you like everything she picks out. If she insists that you pick some things out, pick things you think she'd like. 
    She also for some reason insists she can't wear a long dress if my mother is and that it has to coordinate with everyone else's dresses. And my mother (who is her daughter) and I have both said just pick something. My grandmother has probably sent me 20+ dresses and I've said okay to everything one. 
  • No one has actually given me any colors they would recommend. I have already tried telling them to wear anything and in any color, but that got me no where so I would really love some suggestions for colors. 
  • No one has actually given me any colors they would recommend. I have already tried telling them to wear anything and in any color, but that got me no where so I would really love some suggestions for colors. 
    Mauve or chartreuse. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever