Wedding Woes

Brrrr it's cold in here ... there must be some toros in the atmosphere!

Heya!  I finally figured out how to log back in to this wonky thing.  I was just whining with @banana468 separately .... it's 36 degrees outside and we're out in the country headed to a wedding of a family friend.  I thought, "oh, my red dress and wool coat will be fine because no fool would have a wedding outside in this weather."  So, I'm about to head to Wal-Mart to get some warm pantyhose.

How are y'all?

Re: Brrrr it's cold in here ... there must be some toros in the atmosphere!

• Heya!  I finally figured out how to log back in to this wonky thing.  I was just whining with @banana468 separately .... it's 36 degrees outside and we're out in the country headed to a wedding of a family friend.  I thought, "oh, my red dress and wool coat will be fine because no fool would have a wedding outside in this weather."  So, I'm about to head to Wal-Mart to get some warm pantyhose.

How are y'all?
    Hi! I’ve been thinking about you, glad you posted!

We finally got married in August, and so far it’s been great! All the animals are thriving, work is still driving me crazy, and DW’s taking a break from school but plans to go back in the summer. Life is good.
  • Great to "see" you @holyguacamole79! It looks like the knotgods might have gotten things figured out around here. Not a lot going on on the boards though. Hope you stay warm at the wedding.  It so cold out there!
  • Heya!  I finally figured out how to log back in to this wonky thing.  I was just whining with @banana468 separately .... it's 36 degrees outside and we're out in the country headed to a wedding of a family friend.  I thought, "oh, my red dress and wool coat will be fine because no fool would have a wedding outside in this weather."  So, I'm about to head to Wal-Mart to get some warm pantyhose.

How are y'all?
    WHOA WHOA WHOA - you can't tease like that and leave...  

Enjoy your new Cuddle Duds!!!!
  • Hey!! Good to see you. How are things? It’s pretty chilly out here in Buffalo. Hope you stay warm!
  • edited February 2019
    Yeah, the MOG is one of my mom's best friends.  I texted MOG on Thursday and she said reception is inside but the bride wants the wedding outside, but they're being mindful of weather.  MOG told my mom last night that the ceremony is, in fact, outside.  It's grey, overcast, and cold.  But I'll have my 3 month old niece to snuggle with and star warm.
  • Hey! Good to “see” you!  

Not gonna lie, if I knew a ceremony was outside in 36 degree weather I’d be skipping it and joining the indoor reception later. 

• .... I don’t care if it weren’t my own sister or my own child I wouldn’t stand outside for a ceremony in 36* weather in a dress and wool coat. And if for some reason I *had* to, I certainly wouldn’t be happy about it. 

My gosh. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • .... I don’t care if it weren’t my own sister or my own child I wouldn’t stand outside for a ceremony in 36* weather in a dress and wool coat. And if for some reason I *had* to, I certainly wouldn’t be happy about it. 

My gosh. 
    Thankfully I had a coat.  The bridesmaids, though, were in sleeveless chiffon dresses.  You could see them clearly shivering.  They were very very cold.

How are y'all?
    Hi! I’ve been thinking about you, glad you posted!

We finally got married in August, and so far it’s been great! All the animals are thriving, work is still driving me crazy, and DW’s taking a break from school but plans to go back in the summer. Life is good.
    @OurWildKingdom, I'm so happy to hear your good news!  I read your other post and am thankful that you & DW are so happy.  ❤️

My gosh. 
    Thankfully I had a coat.  The bridesmaids, though, were in sleeveless chiffon dresses.  You could see them clearly shivering.  They were very very cold.
    Poor bridesmaids. We had an outdoor ceremony, but we were prepared to have it inside if the weather didn’t cooperate.

Apart from the outdoor ceremony, how was the wedding?

My gosh. 
    Poor bridesmaids. We had an outdoor ceremony, but we were prepared to have it inside if the weather didn’t cooperate.

Apart from the outdoor ceremony, how was the wedding?
    I think contingency plans are SOOOOO key.  It wasn't obvious at this venue where the ceremony could've been indoors unless they used the same space for ceremony and reception.  I felt badly because my infant niece started crying during the toasts while I was holding her.  I couldn't take her outside because it was so damn cold and I didn't want to disrupt things.  So my mom & I rushed to find a blanket and sneak into the bridal suite to change her diaper.  

They had a soil ceremony during their wedding which was a spin on the sand ceremony.  They took soil from the homes from each of their families & blended it for the garden in their home.  I thought it was an interesting twist.  I was also freezing cold.  

But omgosh the appetizers were awesome!  They had halved avocados and a filling bar where you could add salsa, pico, jalapenos, cheese, bacon crumbles, cilantro, and a bunch of other goodness.  Dinner was fajitas which was yummy.  And I'm thanking my lucky stars that my 3 y/o nephew didn't lose it yelling when they finally cut the cake.  The ring bearers are 2 & 4 and they had fun dancing with my nephew (they're close family friends, so they had played together plenty before!)

• I think contingency plans are SOOOOO key.  It wasn't obvious at this venue where the ceremony could've been indoors unless they used the same space for ceremony and reception.  I felt badly because my infant niece started crying during the toasts while I was holding her.  I couldn't take her outside because it was so damn cold and I didn't want to disrupt things.  So my mom & I rushed to find a blanket and sneak into the bridal suite to change her diaper.  

They had a soil ceremony during their wedding which was a spin on the sand ceremony.  They took soil from the homes from each of their families & blended it for the garden in their home.  I thought it was an interesting twist.  I was also freezing cold.  

But omgosh the appetizers were awesome!  They had halved avocados and a filling bar where you could add salsa, pico, jalapenos, cheese, bacon crumbles, cilantro, and a bunch of other goodness.  Dinner was fajitas which was yummy.  And I'm thanking my lucky stars that my 3 y/o nephew didn't lose it yelling when they finally cut the cake.  The ring bearers are 2 & 4 and they had fun dancing with my nephew (they're close family friends, so they had played together plenty before!)
    I have never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like the BEST.EVER!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy they were GLORIOUS!  There were 2 different kinds of salsa and I couldn't decide, so I got one of each.  I'm totally inspired for a future dinner idea now!  :D
  • Welcome back! And I'm loving the Bring It On cheer