Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Day!

My coworker has not stopped coughing since like the beginning of November. Not exaggerating, it's RARE to go 5 minutes without her coughing. I've seen her multiple times coughing and not covering her mouth. She's been here nine minutes and already sneezed 4 times, coughed like 100 and blown her nose twice. If this bitch gets me sick, I'mma be PISSED. I have 17 people coming over on Monday, including 4 people in their 80s and a 9 month old. And I have 11 different cookies/baked goods to make and lasagnas for all these people. I cannot get sick. I will punch her.

So my agent that I hate at work? Got me a $250 "google assistant" for Christmas and donated $100 to PANcan. I am floored. I can't believe he was so generous. I need to try harder to be nice to this guy. 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Prudie Day!

• Options
    Good luck @ShesSoCold.   I continue to count my blessings that we're waking up and feeling OK here.  

My FIL is due over any moment now.   He's retired but used to work in HVAC and knows boilers, furnaces, etc.   I never go in the unfinished area of our basement but DH spent some extensive time there recently and it looks like we may be buying ourselves a new boiler soon.   Here's hoping we keep heat on through Christmas.   I trust that our finances are in good enough shape that while this would be an annoying hit it's not something outside the bounds of what we can afford....but I don't think kitchen renovations are happening anytime soon if this is!

Chiquita's concert is today.   I'm looking forward to hearing a bunch of 3 graders sing badly.  
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold Fingers crossed you don't get sick! And what an amazingly generous gift! 

@banana468 Fingers crossed for your family as well that everyone stays healthy! Our furnace is as old as H and I (32) and we're grateful every morning that we wake up and it's still working. We have quotes and the money saved for a new one but that doesn't mean we want to replace it anytime soon.

Rough night last night for our family. Our dog had a seizure last night (also had one on Monday) and we had to rush him to the vet. Not sure yet what's going on - they took a bunch of blood and a urine sample - but we're hoping that it's nothing serious or wrong neurologically. The vet is leaning towards a liver shunt, which can be fixed surgically, but we won't know next steps until the blood work comes back. It was the scariest 60 seconds of my life watching my dog have a seizure. Luckily after it was over he was right back to himself and begging for food but I'm going to be stressed until we know what to do next.
  • Options
    Oh wow since November?  That cant be a cold that’s been dragging on that long!  We have a strict “work from home don’t take anyone out” policy when it comes to colds. Very nice of your agent ssc!

FX it’s not a broiler issue banana.  That would suck.  I wish I could go to my niece’s concerts.  I found out my niece (1st grade) was the star of the show and my sister (sho had to work) got a lot of texts from friends of parents who went saying they loved my nieces sass! 

Today the exec admin came in from headquarters.  And there is literally no work to be done.  So not only did I have to arrive 5 minutes early (usually it’s 5 mintes late).... I have to pretend to work for 8 hours and 5 minutes.   

• Options
    Oh no @cupcait927!  That is scary as hell.  Glad everything is ok now.  Hopefully they can diagnose and fix.

• Options
    @ShesSoCold Fingers crossed you don't get sick! And what an amazingly generous gift! 

@banana468 Fingers crossed for your family as well that everyone stays healthy! Our furnace is as old as H and I (32) and we're grateful every morning that we wake up and it's still working. We have quotes and the money saved for a new one but that doesn't mean we want to replace it anytime soon.

Rough night last night for our family. Our dog had a seizure last night (also had one on Monday) and we had to rush him to the vet. Not sure yet what's going on - they took a bunch of blood and a urine sample - but we're hoping that it's nothing serious or wrong neurologically. The vet is leaning towards a liver shunt, which can be fixed surgically, but we won't know next steps until the blood work comes back. It was the scariest 60 seconds of my life watching my dog have a seizure. Luckily after it was over he was right back to himself and begging for food but I'm going to be stressed until we know what to do next.
    Oh no, is this Fred? Really hoping he’s all right and it’s nothing serious! Thanks so scary. 
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018

Sending out the "no whammies" for, @ShesSoCold.  That is a nice gift from your coworker!  Maybe he has some redeeming qualities (maybe).

Edited to add: sending out good vibes for your doggy, @cupcait927.  I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Full day of work today.  Half day tomorrow.  I'm almost there!  But it's tough.  I've been exhausted most of this week, including today.

I'm not sure what is going on with me but, for the last two weeks or so, my skin has gone crazy.  I have all these groups of itchy dots...sort of look like bug bites...that sometimes turn into rashes.  So much itchiness and its been affecting my sleep :(.

I've never had this happen before and thought it would just subside naturally.  But it might be time to go to an Urgent Care.  I got a new sheet set recently, but haven't used them yet.  I might try one last Hail Mary and see if new sheets help.  I already use the "no allergen" type of laundry detergents.

Today, I'm going straight home and will try to go to bed early.  Tomorrow will be a busy day.  I work in the morning and then have lots of errands to run.  But then a long weekend to stretch out and relax!   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! 

Boo to your stupid co-irker, SSC.  

Fingers crossed Banana. 

Last night DefConn and I ran around trying to finish up shopping.  I let him pick out a gift for DH from him just for him to turn around and tell DH five min after we got home what it is (a wallet, but still...).  

