Wedding Party

Bachelorette party presents for eveyone?

Hello ladies,

I have never been in a wedding or gone to a bach party so I am not sure all the etiquette/rules for this kind of thing. My question was am I supposed to get everyone going to the bachelorette party a gift just for attending? It is going to a be a low key weekend nothing to crazy or expensive, and the gifts attending are my bridal party of course and a few other girls (not in the wedding party) but are invited tot he wedding. I am of course getting gifts for my bridal party but on top of my parents and grooms parents , so it is already going to be expensive for that. Is it necessary for the girls attending the bach party to get a gift too?

Re: Bachelorette party presents for eveyone?

• edited January 2019
    Hello ladies,

I have never been in a wedding or gone to a bach party so I am not sure all the etiquette/rules for this kind of thing. My question was am I supposed to get everyone going to the bachelorette party a gift just for attending? It is going to a be a low key weekend nothing to crazy or expensive, and the gifts attending are my bridal party of course and a few other girls (not in the wedding party) but are invited tot he wedding. I am of course getting gifts for my bridal party but on top of my parents and grooms parents , so it is already going to be expensive for that. Is it necessary for the girls attending the bach party to get a gift too?
    Are you the bride or the bachelorette party host? I'm confused because you sound like the bride but also that you're planning the bach party.

If you're the bride, you don't need to worry about anything, let alone gifts, regarding the bachelorette. You might want to send the host a thank you type gift later, but that would be it.

If you're the host, I wouldn't give a gift just for attending. Just doesn't sound like something I'd want to spend my time/money on. There's no reason why you couldn't or shouldn't, but you definitely don't need to.

Edited for clarity.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • No, you don’t have to give anyone a “thanks for attending” gift.
  • No, I've never heard of thank you gift for bach parties. 
  • Were you planning on giving your bridal party their gifts during the bachelorette party?  Is that why this is a concern?
    Even though all would understand, I would find a private time with your BM's to thank them for being in your wedding party with a gift.
    If one has nothing to do with the other, then no, attendance gifts are not necessary.  Were you thinking more along the lines of a party favor?  Again, that would not be necessary, and even if it was, that would be at the discretion of the host.  
  • I am the bride, sorry I didn't make that clear lol. But my MOH is the host but she is still filling me in on things.
  • I am the bride, sorry I didn't make that clear lol. But my MOH is the host but she is still filling me in on things.
    If she's the host, it's up to her to decide if she wants to give attendees a favor. I agree that they're rare at b-parties, I have seen something along the lines of a photo strip taken that night or mini-bottles of the theme liquor. Either way, it's not something the bride should have in say over. 
  • I've never seen gifts/favors for bachelorette attendees. (Unless it's like, penis straws...)

Gifts for the wedding party are customary but ordinarily given at the time of the wedding (at the RD, or while getting ready).