Wedding Woes

Happy Galentine’s Day!

nothing new here.  Tonight I’m heading over to my friends to help her teen daughter with taxes (if I can). i’ll stay as long as my eyes let me.  She’s an in door chain smoker.

happy galentine’s day!  Better than valentine’s IMO

Re: Happy Galentine’s Day!

• Good morning! I was just thinking about doing my taxes - thanks for the push!

I'm waiting to see if I'm going to be thrown under a bus and then subsequently rage-quit today. So this is fun. 

H comes home today. I don't know how the people whose spouses work out of state do it. He's been gone 2 days and it feels like a month. Last night the dog sat by the front door and waited for him. The onions I had chopped caught up to me.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Awww SSC that’s so cute.  And while H doesn’t work or live out of state, he does work/live pretty far.  I hate it when I want to plan things to do. Which is usually a lot of the times. 

Don’t rage quit! You’re almost at the point where you can hand in the notice!

Did I tell you guys about the coworker who constantly mentions how much she works and how hard shw works and gets paid so little (trust me, she doesn’t). Yesterday she decided to leave early And said “I’m going home”’(one hour early) “if they don’t like it, they can fire me. But if they do, you guys are in trouble because I do a lot of work”.  I told her she’d be alright.  “But seriously I work a lot” she added.

Saaaaaaaay what?  Guess I don’t?  I can’t with her anymore. 

I'm waiting to see if I'm going to be thrown under a bus and then subsequently rage-quit today. So this is fun. 

H comes home today. I don't know how the people whose spouses work out of state do it. He's been gone 2 days and it feels like a month. Last night the dog sat by the front door and waited for him. The onions I had chopped caught up to me.
    Do it. Rage quit. 
  • Best day of the year!! I just sent me sister that same gif. 

Not much here. Work is busy and I’m feeling stressed. Hoping it lets up a bit soon. 

No no idea what we’re doing but H said I had to be home by 6:20 tonight. He gave me zero clues. 

Do it. Rage quit. 
    Lol you got someone telling you do it!  Someone telling you not to!

• I'm waiting on my husband to find out if he has paperwork for stock options.  He just has to get me paperwork and he can't manage that. 

My sMIL fell Sunday night and broke her hip.  The small hospital didn't have the surgery staff so they transported her to a bigger hospital in the middle of the night.  She had surgery yesterday and is supposed to be released today.

Did I mention that FIL and sMIL drive their pick up with a 5th wheel to Florida for a few months every winter? Yep, they are in Florida right now.  sMIL cannot get into the truck.  She cannot get into and maneuver into the camper and she's supposed to be released today. 

FIL is looking for a rehab facility and a rental car for the time being.  Because they do this travel so often, he has some insurance that will transport her home.  Although he will still need to drive home so there's lots of logistics. 

She may end up with us for a bit, but we don't have a 1st floor shower or anything.....

• Awww SSC that’s so cute.  And while H doesn’t work or live out of state, he does work/live pretty far.  I hate it when I want to plan things to do. Which is usually a lot of the times. 

Don’t rage quit! You’re almost at the point where you can hand in the notice!

Did I tell you guys about the coworker who constantly mentions how much she works and how hard shw works and gets paid so little (trust me, she doesn’t). Yesterday she decided to leave early And said “I’m going home”’(one hour early) “if they don’t like it, they can fire me. But if they do, you guys are in trouble because I do a lot of work”.  I told her she’d be alright.  “But seriously I work a lot” she added.

Saaaaaaaay what?  Guess I don’t?  I can’t with her anymore. 
    I feel if you have to tell people you work a lot they don’t actually know it by your work. 
  • I am just ready for this week (month? Year?) to be over with already. The baby must be growing because he has been fussy the last few days. He would not go back to sleep after his 5am feeding until after we had already dropped DH off at work. Of course I could not nap by then.

I am trying a new place and a new treatment for my hair. DH doesn’t know this but this is my Valentine’s Day present.
  • @CharmedPam I was hoping your story was going to end with “Guess what? They fired her!” Lol

is this grey to everyone else? TK is being so weird for me today.
  • Oh the people who are the loudest about how hard they work are always the people who work the least. 

I actually already gave a notice, a couple weeks ago. There's 3 people in my office with my job title (including me) and one is retiring in June. So to lose 2/3 people in 2 months would suck. Plus they tried to replace a person with my job title in another office and couldn't find anyone for months. So I was trying to do a good thing, but it appears that they might be starting to do the "They don't work here anymore, blame everything on them" deal early. And if that's the case, I will take my happy ass home and you can suck it. 