I'm trying to stop being irrationally annoyed that all of DH's family is coming to Christmas day when we're supposed to do Christmas with them at FIL's on Christmas eve.  I'm being bitchy in my head and I know it. It annoys me that they're all so last minute about everything.  It's not like Christmas is on any other day of the year.  I also guess I'm annoyed that we essentially have to put on a dinner at FIL's across town and then come home to do the same on Christmas. I also don't like DH's grandma (for a frillion reasons) and don't want to spend 2 days with her.   I'm thinking that DH's idea of going to his sister's next year in GA is a good one, but BIL is being deployed this coming summer...so she might come home for the holidays if he's still gone.     

I have a few fresh items (and wine...all the wine) left to get for Christmas dinner, but otherwise we're in good shape.  I have another round of wrapping to do as well.  Plus whatever housework we have left.  

Work is still slow AF.  YAY Prudie day.  
  • Options
    Oh no, cupcait, I hope he's okay! How scary!! Sending you good vibes. <3
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Vibes for doggo @cupcait927

• Options
    Thanks everyone. @charlotte989875 Yeah, it's Fred. He's only 4 1/2 so the fact that something serious like this is happening makes it even more stressful. Thankfully we already had an appointment at the vet last night at 7 to bring the new puppy in for a vaccine so they told us to bring Fred along as well. When we were waiting for the vet to come (an hour and a half later), I heard a woman come out just absolutely sobbing, one of those gut wrenching cries, and I'm guessing they had to put a beloved family member down. So that made me cry in the exam room. 
  • Options
    Okay post got eaten 6 times thanks TK so forget my updates lol...all I’ll try to send is Aw sending good vibes to your dog @cupcait927

• Options
    Good vibes for Fred @cupcait927! One of our dogs had seizures but was put on meds that controlled them. She lived a long life - 15+ years. Hopefully Fred will too.

Fingers crossed banana.

I'm baking today and cleaning some more. More checks off the list!
  • Options

Cupcait - I hope Fred is ok and you get good news for him!

Today is my Friday for the year! LOL!  I still have a lot to do the next two days, but after Christmas I will get to relax.  I am again hosting something on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at my house.  But at least I only have to clean once!  Christmas Eve and Day are going to be easy meals of set and forget oven items!

If I don't come around I wish all WWers a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year!!!

• Options
    Good vibes and hugs for Fred @cupcait927

Fingers crossed! @banana468

Ugh, that’s so annoying @ShesSoCold. I hateeee when people are so inconsiderate. Like cover your damn mouth and use sanitizer. 

I didnt get to sleep until 5 am so I’m just now getting up. I still only got 3.5 hours of sleep so I’m just going to accept that “exhausted” is just my new state of being. Last night FI sent out a text that volunteered our place to do Christmas Eve and I wanted to punch him. Yesterday was annoying and stressful. Today my parents are coming over to help us prepare for the party on Saturday, which is nice of them. Tomorrow might be the busiest day this week. I have to hit up four different stores plus tidy the house and do preliminary cooking. And I need to decide how I’m cooking the prime rib. Any advice for cooking it on a BBQ? I’m thinking I might have to go that way to free up oven space for other meals. 

• Options
    Puppy vibes!

ssdd here except for this instant classic from m2 (she’s 7). In case you can’t read it “the best part of me is my hands. First, they hold my fork. Second they pet my cat. Third, the feed my ten fish. 
  • Options
    Update: So far kids are healthy!

Update 2: My bank account will be taking a significant hit between late 2018 and early 2019 and a shiny new boiler isn't even something I can show off!  

Oh well - this is what home ownership is.
  • Options
    @6fsn, OMG so adorable!  It's fun to view the world through the eyes of children.  I give M2 five stars for her very logical answer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @6fsn That is so cute!!

@levioosa vibes that you can get some real sleep soon. And I'd be pissed if my H volunteered my house on Christmas Eve without asking me first, especially because you're already hosting this weekend.
  • Options
    Hope everyone stays healthy in time for holiday plans

Cupcait I hope they figure out what is going on with the dog
  • Options

I had a chiropractic appointment scheduled for today that I badly need - it's a new doctor - and they just called to say that apparently I need a PCP referral for chiropractic care under my current insurance.  It doesn't list that specifically anywhere on my insurance, so I called them too, and apparently I DO need a referral for chiropractic care.  I think it's ridiculous.  My PCP is great and responsive, but she can't get a referral through the system in 2 hours.  I'm super disappointed. 

Good news is that today is my last day of work til after new years!!!!  I went to the gym this am since I was supposed to have an appointment later, so now I have time to run a couple errands, clean the house a little and maybe make some Christmas candy before we go out of town tomorrow morning. 

Happy holidays to everyone here!

• Options

6 - That is adorable!

Leviosa - I would look up some recipes online if you have time.  But if it were me, I would use high heat on the grill to sear all sides of the meat.  Once you have nice grill marks on the sides, turn off one burner and put the meat over that off shut off burner.  This will cook it indirectly.  Try to make sure the overall temp of the grill stays around 300-350.  If you have one of those internal temp probes, that will help you know when the meat is to your desired temp without opening the grill repeatedly and losing built up heat.