Attire & Accessories Forum

Beware of Curvy Unicorn Bridal!

Since Curvy Uncorn Bridal is not listed as a vendor I couldn't post my review. I want to make sure other brides are aware of what happened to me.

Curvy Unicorn Bridal is an online plus size wedding dress vendor who also participates in pop up shops at various dress stores and bridal shows all over. This was my experience:

Brides Beware!!

I had gone to a pop up shop that was hosting Curvy Unicorn Bridal in Feb. 2018 and fell in love with one of their wedding dresses. I felt so special that Keneshia the founder/designer was there and I was her first purchase. She told me that she would oversee the whole process of the dress from start to finish. When purchasing the dress we were told that we had to pay the full amount and could not do a deposit. I was also told that the dress should be finished in about 2 to 3 months. As time got closer I had not heard anything about the dress so I emailed Keneshia in May and asked for an update. I was told that they would have a ship date the following week. We then called about a week later and were told that the people who make the dresses take the whole month of Feb off due to Chinese new year and the dress was not started until mid March. She also said the dress was made wrong and not to my measurements so it needed to be remade which would take about another 2 months. In mid June I asked for an update and got an auto reply email saying they were out of town. After their return, I sent two more emails and finally got an email reply 19 days later which said my dress should be ready at the end of July. After waiting a few days with no call or email telling me if my dress had arrived I reached out once again only to receive another auto reply message that they were out of town and wouldn't be back for a few days. After they were supposedly back I called Keneisha and left her a voicemail. I never received a return call. 2 days later my mother leaves a voicemail and never received a return call. The following day I received an email saying that the dress had not arrived and they were tracking it to get an updated delivery date. I replied and asked for the tracking number only to get once again another auto reply that they were out of town. We decided to contact the company who hosted the pop up shop and they informed us that they had severed all ties with Curvy Unicorn Bridal as they never paid for their pop up boutique and would not answer any of their calls. I was devastated! We had to file a credit card claim in order to try and get the money returned. There is no address or phone number listed on their website only an email for communication. So with a little over 3 months until my wedding I had to find another wedding dress last minute after being told constant lies. To this day I have never heard again from Curvy Unicorn Bridal.

Re: Beware of Curvy Unicorn Bridal!

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Thankfully you did get your money back.  It is frustrating to have to find a new dress, but in the big scheme of things, it is not the worst issue in the world.
    I would be sure to access any opportunity to write a review so others can make a safe decision regarding this company.  They have an Instagram profile that offers information on all their "business" connections.
  • edited January 2019
    Yes I have been trying but was blocked immediately after posting my review on their fb page. I was also blocked from their Instagram. They dont have any vendor listings on any wedding websites. I wonder how many other brides have tried to write a review with no success...
  • Perhaps you should post something on the Better Business Bureau website then.
  • MobKaz said:
    Perhaps you should post something on the Better Business Bureau website then.
    Yes and file a report with your state's Attorney General.