Attire & Accessories Forum

Is my diamond set too high?

Hello!

i just got my domain re-set in a new setting due to a prong issue in my last one. The halo is new and I’m wondering if the diamond was set too high. I’ve seen some where the diamond lays completely low. You can tell much from the top view, but you can see it from the side. 

Your feedback is appreciated!

Re: Is my diamond set too high?

• It does look very high IMO, but I don't know what it is supposed to be the design-style. It seems like you may snag it on things (knitwear etc).
  • Thank you! Yes - I’m afraid of damaging the diamond by bumping into something. I think I may take it to the jeweler to see if they could lower it anymore. 
  • You probably won't damage the diamond, but it could damage your clothes or surfaces. I think it's a good idea to have it lowered. It's a lovely setting, though, and I have no doubt that a good jeweler could lower the diamond without affecting the beauty of the ring.
  • Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I’m going to take in this week to see if it could be lowered. I’ll keep you guys posted. 
  • Maybe it's the design, but it almost seems to me that the new halo is too small so they had to put the diamond up higher to look right from above. 

I have a halo too so I looked at mine for comparison, and yours is quite a bit higher. Hopefully they can do something; as others said, you may snag it and damage things.