Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Galentine’s Day!

2»

Re: Happy Galentine’s Day!

• Options
    SSC - Have you checked out 6PM, I think is the name.  They are the discount offshoot of Zappos.  What boots are they?
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold Rage quit. Do it. If I could rage quit the job I have now, I totally would.

SSDD here. Despite it being the middle of February, I'm still cleaning up stuff from Open Enrollment so work hasn't been fun lately. Every day I think more and more about leaving and finding a position at a more established brokerage because this small business/start up life is not for me. 

Emmy (the puppy) has a vet appointment tonight to get the stitches out from her spay surgery two weeks ago. We can finally give her a desperately needed bath tonight (she stinks). Gotta get my run in there and make dinner as well. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend this weekend!
    Do you have any upcoming races? 

Mans how does Fred get along with the new puppy? 
    I'm finally giving in and training for my first marathon. H and I are going to run the Buffalo Marathon at the end of May. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'll be happier when I can finally run consistently outside again - makes long runs much more enjoyable.

Fred pretty much hates Emmy. They play occasionally but he'd be happier if he was still the only dog. Luckily she is so easy going and generally just a happy dog that she's fine playing on her own when he's being grumpy.
    Yes! Buffalo is such a great course for the full!! People will have make-shift sponge/ice/water/beer stops especially on the back half in the neighborhood and will be out having marathon parties on their lawn. Last year was pretty warm and a woman was standing on the corner of one of the turns in the blazing sun with a cooler full of ice just handing it out. Also popsicles. City of good neighbors!!

• Options
    @ShesSoCold Rage quit. Do it. If I could rage quit the job I have now, I totally would.

SSDD here. Despite it being the middle of February, I'm still cleaning up stuff from Open Enrollment so work hasn't been fun lately. Every day I think more and more about leaving and finding a position at a more established brokerage because this small business/start up life is not for me. 

Emmy (the puppy) has a vet appointment tonight to get the stitches out from her spay surgery two weeks ago. We can finally give her a desperately needed bath tonight (she stinks). Gotta get my run in there and make dinner as well. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend this weekend!
    Do you have any upcoming races? 

Mans how does Fred get along with the new puppy? 
    I'm finally giving in and training for my first marathon. H and I are going to run the Buffalo Marathon at the end of May. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I'll be happier when I can finally run consistently outside again - makes long runs much more enjoyable.

Fred pretty much hates Emmy. They play occasionally but he'd be happier if he was still the only dog. Luckily she is so easy going and generally just a happy dog that she's fine playing on her own when he's being grumpy.
    Yes! Buffalo is such a great course for the full!! People will have make-shift sponge/ice/water/beer stops especially on the back half in the neighborhood and will be out having marathon parties on their lawn. Last year was pretty warm and a woman was standing on the corner of one of the turns in the blazing sun with a cooler full of ice just handing it out. Also popsicles. City of good neighbors!!

The first half I ever ran was Buffalo and I loved it. The support was amazing, the course was great and the weather at the end of May is usually pretty decent. Figured it would be a good course to run my first full. H has run Buffalo twice (full) and is excited to go back. 
  • Options
    One of my coworkers made it a Happy Galentine's Day, indeed.  I was just in the break room getting some hot tea and there were two trays of Ferrero Rocher candies, plus a small box of chocolates.  It must have been a recent drop-off because it was hardly touched, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My current FWP is today is that kind of day where it’s sunny enough to need sunglasses but cloudy enough that when they’re on, it’s a bit too dark.  Lol.

Rage quit SSC!  Healing vibes to your sMIL @6fsn and I’ve never celebrated Galentine’s Day but I like the idea of it.
  • Options
    SSC - Have you checked out 6PM, I think is the name.  They are the discount offshoot of Zappos.  What boots are they?
    I have. :( 

They're Sorel Lolla tall (not Lolla II) boots. 

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I have. :( 

They're Sorel Lolla tall (not Lolla II) boots. 

