Chit Chat

I have been having issues logging in the past few days.  It does not seem to matter whether I am on an iPad or PC.  Has anyone else had this issue?  It seems to be happening on my automatic log-in.  I had to circumvent it and try signing up as a new member, and then hitting the “already a member” cue.  

Any others?  ......I realize if there are others they probably can’t log in to respond!

Re: LOG IN ISSUES

• Ugh that’s frustrating.  TK has been glitchy for me (can’t see avatars, boards/posts don’t show updates -ie if there’s been a new post) but no log in issues..yet..
  • This was happening to me last week. 
  • I had to sign  in for the first time in a long time last week.  But haven't had that issue since then.  Though, oddly enough, in the right corner it shows I am not logged in and to "Join Free".  But my posts do show updates....though there was one day earlier this week that some of them didn't.

I can't see avatars either.  That's been going on all this week.  Maybe last week also.

I also had an issue earlier this week where my posts kept continually freezing as I was trying to type.  It almost seemed like the cursor would disappear after each character.  But that was a one day thing and it hasn't done that since.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't seen avatars in ages! My boards don't update until I go out then go back to them but I haven't had trouble posting - yet! I also consistently have the thing in the right corner saying to log in even though I am logged in. Go figure. And yeah I'm sure they are working around the clock to fix all the glitches.  
  • OMG.  I am at home.  To log in, I have to go to the main Knot webpage.  I have to "join" and then find the box that says, "already a member" and sign in there.  However, once there, I get a funky page with only script on the left side.  I need to scroll completely down to find links to Community pages.  If I try to log in via my saved pages, it takes forever and then a blank page that says, 502 BAD GATEWAY appears.  Sigh...…
    Avatars have been invisible for several days.  
    And of course, I can't find my bookmark for the ProBoard page to send an SOS!
  • Attempting to post for the like 25th time. The pages all look weird and it tells me to log in all the time. Can't see any of the avatars and there is a message at the top saying there is something wrong with my avatar. 
  • It worked!!
  • I had to sign  in for the first time in a long time last week.  But haven't had that issue since then.  Though, oddly enough, in the right corner it shows I am not logged in and to "Join Free".  But my posts do show updates....though there was one day earlier this week that some of them didn't.

I can't see avatars either.  That's been going on all this week.  Maybe last week also.

I also had an issue earlier this week where my posts kept continually freezing as I was trying to type.  It almost seemed like the cursor would disappear after each character.  But that was a one day thing and it hasn't done that since.

This is exactly where I am at....

• I’ve been having this issue on and off for months, hence my insanely sporadic posting. 

But it I did have it this week quite a bit until I logged in like three times in a row on mobile and suddenly I’m finally logged in.... for now....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • edited December 2018

I had to sign  in for the first time in a long time last week.  But haven't had that issue since then.  Though, oddly enough, in the right corner it shows I am not logged in and to "Join Free".  But my posts do show updates....though there was one day earlier this week that some of them didn't.

I've had all the same issues for a few weeks now. I can't attache messages either.

@ MobKaz, the only way I can get to the message boards on my PC is to put theknot.com/community in the search bar, brings me right to the message boards. 

• I have taken screen shots of my wonky Knot pages, but another issue seems to be I cannot upload photos, or memes, either.....

WHY????????

• @MobKaz your post above is the only one that looks 'normal'. I can actually see your Avatar. Everything else looks like the internet loaded in 1995 ...
  • ernursej said:
    @MobKaz your post above is the only one that looks 'normal'. I can actually see your Avatar. Everything else looks like the internet loaded in 1995 ...
    Great!  Now I have a very old tune stuck in my head, because I see "London (Lisa), (I see France), @ILoveBeachMusic and a few very "oldies" and a random deleted or two.  How very odd.  I cannot even begin to explain what the dang Olay ad is doing to my page.  It's bad enough when it takes @KnotRiley (or whatever that new remix of mods is called these days) three months two respond, but holiday and end of year time?  Oy!  Perhaps they will be inspired to clean up this mess when they realize Christmas/New Year's and the newly engaged go "hand in hand".  LOL
  • Yeah, strange I can see your avatar too @MobKaz and a few others (including LondonLisa's) go figure! BTW I'm up in your neck of the woods this weekend. My daughter's birthday is today. We are celebrating tomorrow because they are at a wedding tonight, and we are babysitting!
  • I have posted the link to this thread to the administrators. Let's hope someone reaches out soon. ::sigh::

• Yeah, strange I can see your avatar too @MobKaz and a few others (including LondonLisa's) go figure! BTW I'm up in your neck of the woods this weekend. My daughter's birthday is today. We are celebrating tomorrow because they are at a wedding tonight, and we are babysitting!
     I know I don’t need to tell you to enjoy every minute!   The area will be insane because of the Packer- Bears game tomorrow, but what perfect weather for Christkindlmarket if you had a chance tomorrow!!  Happiest of Birthdays to your DD. 
  • I haven't been able to log in on mobile in weeks. On my laptop, I have the same issue as PP where it has the log in button but I'm already logged in.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• edited January 2019
    I have no problem logging in on my phone, but I just got a “502 Bad Gateway” message when I tried to log in on my laptop. Really annoying. I just want to show off my wedding pictures!
  • Ugh, dammit, TK. Your incompetence is now keeping us from seeing wedding pictures. :( 

Image result for fist shaking gif
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • And, once again I am unable to log in to The Knot on my desk top or iPad. I get the dreaded 502 Bad Gateway/openresty. 
  • Curiouser and curiouser.  I logged in via a fresh link to the "Community Forum" page.  It contained a small box that said, "If this page looks different to you, refresh HERE.  At least in doing that, I was able to get an actual log in page that actually worked.
    I guess I will consider this my synapse exercise for the day LOL
  • edited January 2019
    MobKaz said:
    Curiouser and curiouser.  I logged in via a fresh link to the "Community Forum" page.  It contained a small box that said, "If this page looks different to you, refresh HERE.  At least in doing that, I was able to get an actual log in page that actually worked.
    I deleted my browser history and then did the same thing you did. It worked! Thanks, @MobKaz!

Edited to add -- Except now I can't upload pics on my laptop. Going to try on my phone.
  • MobKaz said:
    Curiouser and curiouser.  I logged in via a fresh link to the "Community Forum" page.  It contained a small box that said, "If this page looks different to you, refresh HERE.  At least in doing that, I was able to get an actual log in page that actually worked.
    I deleted my browser history and then did the same thing you did. It worked! Thanks, @MobKaz!

Edited to add -- Except now I can't upload pics on my laptop. Going to try on my phone.
     I have not been able to upload any pics onto my posts for a couple months now.  
  • MobKaz said:
    MobKaz said:

I have not been able to upload any pics onto my posts for a couple months now.  
     I was able to upload pics on my phone. It just took a while.

• Images work again!

• Wow!  Not an urban myth!    Feeling giddy and somewhat greedy......avatars, anyone?  Those odd buttons kind of creep me out for some reason :-(
  • MobKaz said:
    Wow!  Not an urban myth!    Feeling giddy and somewhat greedy......avatars, anyone?  Those odd buttons kind of creep me out for some reason :-(
    Are you and I the only ones with avatars?
  • MobKaz said:
    Wow!  Not an urban myth!    Feeling giddy and somewhat greedy......avatars, anyone?  Those odd buttons kind of creep me out for some reason :-(
    Are you and I the only ones with avatars?
    You and MobKaz are special. It's been that way for a few weeks. Maybe we have to choose between gifs and avatars? Copy/paste is working, too.