Gay Weddings

Beautiful photos of NY's newest newlyweds

Yesterday marked the first day same sex couples could marry in New York. The NYT has put together a moving collection of photos of couples being wed around the state. My waterworks turned on at photo number 5, wow.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/07/24/nyregion/20110725-MARRIAGE.html

ETA: And some more here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/portraits-of-gay-couples-just-married-in-new-york  

Photobucket

Re: Beautiful photos of NY's newest newlyweds

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It strikes me that these are revealing images of couples getting married, not just of gay couples.  So often, bridal industry stuff shows only two thin and gorgeous 20-somethings getting married, always wearing the approved big white dress and tux.  As these pictures show, joy is not limited to young thin people who can afford expensive clothes.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, god, picture 5 made me cry, too!  
    imageWhite Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    awww! These were incredibly sweet! Yep - picture 5 made me cry!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • chrmunchrmun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not crying, I just have something in my eye.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I love these. Saw them earlier and even the second time around they still make me tear up. So beautiful.
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• KeelsmarksKeelsmarks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Couple #5- what an inspiration. 23 years together. I hope that I have that much love and happiness in my relationship 23 years from now and beyond. True love knows no gender or sexual orientation.
  • edited December 2011

We were there and are just putting the final touches on our blog post about it.  It was truly amazing. The pictures are beautiful!

• snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Picture #12 killed me. So much emotion and happiness!
  • snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I don't know if anyone clicked on the 2nd link and then saw another story on the website of 23 Gay Couples That Can't Get Married, but I broke down seeing the two men who have been together 25 years and raised three developmentally disabled children. What amazing people. Wow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards