Wedding Woes

How did you not know...like visually...?

2»

Re: How did you not know...like visually...?

• Everyone stop. Some states have weight listed on your drivers license??!! 
  • We don't even put weight on our licenses - just height.   But as we all see: it doesn't matter that it's written down when we can take our own artistic license with our reporting. 

The only thing I can think is that if there's any kind of alert out for a missing person maybe this information is useful?  

But I do hope that the LW isn't like Midge Maisel at night who just pretends to oversleep with a full face of makeup on every morning.    
  • eileenrob said:
    Everyone stop. Some states have weight listed on your drivers license??!! 
    LOL I didn't know some states don't!

I think IL just got rid of hair color in the last several years on our licenses. We have height, weight and eye color. And if we wear glasses (which now I'm wondering how I can remove that since I got lasik...). 

At least in IL, the weight on DLs is a complete crapshoot. No one verifies shit and like Pam said, even big discrepancies aren't questioned. Which makes me wonder why they're even on there. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • eileenrob said:
    Everyone stop. Some states have weight listed on your drivers license??!! 
    Back at ya, some don't? haha.  I've had a driver's license in both CA and currently in Louisiana.  Both of those states list weight and height, though I suppose I can't speak about present-day CA.  I assumed all states did, just because that's been my experience, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well I’m trying to learn one new thing a day this year and I’ve learned about other (most?) states’ licenses today. Thank you guys. In NY it’s just height and eye color. Which in my mind makes sense bc they’re things that don’t change the way weight and hair color can.  I’m glad to hear that the weight doesn’t get questioned  :#
  • eileenrob said:
    Well I’m trying to learn one new thing a day this year and I’ve learned about other (most?) states’ licenses today. Thank you guys. In NY it’s just height and eye color. Which in my mind makes sense bc they’re things that don’t change the way weight and hair color can.  I’m glad to hear that the weight doesn’t get questioned  :#

You just haven't seen my amethyst contacts ;).  Which, sadly, turn my blue eyes more of a hazel.  They don't look purple at all in them :(.

But now I have to brag about one of my all-time favorite compliments.  I was picking up my colored contacts at the eye doctor.  The tech took a good look at me and asked, "You're not wearing colored contacts right now are you?  That's your natural eye color?"  I verified it was (it was).  She laughed and said, "People pay good money to get your eye color!"  I thanked her and assured her that I love my own eye color also, but it's still fun to change-up the color sometimes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eileenrob said:
    Well I’m trying to learn one new thing a day this year and I’ve learned about other (most?) states’ licenses today. Thank you guys. In NY it’s just height and eye color. Which in my mind makes sense bc they’re things that don’t change the way weight and hair color can.  I’m glad to hear that the weight doesn’t get questioned  :#
    That's what I was thinking, weight is such a weird thing to include because it can change so much and who's going to update their license as often as their weight changes? I'm so glad NY just does height and eye color, though I have changed my height at least once when renewing.

Also on the pants thing, I'm 5'6" and Old Navy has the worst pants, their "regular" length pants go down to the bottom of my shoes, I had to buy "short" jeans and those are just a tiny bit too long for my liking. I wish women's pants followed sizing like men's pants. You know you measurements and can get whatever size you need, instead of guessing if a 14 in one brand is the same as a 14 in another when it's actually closer to an 18.

• Also on the pants thing, I'm 5'6" and Old Navy has the worst pants, their "regular" length pants go down to the bottom of my shoes, I had to buy "short" jeans and those are just a tiny bit too long for my liking. I wish women's pants followed sizing like men's pants. You know you measurements and can get whatever size you need, instead of guessing if a 14 in one brand is the same as a 14 in another when it's actually closer to an 18.
    1,000x yes!  Women complain all the time, everywhere about how random and horrible sizing has become.  Why?  WHY?!?!  Is it still like this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I fantasize about winning the lottery, usually my first thought is how I'd be able to afford to hire someone to find clothes that fit me perfectly and/or get custom clothes made. Especially jeans. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • When I fantasize about winning the lottery, usually my first thought is how I'd be able to afford to hire someone to find clothes that fit me perfectly and/or get custom clothes made. Especially jeans. 
    Jeans.  Dear god, yes, Jeans.  Someone would definitely have to custom make those for me.   

• Also on the pants thing, I'm 5'6" and Old Navy has the worst pants, their "regular" length pants go down to the bottom of my shoes, I had to buy "short" jeans and those are just a tiny bit too long for my liking. I wish women's pants followed sizing like men's pants. You know you measurements and can get whatever size you need, instead of guessing if a 14 in one brand is the same as a 14 in another when it's actually closer to an 18.
    1,000x yes!  Women complain all the time, everywhere about how random and horrible sizing has become.  Why?  WHY?!?!  Is it still like this.
    Evidently men's sizes do this too!

I talked to my brother who manages a big and tall store and he said that most men walk into the store thinking they're one size and leave finding out that the sizes in that store are smaller!  And he sells name brand merchandise!   I don't understand it but it's not limited to women only. 
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2019
    Yes, AK licenses have weight. Also height and eye and hair color. It does also list any restrictions, which includes corrective lenses. Interestingly though, although I've worn glasses or contacts since I was 10, my license did not have that restriction (that I can only drive when I'm wearing vision correction) for the first few years. I guess they didn't ask or didn't have a spot to mark on the form then? I'm not sure. But it only started being on my license when I was 21 or so.