Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Chairs

I'm in a dilemma. My venue is outdoors for a February wedding. Its TX so itll either be gorgeous or cold but that's not what is important here. I need to provide chairs for the ceremony only. Does it look bad to simply rent basic white folding chairs instead of the nicer folding garden chairs? I don't want to spend a ton of money on chairs when we are ONLY using them for a 10-15 minute ceremony. The basic folding chairs are much cheaper and I could save $200 on chairs alone if I go with the basic ones. I also dont plan on doing any covers for the same reason. 

Re: Ceremony Chairs

• I'm in a dilemma. My venue is outdoors for a February wedding. Its TX so itll either be gorgeous or cold but that's not what is important here. I need to provide chairs for the ceremony only. Does it look bad to simply rent basic white folding chairs instead of the nicer folding garden chairs? I don't want to spend a ton of money on chairs when we are ONLY using them for a 10-15 minute ceremony. The basic folding chairs are much cheaper and I could save $200 on chairs alone if I go with the basic ones. I also dont plan on doing any covers for the same reason. 
    I mean, is this MUD? Of course that’s important. You need an indoor back up plan for your wedding or chair looks will be the least of your worries. 

• Are the folding chairs going to be metal based?  I would avoid that at all costs because of the weather elements. 
    Your ceremony may only be 10-15 minutes long, but your guests will require seating for a longer period than that.  They will arrive early and require a comfortable place to wait.  That means they will need to be warm, dry, and seated for a reasonable amount of time.
    You may want to look into space heaters if the day turns out to be cold, as well as an indoor contingency if the temperatures dip too low for comfort or the day is wet.
  • We tried out those chiavari chairs (the nice looking ones) for our daughter's reception and found them to be less comfortable than the plain white ones that didn't have the upcharge.
  • Do you have a rain plan? A cold weather plan? I would get at least the folding chairs with the padding on them, not just the plain metal ones.