Chit Chat

When you don't want to go on a "family cruise"

2»

Re: When you don't want to go on a "family cruise"

• edited February 2019
    Jen4948 said:
    Unfortunately, my parents and brother jerked me around today. I posted about it in today's Wedding Woes thread.
    I read your posts over there. I’m sorry your parents and brother are being passive-aggressive and selfish. More than that, they know they’re doing it and don’t care. You’re definitely better off skipping the trip even if you could go. Heck, I probably wouldn’t even be speaking to them for a very long time.

ETA: I know I lowballed it, but I’m trying to clean up my language online. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Thanks @OurWildKingdom.

Yes, @maine7mob, this is typical of them. It doesn't matter whether I go along with the plan or not. I don't matter to them.
  • Update: My parents told me back in February right after this happened that they'd decided against the cruise. Although I repaired (at least for now) my relationship with my mother, I am still not on speaking terms with their son and his family. That doesn't appear to be likely to change any time soon.

Yesterday they told me they were going on the cruise with their son and his family, and now my aunt and uncle are going too. (My cousin and her family were going, but changed their minds.) Now they're going from California, where their son lives, to Mexico. I was invited to join them, but aside from my feelings about cruising not having changed, that I have no desire to go to Mexico (especially in this political climate) and that I would have had to pay my own way which I cannot afford to do, I reiterated my original decline of the invitation.
  • Good for you! You’re better off without those jerks anyway. Do some fun things you can afford while they’re gone if you can — you’ve earned it!
  • Good for you! You’re better off without those jerks anyway. Do some fun things you can afford while they’re gone if you can — you’ve earned it!
    Thanks. I have plans for that time -- I definitely didn't need to have it co-opted.