Thanks for the suggestion!
    I was going to suggest BackCountry.com but I checked and they have the Lolla II but not the Lolla. Sorry!
  • Options
    Ugh. There I was, finishing up pumping before going to bed, when I hear DS abruptly start Screaming bloody murder like he is on fire. Not only care I hear him just from the noise coming down stairs but it is blaring and echoing through the baby monitor. Of course I quickly detach myself, run up stairs, and try to comfort him. He is in panic mode though and it takes me several minutes to calm him. DH slept through the whole thing, on the couch just a few feet from the monitor. I am trying not to overreact but is this cause for concern? Like how long would have the baby screamed for if I wasn’t home? I need a sound activated shock collar or something for DH. WWWWD?
  • Options
    Yeah, no kids here but my H can sleep through anything.  Our bedroom is attahed to the kitchen and I can make a smoothie in the a.m. with a blender no problem 😁 

• Options
    STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2019

Ugh. There I was, finishing up pumping before going to bed, when I hear DS abruptly start Screaming bloody murder like he is on fire. Not only care I hear him just from the noise coming down stairs but it is blaring and echoing through the baby monitor. Of course I quickly detach myself, run up stairs, and try to comfort him. He is in panic mode though and it takes me several minutes to calm him. DH slept through the whole thing, on the couch just a few feet from the monitor. I am trying not to overreact but is this cause for concern? Like how long would have the baby screamed for if I wasn’t home? I need a sound activated shock collar or something for DH. WWWWD?

I think often people say they can’t hear when really I bet if he knew no one was there he would have. So next time shake him awake first! 
  • Options

I think often people say they can’t hear when really I bet if he knew no one was there he would have. So next time shake him awake first! 
    Yess!!

So, totally unrelated, but I have trained my sleeping husband. He snores when he lays on his back, so after ten years of me waking him up and yelling at him to roll over, he now rolls over immediately when I barely touch his shoulder. Never even wakes up anymore and I don't even have to say anything.

So I guess my point is that if you wake him up every time, maybe eventually he'll start waking up from the noise itself...?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Sometimes it happens. I’ve been the person that has slept through a bed wetting, sheet changes, and laundry starting. I also don’t remember m2 coming in and telling me about zombies trying to kill her. Apparently I said ok and sent her away (that was pretty recent too)

Dh slept through darn near every one of our kids’ overnight feedings. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Sometimes it happens. I’ve been the person that has slept through a bed wetting, sheet changes, and laundry starting. I also don’t remember m2 coming in and telling me about zombies trying to kill her. Apparently I said ok and sent her away (that was pretty recent too)

Dh slept through darn near every one of our kids’ overnight feedings. 
    But I bet if you weren’t around, somehow he would still have managed to keep them fed overnight!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I knew there wasn’t really anything I could do about it. DH is a great dad, he would never purposely sleep through a cryfest. Just in the moment it had me a little heated but it helps to hear it isn’t something to make a big deal over. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @drunkenwitch! Good to see you! Fenrir and Loki are adorable!

Sending healing vibes for your sMIL, @6fsn!

How did work go, @ShesSoCold?

@STARMOON44, are you sure we don’t work at the same place? Your secretary sounds like my coworker who never does anything.

Work was intense, but fortunately I had a really good meeting tonight.

DW and I are going to dinner and a movie tomorrow night. I really want to see “Isn’t It Romantic?” — hoping we can get tickets. Dinner is going to be a challenge because I’ve decided to get serious about going vegan and DW is very much a meat and potatoes girl. There’s a Japanese place in the same plaza as the movie theater; I’m going to suggest that.
  • Options
    Yeah, no kids here but my H can sleep through anything.  Our bedroom is attahed to the kitchen and I can make a smoothie in the a.m. with a blender no problem 😁 
    My DH is the same. ONE time he woke up when I was using the blender and he threw a hissy fit. He sleeps a lot more than I do and knows that I am not going to walk on eggshells because he is napping on the couch. If he needs to sleep, he can go upstairs to bed. SNS.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I am not concerned about night feedings or regular care, it just bothered me that DS was literally screaming as loud and hard as he could and DH slept through it. I am over it though, nothing I could do about it I weren’t here and DH can’t help that he is a deep sleeper. 

Eta: only time will tell if he will wake up with him when he is older. He did sometimes with the dog so there is hope, lol.