LOL MJL at your H's "gift" to you. I love it!!

H loves those bitmojis so I got him a mug with one of me on it for V day. He's going to get home earlier than I will today and I told him it was in a box on the table. I bet he doesn't open it. Such self-control with that one.

Oh no, 6! I hope she heals quickly. What an awful way to spend your vacation. :( 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2019

Happy Galentine's Day everyone!

Rage quit if you want to SSC. 

We don't usually do gifts for each other for any holiday, but usually try to go to dinner or something.  This year, we decided to pull the trigger on a new car.  We test drove a few last weekend and really liked the sales guy (I know, that sounds crazy) we were working with.  Got some pricing and very good financing options so we're going to go back on Saturday and finalize everything.  I'm really excited!

We also might try TopGolf this weekend - we have gift card we keep forgetting about!

Random, does anyone own a pair of Rothy's?  https://rothys.com/

• Casadena said:

We don't usually do gifts for each other for any holiday, but usually try to go to dinner or something.  This year, we decided to pull the trigger on a new car.  We test drove a few last weekend and really liked the sales guy (I know, that sounds crazy) we were working with.  Got some pricing and very good financing options so we're going to go back on Saturday and finalize everything.  I'm really excited!

We also might try TopGolf this weekend - we have gift card we keep forgetting about!

I have two! Both are points; I have the Marigold and the Orchid. 
  • @Casadena DH went to TopGolf as a team outing at his last job and really enjoyed it. I had not heard of Rothys but I totally want a pair (or 7) now!
  • Casadena said:

Do you love them?  Have you washed them yet?  I'm super nervous to wash the whole shoe even though that's their big selling point, lol. 
  • Casadena said:
    Casadena said:

Do you love them?  Have you washed them yet?  I'm super nervous to wash the whole shoe even though that's their big selling point, lol. 
    I really love them. I haven’t put them in the washing machine yet, but I have washed them in the sink (in the work bathroom when someone spilled tea all over them) and they were just like new. And they were my yellow ones so I was super worried they’d stain. But they were fine!

i find them super comfortable and they hold their shape really well. But I haven’t put them in the washer yet. 
  • @CharmedPam, I don't understand why anyone would smoke indoors, especially with kids in the house.  The dangers of secondhand smoke are real, plus it causes substantial damage to a home and makes it an unpleasant place to live.  But I'll get off my soapbox.

@ShesSoCold, I'm glad for you and the pups that your H will be home today.

As usual, my bank hasn't sent me my mortgage interest info that I need for my taxes, smh.  I have a normal mortgage and a HELOC with them.  Every, single, frickin' year they either only send the mortgage interest info for one of those or they don't send either.  It's just ridiculous.  This year, I got the info for the HELOC, but not for the mortgage.  I'll add contacting the bank to my list of annoying calls I need to make.  I hate so much calling customer service.  That's a general statement for any business for anything!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    One of my coworkers is a big fan of Rothy's, they look nice I just can't make myself spend that much
    Totally understand. I had a gift card and a promo code and it was still a big purchase. My hope is that they will last much longer than my other flats. I wore through a pair of Aldo’s in like 6 months and my new job. 
  • kvruns said:
    One of my coworkers is a big fan of Rothy's, they look nice I just can't make myself spend that much
    Totally understand. I had a gift card and a promo code and it was still a big purchase. My hope is that they will last much longer than my other flats. I wore through a pair of Aldo’s in like 6 months and my new job. 

Same here, I go through flats like crazy and if these will last me a couple years it will probably be equal to the cheap ones!  I also had a gift card and promo code when I bought these.

So far I really love mine (black with a gold captoe) and I have worn them every day for the last 2 weeks at work.  They are very comfortable too, although it was a challenge to get the sizing right (they tend to run small, especially on the pointy ones). It's definitely an investment, but one or two pairs if they last a long time would be great!

• @ShesSoCold Rage quit. Do it. If I could rage quit the job I have now, I totally would.

SSDD here. Despite it being the middle of February, I'm still cleaning up stuff from Open Enrollment so work hasn't been fun lately. Every day I think more and more about leaving and finding a position at a more established brokerage because this small business/start up life is not for me. 

Emmy (the puppy) has a vet appointment tonight to get the stitches out from her spay surgery two weeks ago. We can finally give her a desperately needed bath tonight (she stinks). Gotta get my run in there and make dinner as well. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend this weekend!
  • Casadena said:
    kvruns said:

Same here, I go through flats like crazy and if these will last me a couple years it will probably be equal to the cheap ones!  I also had a gift card and promo code when I bought these.

