Wedding Woes

Tuesssssday!

2»

Re: Tuesssssday!

• Did you give her pizza after her chant??
  • @ShesSoCold, it's official!  The Stones are coming to NOLA's Jazz Fest for May 2nd.  Though, if I remember correctly, you all weren't potentially coming anymore, when you opted for great tickets at their more local (to you) show.

Here's a link to this year's line-up:

https://www.theadvocate.com/gambit/new_orleans/news/article_d8b39daa-17ba-11e9-86b0-3f784a5cc476.html

I saw that, thank you!!! I did have to laugh at the Stones and Katy Perry headlining JAZZfest. Clearly "jazz" is used loosely. 

You're right, though, that we'll probably skip it. We're too broke and too in limbo with selling the house and moving and whatever else. I'm actually really hoping we'll already be gone by June when they're in Chicago and I'll have to fly back for the weekend. 

It sort of is, but it isn't, lol.  Now I'm going to drag out a tiny bit of the history.  The first few years (early 70's) it was initially part of a Louisiana Heritage Fair.  New Orleans is considered the birthplace of jazz.  Even in the origins of the festival, it was certainly a nod to jazz music, but also celebrated other genres.  Especially Cajun and gospel music.

Fast forward to the present time and the NOLA Jazz Fest has become huge and truly a celebration of all music, from all over the world.  Sure, there are the big headliners on the main stage.  There is also a lot of jazz music around.  As well as groups from...everywhere!  Off the top of my head, I've heard groups/music from Hawaii, the Caribbean, Africa, South America at JazzFest and I'm sure that's barely scratching the surface.

I especially remember the Hawaiian music because that was a bit unusual, even for JazzFest.  It was the first year I'd seen that type of music and it also happened to be the one and only year my mom came to town for this event.  She was born and raised in Hawaii and most of my family from that side lives there, so we were definitely going to check out that group.  We're about 3-4 songs in and my mom leans over to me and says, "They're pretty terrible, do you mind if we go listen to something else?"  lmao.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kvruns I'm using CarbManager and I really like it (two days in LOL).

@eileenrob I'm so sorry to hear that.  H had a student pass from cancer a couple of years ago and it was devastating to the whole community.
  • So I’m still thinking about my lady doctor appointment yesterday; in what other world do we expect women (not men because clearly it’s NOT the same) to meet someone and in fewer than 10 minutes have a very *thorough* (for lack of a better word) interaction with them. My new doctor is great, but seriously. 
  • kvruns said:
    Did you give her pizza after her chant??

Yes!  It's what was for dinner that night!  I asked "Do you want pizza for dinner?"  And was answered with a pizza chant!
  • So I’m still thinking about my lady doctor appointment yesterday; in what other world do we expect women (not men because clearly it’s NOT the same) to meet someone and in fewer than 10 minutes have a very *thorough* (for lack of a better word) interaction with them. My new doctor is great, but seriously. 
    Meh, my dad refers to his new doc as checking his tonsils.
  • banana468 said:
    So I’m still thinking about my lady doctor appointment yesterday; in what other world do we expect women (not men because clearly it’s NOT the same) to meet someone and in fewer than 10 minutes have a very *thorough* (for lack of a better word) interaction with them. My new doctor is great, but seriously. 
    Meh, my dad refers to his new doc as checking his tonsils.
    Touche. Legit laughed out loud at this.