So far I really love mine (black with a gold captoe) and I have worn them every day for the last 2 weeks at work.  They are very comfortable too, although it was a challenge to get the sizing right (they tend to run small, especially on the pointy ones). It's definitely an investment, but one or two pairs if they last a long time would be great!

Agree on the sizing! I went up a half size in the points and they were great but my regular size would have been too small. I do like that when I run extra miles before work if my feet are swollen the shoes stretch a bit but go back to their regular shape easily. 
  • @ShesSoCold Rage quit. Do it. If I could rage quit the job I have now, I totally would.

SSDD here. Despite it being the middle of February, I'm still cleaning up stuff from Open Enrollment so work hasn't been fun lately. Every day I think more and more about leaving and finding a position at a more established brokerage because this small business/start up life is not for me. 

Emmy (the puppy) has a vet appointment tonight to get the stitches out from her spay surgery two weeks ago. We can finally give her a desperately needed bath tonight (she stinks). Gotta get my run in there and make dinner as well. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend this weekend!
    Do you have any upcoming races? 

Mans how does Fred get along with the new puppy? 
  • Hope your sMIL is all right 6!

Do you have any upcoming races? 

Mans how does Fred get along with the new puppy? 
    I'm finally giving in and training for my first marathon. H and I are going to run the Buffalo Marathon at the end of May. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'll be happier when I can finally run consistently outside again - makes long runs much more enjoyable.

Fred pretty much hates Emmy. They play occasionally but he'd be happier if he was still the only dog. Luckily she is so easy going and generally just a happy dog that she's fine playing on her own when he's being grumpy.
  • Good vibes for sMIL, 6! 

School today. I can’t decide if I am sick again or not. I’m tired and have a sore throat so the answer is probably yes. I am not feeling ready to work all weekend. 

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2019
    Oh in that case - I stand by your decision to rage quit, SSC
    with coworker, she used to do a lot more work than she does now.  They took away some job tasks for her.  I’d say she’s on the same level as the other 2 in our department.  I just think she’s living in the past when she did a lot more years ago.  Plus she was on medical leave for 6 months - and then came back but went on it again for 2 months... we did fine without her. 
    Edit:words

• 6 - I hope sMIL recovers quickly and the logistics of it all can be figured out by FIL!

Varuna - Happy that both your dad and K's mom are going home.  I hope whatever follow-up care and tests performed give explanations and quick recoveries too.

SSC - Rage quit!  And, of course, report back!

Also, thanks to everyone that gave me MIL job options in yesterday's thread!  I don't think she is cut out for an uber type job, but the airport shuttle thing may work.  I have to ask H if she can drive over bridges (the only way to the Philly airport from NJ) to do that.  I know she doesn't like to go over bridges.  MIL was very happy seeing DD, though she bought her way too much stuff for Valentine's Day!

Yoga has moved back to Wednesday and I'm so happy.  It was a bummer being on Tuesday because that meant I had 3 days of work left, but now I only have 2 work days left after yoga!  Not much else for this evening.

• Vibes for your SMIL, 6. 

Rage the fuck out, yo.  I remember how badly DH wanted to rage quit his last job, but he didn't and they gave him an extra check that we didn't anticipate because the HR lady loved him (he left in the middle of a week and they paid him out the pay period).  

The sun is out, which is really helpful for my mood.  I was feeling pretty foul Mon/Tue.  Things aren't perfect, but the sun definitely helps me feel more chill. 

I need to go get some small stuff for DH and the kids for V-day.  IDK if I'm going to run out today or tomorrow. 
  • I know it seems a bit first world problems to complain about my secretary (and I am super glad I have one!) but when I ask her to look in the file for a document carefully and instead she barely glances at it, tells me it’s missing, and takes a series of personal calls while I spend five minutes looking and find it (in a clearly labeled folder) it really doesn’t make me think she’s an essential employee. Sigh. 
    Was she telling everyone how busy and important she is? ;)

I have a FWP too. A couple years ago, I saw a pair of boots I loved. They were $250 so FUCK NO and I didn't even try them on. I've been thinking about them ever since. I've stalked every website I can, ebay, everything and they don't have them anywhere near my size. I check Amazon nearly every day and today they have a 9.5. The only size above a 6.5 I've seen in MONTHS. I'm a 10 but willing to give a 9.5 a shot. Except they are the ugliest color ever. Like, mustard. And the nice grey pair they have is a 6.5. Grr.